+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Crossing the border with COPR as a newly landed PR

Best4best

Sep 24, 2018
Just watch out for a ghost update on your profile (an e-mail sent to you saying that your profile has been updated) once that happens your application should be approved within a few days time providing your photos didn't get rejected. Mine was accepted at first try hence why I got mine in 2 weeks. Best of luck!
Thank you for your response. I believe my photo is accepted and hopefully to get it in 2 weeks time.
Thanks

James_NZ1

Jan 15, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
App. Filed.......
14-07-2017
Passport Req..
09-08-2018
You can cross with your COPR and passport. just be prepared to go to secondary inspection.

this happened when coming across into Canada on land border.

just so you know incase you have a time constraint or are traveling with others

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
You can cross with your COPR and passport. just be prepared to go to secondary inspection.

How long did it take you to get through secondary inspection?

silvercrown

May 20, 2019
Please could you explain how long it takes to process the pr card from the day if landing. I also landed 21st May 2019. Link my pr card application and it's shows pr card submitted 23rd May 2019.
Yeah, this is confusing cos' I landed on May 12 but linked my application to my account on May 25 - now it shows Date Submitted: May 25, 2019!

Reactions: Best4best

silvercrown

May 20, 2019

Yes, please share what the secondary inspection was like. I am most likely gonna have to go thru' the same.

Best4best

Sep 24, 2018
Yeah, this is confusing cos' I landed on May 12 but linked my application to my account on May 25 - now it shows Date Submitted: May 25, 2019![/QUOT
To be honest is the same with me. I linked my application May 23 2019 and shows submitted May 23 2019. Am just counting from 23rd May 2019 to 13 days as indicated on IRCC website.
Do you get any update since then?

James_NZ1

Jan 15, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
App. Filed.......
14-07-2017
Passport Req..
09-08-2018
Yes, please share what the secondary inspection was like. I am most likely gonna have to go thru' the same.
I was entering Canada from the USA. he asked my status and said I was a PR. he asked for my card and I said I don't have one yet but gave him my copr that had been previously stamped. he told me to pull into the covered parking and go inside.

I parked up and went inside. the lady official asked for my documents and asked me few questions and to confirm my identity. like when did we submit our application and what office approved my application and questions only an applicant would know about thier application and this was just to prove my identity along with travel documents she was satisfied that I was the one on the copr and was in fact a PR and was on my way. process in secondary took maybe 20 minutes including wait time.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
I was entering Canada from the USA. he asked my status and said I was a PR. he asked for my card and I said I don't have one yet but gave him my copr that had been previously stamped. he told me to pull into the covered parking and go inside.

I parked up and went inside. the lady official asked for my documents and asked me few questions and to confirm my identity. like when did we submit our application and what office approved my application and questions only an applicant would know about thier application and this was just to prove my identity along with travel documents she was satisfied that I was the one on the copr and was in fact a PR and was on my way. process in secondary took maybe 20 minutes including wait time.
Thanks for the update. Sounds like a pretty easy interview and perhaps just a random verification.

silvercrown

May 20, 2019

Thanks so much! This puts my mind to ease; atleast they'll let me in with a small interrogation - especially now I know for sure I won't receive my PR card - cos they rejected the photos I submitted. I took them at Shopper's drugmart and it seemed like it fit the requirements.

silvercrown

May 20, 2019
Received an email today saying my photos were rejected. Not the kind of update I was looking for. I'll have to modify my itinerary a bit now -
I am flying in from India and will have to land in New York, rent a car and drive up north from there. Pbbrrr!

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Received an email today saying my photos were rejected. Not the kind of update I was looking for. I'll have to modify my itinerary a bit now -
I am flying in from India and will have to land in New York, rent a car and drive up north from there. Pbbrrr!
Brrr? When are you planning to land?

If it's the depths of winter, and you're not used to driving in the snow/ice... I'd be very careful. It's not easy if you don't know what you're doing.

If you are used to it.. just crank up the heat and the tunes, and you'll be here in no time. Why worry!

silvercrown

May 20, 2019
Brrr? When are you planning to land?

If it's the depths of winter, and you're not used to driving in the snow/ice... I'd be very careful. It's not easy if you don't know what you're doing.

If you are used to it.. just crank up the heat and the tunes, and you'll be here in no time. Why worry!
I'm flying in on the 8th of June and planning to drive up the next day. I'm hoping the weather isn't that bad now right? Man, it's gonna be nerve-racking till i get past that border checkpoint! o_O

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
I'm flying in on the 8th of June and planning to drive up the next day. I'm hoping the weather isn't that bad now right? Man, it's gonna be nerve-racking till i get past that border checkpoint! o_O
The weather is perfect right now.

Best4best

Sep 24, 2018
Hi. I just want to asked when did you land as a permanent resident and when did you get the email that your photo didn't meet the standard? I mean the timeline between the day you land and the day you get the email.

Best4best

Sep 24, 2018
Thanks so much! This puts my mind to ease; atleast they'll let me in with a small interrogation - especially now I know for sure I won't receive my PR card - cos they rejected the photos I submitted. I took them at Shopper's drugmart and it seemed like it fit the requirements.
Please could you let me know how long it's takes to hear from the about the photo after landing.