+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Crs score 460 and above connect!!!!!

ioorabh

Star Member
Aug 22, 2015
hey guys
need your help in answering some of my questions

1. --> I got an invite on April 20th 2016 where I submitted all my documents on June 16th , (medical done June 11th). There has been no change in status till date which Review eligibility in progress. My Question is if CIC is looking for additional documents, where exactly can I see in my profile if they asked for it. Can some guide me to navigate there?

2. --> Where can I see if my profile was selected under CEC or FSW class?

The questions may sound silly, it would be of great help if someone can respond. Thanks a lot

LokiJr01

Apr 13, 2016
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2016
Doc's Request.
09-08-2016
Nomination.....
26-08-2016
AOR Received.
15-09-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
09-09-2016
Passport Req..
05-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2017
johnjkjk said:
With maximum scores for age, English language ability and foreign experience and with a masters degree, the highest score possible is 481.

It would appear that the only way to have more than 481 points would be if one has Canadian work experience (up to 80), a PhD (Masters +15) or points for French (up to 24). Those with any of these attributes but with only a few points above 481 are likely to have fewer points for age or language ability, bringing down their overall score.

Further, the longer the draws remain in the 480s and above, a significant backlog of those between 460 and 480 will build up, at the rate of several thousand a month. This means that even if the ITAs increase after the old-system backlog has been cleared, as has been suggested, there would be so many candidates in the low 480s and high 470s that it would take perhaps up to 6 months to clear the new backlog.
In other words, the 480 range is really hard for most people to achieve without any Canadian background (education, work, relatives or offer)...The recent draws just confirm the fact that CIC is still working on the backlog which is why they are getting very few people in the normal EE pool. We can only hope things become better in the next coming months...because if it's not, then it sets a really gloomy impression that for you to be considered, you need to have such high credentials :O

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
LokiJr01 said:
In other words, the 480 range is really hard for most people to achieve without any Canadian background (education, work, relatives or offer)...The recent draws just confirm the fact that CIC is still working on the backlog which is why they are getting very few people in the normal EE pool. We can only hope things become better in the next coming months...because if it's not, then it sets a really gloomy impression that for you to be considered, you need to have such high credentials :O
Basically, yes. Those with a Canadian background as you indicate, have a very strong advantage indeed. Hopefully the paper-application backlog would have been cleared within a couple of months but my fear is that even if ITAs increased to 2500, a new backlog would have built up consisting of people with high scores (470-480) that may take considerable time to clear.

Respite may come if there are fewer holders of job offers and nominations. Respite may also come next year if Skilled Migration quota is increased overall (it's been reduced this year).

sikkavarun

Star Member
Feb 3, 2015
Canada
Category........
FSW
ioorabh said:
hey guys
need your help in answering some of my questions

1. --> I got an invite on April 20th 2016 where I submitted all my documents on June 16th , (medical done June 11th). There has been no change in status till date which Review eligibility in progress. My Question is if CIC is looking for additional documents, where exactly can I see in my profile if they asked for it. Can some guide me to navigate there?

2. --> Where can I see if my profile was selected under CEC or FSW class?

The questions may sound silly, it would be of great help if someone can respond. Thanks a lot
Hi,

1. Usually u wud get a CIC Message that will contain a link where you can upload your additional documents. If there is no such message/notification then no worries, currently there is no demand for explanation.
2. For the FSW or CIC, this used to come on the Express Entry profile where they showed the points calculated. it showed :
FSW : met
CEC : not met
.... etc.
Once you submit your documents and u receive eAOR, this is hidden and it just shows the application status and other status like reviews, medical etc. I am not sure where u can check it. May be try to view your application that u submitted and you can see it there.

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
johnjkjk said:
Basically, yes. Those with a Canadian background as you indicate, have a very strong advantage indeed. Hopefully the paper-application backlog would have been cleared within a couple of months but my fear is that even if ITAs increased to 2500, a new backlog would have built up consisting of people with high scores (470-480) that may take considerable time to clear.

Respite may come if there are fewer holders of job offers and nominations. Respite may also come next year if Skilled Migration quota is increased overall (it's been reduced this year).
Those with Canadian background also having a hard time as well, especially young single people. Maximum one can score with Canadian bachelor degree, 2-year Canadian work exp and max IELTS score is 469.

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
Alexios07 said:
Those with Canadian background also having a hard time as well, especially young single people. Maximum one can score with Canadian bachelor degree, 2-year Canadian work exp and max IELTS score is 469.
A one year diploma will push that up to 502 points, with 8 extra points for two or more certificates and an extra 25 for skill transferability. The identical candidate with 3 years of overseas experience instead of 2 years Canadian can only have a maximum of 474 and with a masters degree this is maxed out at 481. As the lowest in the 'high score' draws has been 482, this can only be realiastically achieved with Canadian experience.

