+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Crossed illegaly from Canada to US , after 4 years, returning into Canada illegally.

Tayloroshe7

Oct 11, 2018
Hello everybody! I have created myself a diffucult situation and now I am looking for help and advises. Thank you for all your comments in advance. I lived in US for couple of years and then left back to Europe. After couple of years living in London,UK i decided to go back to US, but was not able to get any kind of Visa, so I took of to Vancouver, one of the most beautiful cities ever, anyway, i was dreaming about going to US while staying in Canada on touristic 6 month entry. After three months i decided to cross the border illegaly to US. I have been living in Colorado, have a good job, got a healt insurance thru my employer and I am living good life, all my four years i filled for taxes and never committed any crime and never had a single issue. Over the time I established a excellent credit score and here is where its finished. I have no kids and I am here by myself. I am dying inside with the feeling of being here illegaly and cant go back to Europe to see my family. Two family members has died and I was not able to attend both funerals, so I decided to take some acctions. I spoke to 50 lawyers all over US, zero chance for me since I walked in without seeing immigration officer. I suck , but I was just too young and unexperienced to do any better then I did, so here I am in this situation.

I want to cross the border back to Canada, technically , for Canadian immigration I am still in Canada, nobody knows I have ever left to US, if I succesfully make it back to Canada without being detained, I will be in Canada with touristic Visa that has expired in March 2015, its been a while.

Do i have a chance to legalize myself in Canada with expired touristic Visa in my Passport? I am coming from Czechoslovakia and I am 29 years old. Working as a HVAC technician, certified. I speak 4 different languages and finished High School. I speak English, Russian, Polish, Slovak and Czech.

Please do not judge me based on my story. I messed up but working hard to fix my life. Thank you again!

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hello everybody! I have created myself a diffucult situation and now I am looking for help and advises. Thank you for all your comments in advance. I lived in US for couple of years and then left back to Europe. After couple of years living in London,UK i decided to go back to US, but was not able to get any kind of Visa, so I took of to Vancouver, one of the most beautiful cities ever, anyway, i was dreaming about going to US while staying in Canada on touristic 6 month entry. After three months i decided to cross the border illegaly to US. I have been living in Colorado, have a good job, got a healt insurance thru my employer and I am living good life, all my four years i filled for taxes and never committed any crime and never had a single issue. Over the time I established a excellent credit score and here is where its finished. I have no kids and I am here by myself. I am dying inside with the feeling of being here illegaly and cant go back to Europe to see my family. Two family members has died and I was not able to attend both funerals, so I decided to take some acctions. I spoke to 50 lawyers all over US, zero chance for me since I walked in without seeing immigration officer. I suck , but I was just too young and unexperienced to do any better then I did, so here I am in this situation.

I want to cross the border back to Canada, technically , for Canadian immigration I am still in Canada, nobody knows I have ever left to US, if I succesfully make it back to Canada without being detained, I will be in Canada with touristic Visa that has expired in March 2015, its been a while.

Do i have a chance to legalize myself in Canada with expired touristic Visa in my Passport? I am coming from Czechoslovakia and I am 29 years old. Working as a HVAC technician, certified. I speak 4 different languages and finished High School. I speak English, Russian, Polish, Slovak and Czech.

Please do not judge me based on my story. I messed up but working hard to fix my life. Thank you again!
As far as Canada is concerned, regardless of how you left the country, you are no longer a "visitor". Your authorised entry ceased when you crossed over. If you reenter outside a Port of Entry, you will be breaking the law and subject to arrest/deportation. As far as I am aware, there is no realistic way to regularize your presence in Canada apart from a refugee claim at that point. Talk to a Canadian immigration lawyer about this. The forum is not really going to be in a position to assist you with breaking Canadian immigration law.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Entering Canada illegally won't achieve anything. You'll be illegal in Canada just like you were in the US with no way to legalize your status. You'll have the same problem you have now - just in a different country. If you want to move to Canada permanently then you'll need to apply for permanent residency through one of Canada's economic immigration programs like Express Entry. You can find detailed information about this program in the link below. Note that you must have legal status in Canada in order to apply for Express Entry from within Canada. So once again, entering Canada illegally will do more harm than help.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/works.html

