+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Crossing the border with COPR as a newly landed PR

silvercrown

May 20, 2019
Hi. I just want to asked when did you land as a permanent resident and when did you get the email that your photo didn't meet the standard? I mean the timeline between the day you land and the day you get the email.
Hi, sorry about the late reply.
I landed as PR on May 12 and received the email about the photo on May 27 - so 15 calendar days I guess.
Are you facing a similar situation?

Reactions: Best4best

Best4best

Sep 24, 2018
Hi, sorry about the late reply.
I landed as PR on May 12 and received the email about the photo on May 27 - so 15 calendar days I guess.
Are you facing a similar situation?
Thanks for your response. I landed May 21 and received email about the photo June 3rd. Email was dated May 31st. I went to professional studio here in Montreal take new one and send to them right away. Have you heard anything from them? Have you sent new photos back and when

kArora

Nov 16, 2019
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
Hi all, I'm a new member. Recently did my landing (11th November). I've been living in Canada since 2017.

Quick question: can i enter via road from the US without the PR card, and also if my CoPR has expired?

I ask because I may be traveling this December and might not receive by PR card before I leave Canada. In that case, I'll probably fly to the US and drive from there on my way back.

Thanks!

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hi all, I'm a new member. Recently did my landing (11th November). I've been living in Canada since 2017.

Quick question: can i enter via road from the US without the PR card, and also if my CoPR has expired?

I ask because I may be traveling this December and might not receive by PR card before I leave Canada. In that case, I'll probably fly to the US and drive from there on my way back.

Thanks!
Yes. You only need to provide sufficient information to CBSA for them to establish / confirm your PR status and they'll let you enter Canada. Your passport and signed COPR will be sufficient.

kArora

Nov 16, 2019
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
Yes. You only need to provide sufficient information to CBSA for them to establish / confirm your PR status and they'll let you enter Canada. Your passport and signed COPR will be sufficient.
Thanks! :)