+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CSIS and CBSA notes for Background Check

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Hello Everyone,

We have ordered notes for our family member whose citizenship application is in progress.

Background check is in progress. Criminality has passed, Security is in progress.

The security notes were erased before being sent to us.

Can we order CSIS and CBSA notes to track the progress? Would we be able to see the data or it will be erased the same way GCMS notes were?

citapplicant

Oct 9, 2023
IDK what is wrong with my application but here's my status. I passed criminality (I'm sure of this), and security (I'm not sure of this, see this post where I explain why I think I passed security), but my prohibitions are still in progress (passed language and physical presence). I requested my CBSA and IRCC notes, the same parts are redacted/erased in the notes. I requested my CSIS notes as well, but they haven't sent it yet. It will be 30 days on the 30th of this month, but since it's the end of the year, they might postpone my request. I'll try to update you if I don't forget about this post, and tell you if ordering CSIS notes was useful.

TL;DR: Same sections are redacted in CBSA and IRCC notes, I'm still waiting for my CSIS notes.

citapplicant

Oct 9, 2023
yeah right. i didn't expect to get that redacted part, but maybe other type of info but it was essentially the same with the ircc notes.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
IDK what is wrong with my application but here's my status. I passed criminality (I'm sure of this), and security (I'm not sure of this, see this post where I explain why I think I passed security), but my prohibitions are still in progress (passed language and physical presence). I requested my CBSA and IRCC notes, the same parts are redacted/erased in the notes. I requested my CSIS notes as well, but they haven't sent it yet. It will be 30 days on the 30th of this month, but since it's the end of the year, they might postpone my request. I'll try to update you if I don't forget about this post, and tell you if ordering CSIS notes was useful.

TL;DR: Same sections are redacted in CBSA and IRCC notes, I'm still waiting for my CSIS notes.
Background Check comprises of Criminality and Security both. If either of them are in progress the background check will show in progress. In your case I think the background check should show as passed. Just wait for the prohibitions to complete and you will receive the oath soon.

I will wait to hear from you regarding the CSIS notes.

Reactions: citapplicant

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Yeah my background check is completed but prohibitions involve RCMP, CSIS and IRCC's own data. See this https://img1.wsimg.com/blobby/go/93f692f2-4496-4e26-bf87-dea3f09083dc/downloads/CP6+-+Prohibitions.pdf?ver=1674583914012 pdf for detailed info on how they process prohibitions. It is from 2010 but should be similar.
That's an interesting long topic for me to read and I will give it a read sometime later.

I am just wondering if Background check involves Criminality and Security clearance, what is so different about Prohibitions?

citapplicant

Oct 9, 2023
honestly I have no clue hahaha. It looks like I have an ongoing investigation about me but it is redacted, the only reason I believe this is the case is because they redacted information based on S.21 and S.22 or something like that I don't quite remember and those laws were about ongoing investigations if I remember correctly. I haven't committed any crimes, so idk what they are investigating lol. we'll see i guess (if they include what the investigation was about after it's done)

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
honestly I have no clue hahaha. It looks like I have an ongoing investigation about me but it is redacted, the only reason I believe this is the case is because they redacted information based on S.21 and S.22 or something like that I don't quite remember and those laws were about ongoing investigations if I remember correctly. I haven't committed any crimes, so idk what they are investigating lol. we'll see i guess (if they include what the investigation was about after it's done)
Do you have a common name?

• Haha

citapplicant

Oct 9, 2023
yeah it's possible, I hope they process everyone's application as quickly as possible. we'll wait and see, nothing much we can do unfortunately.

citapplicant

Oct 9, 2023
Welp, today is the 30th day since I made my request. They haven't responded yet. I haven't forgotten this thread, but they just haven't sent my notes yet.

Reactions: Tamiou