Tayloroshe7

Oct 11, 2018
Thank you for respond. I know the situation is pretty bad. I am not asking for or advise to break the law. If i return to Canada without being detained, i will still have my stamp in passport, Canadian immigration wouldnt know that I have ever left. So I would be acting like I have never left. My status would be on touristic visa but expired. Not sure if you understand what I mean. I know I am asking though question, but I have no one else to ask.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
The fact you have been paying taxes in the US would ultimately come back to haunt you. Those records are available during a background check and would clearly show you left Canada and lived in the US. Don’t lie to IRCC, they have significant resources at their disposal and will ultimately result in your lie being discovered.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thank you for respond. I know the situation is pretty bad. I am not asking for or advise to break the law. If i return to Canada without being detained, i will still have my stamp in passport, Canadian immigration wouldnt know that I have ever left. So I would be acting like I have never left. My status would be on touristic visa but expired. Not sure if you understand what I mean. I know I am asking though question, but I have no one else to ask.
Two wrongs won't make a right :)

It's incorrect to think IRCC will believe you have never left. Even if one goes by that flawed assumption, how have you supported your stay all these years? By working illegally in Canada (which of course you have not)?

Also, it would seem like you have been living illegally in Canada since the last three years which again puts you at risk of removal/deportation. Plus, you won't be able to apply for any change in your visitor status in-Canada.

You won't be able to return to the US. Hopefully you're not assuming that because you entered the US illegally so you're not on their records. By paying taxes, health insurance, credit score, etc you are on the US records. You can expect to be denied entry if you attempt to return to the US for the next few years. Working illegally in the US has made your case even worse.

Canada and the US share immigration data. You would not want to lie in any visa application/PR in the future.... nor circumvent port of entry admission rules.

Your best option is to return to your home country from the US. Do NOT attempt to enter Canada legally/illegally. You would only create a bigger mess for yourself if you enter Canada.

You can then see if you qualify for immigration through Express Entry

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
We understand what you are saying. Unfortunately you don't quite understand how legal status works in Canada.

Your status would not be tourist in Canada. You would be out of status / in Canada illegally. Your tourist status expired a long time ago. Once your tourist status expires, you're out of status / illegal.

So again, if you re-enter Canada illegally - it will be the same situation you're in now. You'll be in a country illegally with no chance of legalizing your status. The same thing would apply if you had never left Canada - you would still be in Canada illegally / without status.

If your plan is to re-enter Canada illegally, then you might as well stay in the US. You're probably better off there since at least you have a job and paid health care coverage. You won't get paid health care coverage in Canada (even if you have a job).

Tayloroshe7

Oct 11, 2018
I understand i would be out of Status. Expired. I dont think that if I come back I will have my status back. I get it. I didnt explain to the details. If I get married in the US today , I can not adjust my status because I entered without inspection. I have to apply from my home country and before i leave US i have to ask for waiver, like a forgiveness that I crossed the border without inspection, if I dont apply for waiver i am facing 10 years ban, plus for that waiver I have to qualify with good morals and that I would create extreme hardship for my wife etc etc. If i came in legally, no problem. If I would be in Canada lets say, without the status, but I entered legally then maybe If I get married or find a job or anything maybe there would be a pathway, but as it was explained to me, US and Canada are sharing information and that way it would not work even If i get back with my passport and Canada stamp.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
I understand i would be out of Status. Expired. I dont think that if I come back I will have my status back. I get it. I didnt explain to the details. If I get married in the US today , I can not adjust my status because I entered without inspection. I have to apply from my home country and before i leave US i have to ask for waiver, like a forgiveness that I crossed the border without inspection, if I dont apply for waiver i am facing 10 years ban, plus for that waiver I have to qualify with good morals and that I would create extreme hardship for my wife etc etc. If i came in legally, no problem. If I would be in Canada lets say, without the status, but I entered legally then maybe If I get married or find a job or anything maybe there would be a pathway, but as it was explained to me, US and Canada are sharing information and that way it would not work even If i get back with my passport and Canada stamp.
That's the problem. The most basic of IRCC/CBSA’s background checks will show your extended presence in the USA and then it's "Game Over! Thank you for playing...".

