+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CRS Calculator and Express Entry Profile showing different scores

aamir87

Feb 10, 2016
When I put my details in official CRS calculator on CIC website, it shows score as 453. However, when I create Express Entry profile, it is showing score as 478 and accordingly I received ITA today. (minimum CRS cut off was 459)

The difference in scores is under "Skill Transferability factors - Education". I am given 50 points here as per Express Entry and 25 points as per Calculator.

I have IELTS overall band 8 (Speaking 7.5, Listening 8, Reading 9, Writing 8) and Masters (as per WES).

Can anyone suggest the reason of discrepancy and which one is correct? As per above data, I should get 25 points under Skill Transferability factors - Education or 50?

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
aamir87 said:
When I put my details in official CRS calculator on CIC website, it shows score as 453. However, when I create Express Entry profile, it is showing score as 478 and accordingly I received ITA today. (minimum CRS cut off was 459)

The difference in scores is under "Skill Transferability factors - Education". I am given 50 points here as per Express Entry and 25 points as per Calculator.

I have IELTS overall band 8 (Speaking 7.5, Listening 8, Reading 9, Writing 8) and Masters (as per WES).

Can anyone suggest the reason of discrepancy and which one is correct? As per above data, I should get 25 points under Skill Transferability factors - Education or 50?
You can rely on Express Entry score. Congrats on your ITA!

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
The CIC calculator has a little disclaimer at the bottom, which makes it very clear that it is to be used only for reference purposes, and in the event of a clash between it and your EE profile, go with your EE profile score.
I would personally go with what your EE profile says.

aamir87

Feb 10, 2016
Asivad Anac said:
Do you have a work anniversary in the near future?
Yes, i created profile on 5.Feb.16 and I completed work anniversary on 2nd Feb. However, even today if I put details, it says 453 points in CRS calculator.

aamir87

Feb 10, 2016
What is their criteria for following?

C. Skill Transferability factors (Maximum 100 points)

Education Points per factor
(Maximum 50 points)
With good/strong official languages proficiency and a post-secondary degree 50
With Canadian work experience and a post-secondary degree 50

What is good/ strong IELTS score?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aamir87 said:
What is their criteria for following?

C. Skill Transferability factors (Maximum 100 points)

Education Points per factor
(Maximum 50 points)
With good/strong official languages proficiency and a post-secondary degree 50
With Canadian work experience and a post-secondary degree 50

What is good/ strong IELTS score?
CLB 9 - 8 in L and 7 in R/W/S.

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
What link are you using to calculate your CRS?
Just make sure you check your EE profile to ensure you haven't claimed points for something you don't have.

aamir87

Feb 10, 2016
One_Topsy said:
What link are you using to calculate your CRS?
Just make sure you check your EE profile to ensure you haven't claimed points for something you don't have.

Any idea what is meant by Good/ Strong first official language score.

Dexmoody

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aamir87 said:
Any idea what is meant by Good/ Strong first official language score.
Please check this link for details under section C. Skill transferability factors:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp

ajaf

Star Member
Jan 11, 2017
Hi Everyone,

I need help with calculation of my points as apparently there is a huge difference between the canadavisa and cic crs calculator.

If anyone can please help me calculating my points, that'd be greatly appreciated. I am very worried and before paying any lawyer, I would like to make sure I am somewhat near the draw numbers.

Here are my details:

2 years Canadian diploma

1 year of NOC 0 Canadian experience

Age 24, single

IETLS max out

Please advise, anyone?

jessxgc

Mar 3, 2014
Hi ajaf, I have the exact same details and 437 points according to canadavisa. Are you getting a different number ?

ajaf said:
Hi Everyone,

I need help with calculation of my points as apparently there is a huge difference between the canadavisa and cic crs calculator.

If anyone can please help me calculating my points, that'd be greatly appreciated. I am very worried and before paying any lawyer, I would like to make sure I am somewhat near the draw numbers.

Here are my details:

2 years Canadian diploma

1 year of NOC 0 Canadian experience

Age 24, single

IETLS max out

Please advise, anyone?