+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Crucial question about work experience

Ahmed_adel107

Jan 22, 2017
I'm a pharmacist in Egypt. I graduated at June 2016, and i have been working as a pharmacist since then.
the problem is when i registered in the syndicate in Egypt, I received a work license on 22 September 2016 and I found out that there's a law in Egypt that I'm only eligible to work after i receive this license, but actually in our real life this law is not followed and i have started working before receiving it.

so, should I apply next June relying on my graduation date and the experience letter i have, or do i have to wait tell next September to be able to apply ?

N.B: I have both my ECA and IELTS and the only thing holding me from applying is completing the one year experience.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
I don't think Canada cares about the law or work licensing in Egypt (especially since you say no one follows it), as long as you can back it up with payslips and your employment letter.

People from Egypt with first-hand experience on this will be free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Ahmed_adel107

Jan 22, 2017
bellaluna said:
I don't think Canada cares about the law or work licensing in Egypt (especially since you say no one follows it), as long as you can back it up with payslips and your employment letter.

People from Egypt with first-hand experience on this will be free to correct me if I'm wrong.
thank you for your response.
the problem is that the pharmacy business in Egypt isn't that professional; I get paid in cash and we don't get employment letter. I can only provide an experience letter and the contact information of my employer.

and if i apply next june, what should i answer the question of " when were you eligible to work ?" should i write my graduation date or the license date accompanied with an explanation letter ?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
"Employment letter", "experience letter", "reference letter", it's just semantics, as long as they contain the information CIC requires.

Your graduation date should be OK in most cases and it's what I did, but again, would hope to hear from someone with first-hand experience in Egypt.

Dammee

Jun 21, 2020
Hello, I am applying for the Express Entry and I am having issues with my NOC. I am a business operations manager and the closest NOC to my job title is 0125. I tried applying on the job bank but most (if not all) of the job titles there are related to audit and financial firms.
Please what do I do on the job bank portal to avoid not being exposed to recruiters.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello, I am applying for the Express Entry and I am having issues with my NOC. I am a business operations manager and the closest NOC to my job title is 0125. I tried applying on the job bank but most (if not all) of the job titles there are related to audit and financial firms.
Please what do I do on the job bank portal to avoid not being exposed to recruiters.
I wouldn't worry about job bank. The chances of getting a job offer are effectively nil.

thevisawhisperer

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2020
West Coast

Not helpful, Bellaluna, encouraging people to possibly misrepresent information on their applications because you "don't think Canada cares about the law or work licensing in Egypt". Shame on you.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Not helpful, Bellaluna, encouraging people to possibly misrepresent information on their applications because you "don't think Canada cares about the law or work licensing in Egypt". Shame on you.
Oh, I'd never encourage misrepresentation and I never have. My bad then for a poorly written post from three years ago. I don't even remember what I was even trying to point out there anymore. You're within reason to call me out on that post.

Last edited:
Reactions: scylla

Dammee

Jun 21, 2020
I applied to the pool as the primary applicant because the scores were better. Can my husband create another profile different from the one we already submitted (or entered the pool with). The thought process is He might have better chances of getting selected by a province because of his job function. Also do you think the provinces wont consider someone for a job if he is a secondary applicant?