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
There's no path to legalize your status through a job in Canada. Drop that thought now.

The only path would be through marriage. But it would have to be genuine and you can expect that IRCC would scrutinize your application extremely closely and heavily due to your past immigration violations. I think approval would be an uphill battle based on your past.

You said you've made mistakes in the past but don't seem to be willing to change your ways. If you continue to violate immigration laws you should expect that you'll continue to live in illegal limbo.

If you sincerely want to change your situation, follow the rules - apply to immigrate through an economic immigration stream. And again, it's impossible to do that while in Canada without status.

Reactions: bellaluna

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My few comments:
1. You did commit a crime in USA - that was entering and staying illegally there. If you will be discovered you can be deported
2. Please stop the pretending part. You were not young and stupid (since you stayed in USA legally for some time, then returned to UK for few years and then wanted to go back to USA but was not able to get visa there, upon which you decided to get in anyway). That just shows that your decision was pretty much calculated (most likely you wanted in to earn some money and then to leave silently) without much of regard if you can legally do it. That I would describe as a "smartness" that eventually backfired on you.
3. Now most likely because of situation getting more tense (more illegals are discovered and deported), you are worried that it might be your case, so you just want the second best option which is Canada (and again you want it so preferably in a shortcut way).

I am sorry, but Canada has no need of such smarty pants like you (get what you want regardless of the cost).

My advice is following:
If you have a spike of conscience, do the right thing:
1. Return to your country (and you can marry if you want to).
2. Deal with consequences of your illegal life in USA (knowing that you might never be able to return there).
3. Get over the hard part and restart your life
4. Then you can also think about EE (of course if you would qualify) in order to get into Canada legally.

Good luck

Tayloroshe7

Oct 11, 2018
Thank you for advise. You should stop pretending you know me and you should stop calling me names like smarty pants. That is just not cool . Maybe I am better human being than you, who knows, crossing border took me 2 hours, dont be judging people based on 2 hours.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you for advise. You should stop pretending you know me and you should stop calling me names like smarty pants. That is just not cool . Maybe I am better human being than you, who knows, crossing border took me 2 hours, dont be judging people based on 2 hours.
Killing a person takes just minutes, therefore we should not judge a murderer based on those few minutes according to your logic.
Of course if such act was planned it took longer and the person who is doing such thing (be it illegal border crossing because he could not do it legally, or somebody who decides to take a life because he could not get whatever he wants from the other person willingly).

That you were planning that is very visible from your story. As you have written at the beginning, you tried to get visa to USA first and when it was not possible, you went to Canada and crossed illegally.

In both cases committing a criminal act may lead to a consequences.
In case of a murderer it could be a prison sentence or an execution and in case of a illegal border crossing it could be deportation from that country or a lifetime ban to enter.
Those are normal consequences,

What is a bit worse in your story that instead of asking if there was a way for you to immigrate to Canada legally, you were simply asking about your so it seems preferable solution (just walk in and do not bother yourself with formalities).

It is only understandable that you would not get much sympathy there (just so you know crossing to Canada illegally is a criminal act as well).

You were plainly told that if you naively thing that in 21 century, countries have no way how to track you down (given that you left traces all over USA), you are severely mistaken.

I am not pretending to be a good person, I am an A-hole who does not really want to help such kind of illegal activity.