+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CRS 451, WAIT FOR ITA? OR APPLY OOPNP?

sairamchaganti

Aug 27, 2015
I'm really very confused, have a gut feeling that the next ITA will be 451 or below but I hope you guys with experience can help me out here

1. Should I wait for the next ITA round to apply for OOPNP? Just taking a chance? Is OOPNP First come First serve?

2. If I apply to OOPNP and it is in process , and I receive a ITA before OOPNP AOR can I still use the standard procedure to complete the application or wait for OOPNP?

PLEASE GUYS YOUR HELP WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED

chaitanyaprsd1

Star Member
Apr 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did you receive an invite from Ontario? To apply for OOPNP I think we need to have one unless you worked/studied in Ontario earlier. And from the other threads I learnt that Ontario is not issuing any invititations as of now

451 is really a good score, 13 draw cutoff was 451, so I think you have pretty fare chances. Just hang on

sairamchaganti

Aug 27, 2015
chaitanyaprsd1 said:
Did you receive an invite from Ontario? To apply for OOPNP I think we need to have one unless you worked/studied in Ontario earlier. And from the other threads I learnt that Ontario is not issuing any invititations as of now

451 is really a good score, 13 draw cutoff was 451, so I think you have pretty fare chances. Just hang on
I did get an invitation today, so I'm just hanging to it for one more draw

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
Yes definitely You must wait. thats my view. I am 438 and i will not accept OONP so easily. It has to go down below 430. Why go for a longer process and 1500 more dollars? Anyway if u think u should proceed its not a biog deal. After all what matters is you got it. Just go for it.

For your query untill u reject the invitation ur profile is unseen and than again in the pool. So while in process u wont recieve ITA from mains. The profile become invisible thats what someone as told me from discussions here.

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
sairamchaganti said:
I did get an invitation today, so I'm just hanging to it for one more draw
I think they have started sending PT. I am with 438. Just waiting for PT from Ontario. no one sends me but Hopes are the best assets I cant lose hope

sairamchaganti

Aug 27, 2015
bestofluck said:
Yes definitely You must wait. thats my view. I am 438 and i will not accept OONP so easily. It has to go down below 430. Why go for a longer process and 1500 more dollars? Anyway if u think u should proceed its not a biog deal. After all what matters is you got it. Just go for it.

For your query untill u reject the invitation ur profile is unseen and than again in the pool. So while in process u wont recieve ITA from mains. The profile become invisible thats what someone as told me from discussions here.
Profile become invisible when in OOPNP process and I'm not considered for a direct ITA? Are you sure? Can you direct me to any other thread which states that?

Also I have no option where I can reject a OOPNP INVITATION , its just in the messages should criin with no call to action buttons, so hopefully I'm still visible for the actual ITA

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
sairamchaganti said:
Profile become invisible when in OOPNP process and I'm not considered for a direct ITA? Are you sure? Can you direct me to any other thread which states that?

Also I have no option where I can reject a OOPNP INVITATION , its just in the messages should criin with no call to action buttons, so hopefully I'm still visible for the actual ITA
I have read in this profile that people who have already submitted there applocations for PNP also got ITA directly from CIC.
Also, i think its written in the letter that your profile becomes invisible to other Provinces. I think they also wrote that you can still get an ITA during processing of your PNP application and also that an applocant can get Selected by multiple provinces at one time

sairamchaganti

Aug 27, 2015
rafzy said:
I have read in this profile that people who have already submitted there applocations for PNP also got ITA directly from CIC.
Also, i think its written in the letter that your profile becomes invisible to other Provinces. I think they also wrote that you can still get an ITA during processing of your PNP application and also that an applocant can get Selected by multiple provinces at one time
Thank you for clarifying... Will look forward for the next ITA DRAW and then apply for OOPNP

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You have 45 days to apply to OINP. After you send in a completed application to them, they will take 90 days or more to possibly respond favorably with a nomination. Only after receiving and accepting that nomination, your profile becomes invisible to other provinces. Till that point in time, you can certainly land a regular ITA if the draw cutoff falls to 451 or lower.

Recommend that you collect all documents and wait for 5 weeks from today. In that period, there are likely to be 2 draws (judging by previous trends). If the cutoff score doesn't fall to 451 in those draws (very likely occurrence) then you can choose to send out the application and try to 'buy an ITA' for 1500 CAD or reject the invitation and wait for the cutoff score to fall to 451 in the coming months (definitely likely over the next 3-4 months). Even if you send the application to OINP after 5 weeks, they will take an additional 10-14 weeks to process the same and send you a nomination which adds up to 4-5 months before you will get the elusive ITA based on this PN (plus there is no guarantee that they will definitely send you a PN eventually).

At 451, you can certainly choose to risk it and ignore this invitation. But you will have to be patient. 5 out of the last 6 months had a draw with cutoff in the low 450s but only twice it went to 451.

sairamchaganti

Aug 27, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
You have 45 days to apply to OINP. After you send in a completed application to them, they will take 90 days or more to possibly respond favorably with a nomination. Only after receiving and accepting that nomination, your profile becomes invisible to other provinces. Till that point in time, you can certainly land a regular ITA if the draw cutoff falls to 451 or lower.

Recommend that you collect all documents and wait for 5 weeks from today. In that period, there are likely to be 2 draws (judging by previous trends). If the cutoff score doesn't fall to 451 in those draws (very likely occurrence) then you can choose to send out the application and try to 'buy an ITA' for 1500 CAD or reject the invitation and wait for the cutoff score to fall to 451 in the coming months (definitely likely over the next 3-4 months). Even if you send the application to OINP after 5 weeks, they will take an additional 10-14 weeks to process the same and send you a nomination which adds up to 4-5 months before you will get the elusive ITA based on this PN (plus there is no guarantee that they will definitely send you a PN eventually).

At 451, you can certainly choose to risk it and ignore this invitation. But you will have to be patient. 5 out of the last 6 months had a draw with cutoff in the low 450s but only twice it went to 451.
Thank you Asivad for your detailed reply.

Although I have an option to apply for ECA for my spouse which adds 8 points at CAD 400 from WES, Which brings the CRS to 459 is each point worth CAD 50?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sairamchaganti said:
Thank you Asivad for your detailed reply.

Although I have an option to apply for ECA for my spouse which adds 8 points at CAD 400 from WES, Which brings the CRS to 459 is each point worth CAD 50?
Depends. At 459, you will land an ITA in almost every alternate draw before 2015 is over. But WES will take 4-6 weeks to process the ECA and you might take 2 weeks to send all the documents. So that sets you back by 2 months and you might get an ITA in those 2 months at 451 itself!

Tough call. If you don't have a better use for 400 CAD, recommend that you go for it. And forget that you ever had them in the first place (because you just might land an ITA without having needed to spend them at all in the first place!).

sairamchaganti

Aug 27, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
Depends. At 459, you will land an ITA in almost every alternate draw before 2015 is over. But WES will take 4-6 weeks to process the ECA and you might take 2 weeks to send all the documents. So that sets you back by 2 months and you might get an ITA in those 2 months at 451 itself!

Tough call. If you don't have a better use for 400 CAD, recommend that you go for it. And forget that you ever had them in the first place (because you just might land an ITA without having needed to spend them at all in the first place!).
Thank you again.

I got WES process it in 10 days previously, so hope I'll go for it only after the next draw.

I got all the required info from this thread, thank you everybody who took their time to reply.

Keep up the good work.