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
johnjkjk said:
A one year diploma will push that up to 502 points, with 8 extra points for two or more certificates and an extra 25 for skill transferability. The identical candidate with 3 years of overseas experience instead of 2 years Canadian can only have a maximum of 474 and with a masters degree this is maxed out at 481. As the lowest in the 'high score' draws has been 482, this can only be realiastically achieved with Canadian experience.
502? how?

• Single 20-29 years old candidate, Two or more degrees (Bachelor + 1-year diploma), 2 years Canadian work exp and max IELTS score: 477 (484 for Master)
  • Single 20-29 years old candidate, Two or more degrees (Bachelor + 1-year diploma), 3 years foreign work exp and max IELTS score: 474 (481 for Master)

How about this one

• Single 20-29 years old candidate, Bachelor degree, 2 years Canadian work exp and max IELTS score: 469
  • Single 20-29 years old candidate, Bachelor degree, 1 year Canadian work exp + 1 year foreign work exp and max IELTS score: 482

Please note that it's impossible for int'l students to achieve 3 years Canadian work exp due to the PGWP.

Guri.singh

Mar 28, 2016
Alexios07 said:
502? how?

• Single 20-29 years old candidate, Two or more degrees (Bachelor + 1-year diploma), 2 years Canadian work exp and max IELTS score: 477 (484 for Master)
  • Single 20-29 years old candidate, Two or more degrees (Bachelor + 1-year diploma), 3 years foreign work exp and max IELTS score: 474 (481 for Master)

How about this one

• Single 20-29 years old candidate, Bachelor degree, 2 years Canadian work exp and max IELTS score: 469
  • Single 20-29 years old candidate, Bachelor degree, 1 year Canadian work exp + 1 year foreign work exp and max IELTS score: 482

Please note that it's impossible for int'l students to achieve 3 years Canadian work exp due to the PGWP.

Hi Buddy,

I am planning to start a 2 Year Diploma course and was just wondering what my points could be on its completion.
Ill really appreciate if you can help me in calculating the max points for :

Single 20-29 years old candidate,
Two or more degrees (Bachelors of Technology + 2-year Canadian diploma),
3 years foreign work exp + 2 years of Canadian Work Experience and max IELTS score:

Thanks!!

nonnemacher

Aug 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I bumped my score from 425 to 469 last week after taking CELPIP for the second time. I was so disappointed that I couldn`t score 9+ in everything so I asked for revaluation of my speaking and writing.

I couldn`t believe my eyes when they bumped my writingfrom 8 to 11!! My speaking increased from 8 to 9.

Looking forward for the next round of invitations, I`ve been in the pool since the beginning of times (January 2015 :p :p)

KimPositive

Star Member
Jun 6, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sitting here with 466 and no luck for ITA so far....
I started to learn French and also reached out to my MP asking to consult on how I can speed things up. The disappointing answer was that I'm already on the fastest track - I have to be more patient (which I am since October 2015). Only a job offer with LMIA would speed up things. Thank God I found a company which would help me with the LMIA. Having my fingers crossed that this isn't to difficult.

Stay positive guys! Our score is great.

intensecool

Jan 29, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sitting on 468 and waiting before scores drop by 5 points in September end week.

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guri.singh said:
Hi Buddy,

I am planning to start a 2 Year Diploma course and was just wondering what my points could be on its completion.
Ill really appreciate if you can help me in calculating the max points for :

Single 20-29 years old candidate,
Two or more degrees (Bachelors of Technology + 2-year Canadian diploma),
3 years foreign work exp + 2 years of Canadian Work Experience and max IELTS score:

Thanks!!
You will have 527. Use this CRS Calculator tool from IRCC website to check.

patricia.hple

Star Member
Jun 3, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You guys' scores are really high! My score is 441; figure I should ask people who scored higher than me to give me suggestions on how I can increase my score in the fastest way!
- 29 years old
- Single
- Bachelor's degree (outside of Canada)
- 2 years studying HIGH SCHOOL in Canada -- so it's not like, it's a second degree
- Max on IELTS (Band 9)
- 3+ years of international work experience

The 441 is a correct assessment, right? Or, do I miss something? Any suggestion on how to improve score within 6 months or so? Thank you!

LokiJr01

Apr 13, 2016
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2016
Doc's Request.
09-08-2016
Nomination.....
26-08-2016
AOR Received.
15-09-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
09-09-2016
Passport Req..
05-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2017
@patricia.hple, take a post graduate course as that can add ~50 points to your profile (and yes, secondary education does not count)