GurpreetSunny

Star Member
Feb 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
singh1986 said:
462 and waiting
I have ielts (L8,R8,W8.5,S8.5) age-31 and work exp 5 YRS
Where else I can improve any suggestions? ;)
If you have spouse than her good score in ielts.

Divyasharad

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
GurpreetSunny said:
Same here. We should discuss about the documemts and prepare ourselves beforehand.
Hi,

Yes i have started collecting other documents that are required post ITA. Do u have any idea about proof of funds
As in i am confused about whether we require the required funds in our bank account for last six months or does the average balance of last six months works???

GurpreetSunny

Star Member
Feb 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Divyasharad said:
Hi,

Yes i have started collecting other documents that are required post ITA. Do u have any idea about proof of funds
As in i am confused about whether we require the required funds in our bank account for last six months or does the average balance of last six months works???
We need to have standing balance in our bank accounts. Fixd deposits, ppf, recurring deposit and bank certificates or bank statements for showing your current bank balance. You should have this balance till you land in canada

Mrudul

Oct 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2016
AOR Received.
06-11-2016
Med's Done....
11-11-2016
Passport Req..
06-12-2016
I created my EE Profile last week with a score of 478. Hoping that the scores will come down (below 480) and get an ITA.

Divyasharad

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
GurpreetSunny said:
We need to have standing balance in our bank accounts. Fixd deposits, ppf, recurring deposit and bank certificates or bank statements for showing your current bank balance. You should have this balance till you land in canada
I understand that but my question is do we need to have that balance for six months before receiving an ITA?

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
I don't understand why people are struggling with the IELTS. For a native English speaker it's like a primary school test. The test exists for a reason; so that you can integrate well. If you're struggling might I respectfully suggest attending a language school in your country. Taking the test multiple times until you get lucky won't help you out as an immigrant.

LokiJr01

Apr 13, 2016
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2016
Doc's Request.
09-08-2016
Nomination.....
26-08-2016
AOR Received.
15-09-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
09-09-2016
Passport Req..
05-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2017
Many of our members here are from a Asian countries and English is not the native language.

Plus language is a subject not everyone is universally good at (just like math). I know a lot of Brits and Aussies who can't even get their subject verb agreement right hehe

Sepehragapeh

Feb 4, 2015
462 ! :( what a silly scoring system this is. Been in Canada for 5 years now, worked for 2 years and am married to a Canadian!!! damn it! what else is needed to be a canadian or get a good score, but yet, a wealthy person from nowhere can get ahead ... grr ... so much frustration ... and my work permit is coming to the end by next Feb and I'm kicked out! Are you kidding me?!

;(

LokiJr01

Apr 13, 2016
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2016
Doc's Request.
09-08-2016
Nomination.....
26-08-2016
AOR Received.
15-09-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
09-09-2016
Passport Req..
05-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2017
You're in Canada, there has to be other options available to you.
In a way, sad but true, money can do wonders with immigration - international studies, business visa, and all that.

We've got no choice but to play the cards dealt to us. As the old saying goes, hate the player, not the game. hehe

Mrudul

Oct 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2016
AOR Received.
06-11-2016
Med's Done....
11-11-2016
Passport Req..
06-12-2016
What are the chances we get a third draw this month of June?

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
LokiJr01 said:
Many of our members here are from a Asian countries and English is not the native language.

Plus language is a subject not everyone is universally good at (just like math). I know a lot of Brits and Aussies who can't even get their subject verb agreement right hehe
I appreciate that, my point was that the language score is not a mere bureaucratic hurdle; it's there to help indicate how well you'll be able to integrate and succeed. Ergo, if you're committed to building a life in a particular country, its in your own interest to try and improve your language ability.

sikkavarun

Star Member
Feb 3, 2015
Canada
Category........
FSW
johnjkjk said:
I appreciate that, my point was that the language score is not a mere bureaucratic hurdle; it's there to help indicate how well you'll be able to integrate and succeed. Ergo, if you're committed to building a life in a particular country, its in your own interest to try and improve your language ability.
Well,

Just to clear your doubt on the IELTS system, it is a mandate from the government of canada immigration department and is a must. If you look at the CRS points calculation - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp then you will understand that having a par score in IELTS can get you an ITA. And there are people who have attempted IELTS 4-5 times to score a Par score and have succeeded to receive PR because of it.

So its not that the people have made IELTS important but its the Canadian Government (Immigration Dept) and even Australian and New zealand Immigration departments have made a mandate.

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
You've completely missed my point. I respectfully suggest re-reading my previous post. Compulsory, yes, but it's sagacious to understand that it's there for a good reason. It's the immigrant that ultimately would benefit from ensuring that their language ability is up to the mark: better job prospects, greater integration, a higher ability to communicate and participate in local and national debate etc. Not only this, poor language skills reinforces a stereotype, causing problems for all immigrants.

Sluffy

May 11, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13-11-2016
I'm in the most stupid situation ever.
I got WES ECA in the late April and my CRS score is 481 for now.
Since that time score never dropped below 482. ;D
And very soon I'm getting older and I'm losing points.
Really discouraging.
Hope for the best.
Dear Universe, please give me my bd present in advance :)

sikkavarun

Star Member
Feb 3, 2015
Canada
Category........
FSW
johnjkjk said:
You've completely missed my point. I respectfully suggest re-reading my previous post. Compulsory, yes, but it's sagacious to understand that it's there for a good reason. It's the immigrant that ultimately would benefit from ensuring that their language ability is up to the mark: better job prospects, greater integration, a higher ability to communicate and participate in local and national debate etc. Not only this, poor language skills reinforces a stereotype, causing problems for all immigrants.
I completely take your point and understand what you try to convey. But was just in addition to what @LokiJr01 said. And having a good English will definitely help all the immigrants to adjust to a totally new environment in Canada and Australia.