+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

cRIMINAL rECORD CHECK rEPLY IN sOUTH kOREA

Paddyd

Dec 10, 2015
beans on toast said:
Hi,
I also need a the 'correct Police Check'! If i get the Power of Attorney form sent to my friend in Korea, what additional info does she need? And then does she receive the 'background certificate' that day? Voila - correct background certificate in hand?

Thanks for any reply

Did you ever find out what additional ifo you need to send? I have my POA and need to know what else to send off to my friend?

jax_amc

May 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2015
Doc's Request.
12-02/2016
AOR Received.
01-10-2015
File Transfer...
02-11-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
27-06-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
DM 29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 07-03-2016
LANDED..........
Waiting
My husband had to get one because he lived there for 4 years. He just went to his embassy in Dallas,Texas and he got it back within 6 weeks.

beans on toast

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2015
AOR Received.
17-04-2015
Med's Done....
Sent With App
LANDED..........
16-08-2016
Paddyd said:
Did you ever find out what additional ifo you need to send? I have my POA and need to know what else to send off to my friend?
Hi,
Here is what I did?
If you are not in Korea you need to send POA to someone to go get it for you. My friend went to an immigration office first to get another document called the ' certificate of entry/departure record' which he then used to get the police certificate.
I sent him:
2 pictures
Copy of my alien card from in Korea
Copy of my passport
2 POA's one for police certificate, one for entry/departure record
Filled application form. Note you need to mark all 3 options in scope of reference section. Pm me and I'll send you this form if you don't have it.

I hope this helps.
Let me know if you need any additional info.

:)

beans on toast

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2015
AOR Received.
17-04-2015
Med's Done....
Sent With App
LANDED..........
16-08-2016
jax_amc said:
My husband had to get one because he lived there for 4 years. He just went to his embassy in Dallas,Texas and he got it back within 6 weeks.
Hi, in Canada the embassy's provide a standard police check , but it is not the one they ask for that includes 'lapsed records'. This certificate can only be gotten from a police station in Korea. not that I'm saying yours is not the right one as I cannot speak for the Korean embassy in Texas. But it could be worth checking. I had 2 previous police checks from the Korean embassy in Ottawa and Toronto showing I had a clean record, but were invalid because it is not the actual document they are after. Just saying.

jax_amc

May 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2015
Doc's Request.
12-02/2016
AOR Received.
01-10-2015
File Transfer...
02-11-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
27-06-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
DM 29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 07-03-2016
LANDED..........
Waiting
This outlines everything you need to do. You don't need to have someone in Korea.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/korea-south.asp

beans on toast

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2015
AOR Received.
17-04-2015
Med's Done....
Sent With App
LANDED..........
16-08-2016
jax_amc said:
This outlines everything you need to do. You don't need to have someone in Korea.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/korea-south.asp
As a non Korean living in Canada, i had to apply for the Criminal check. This is only available from within Korea as the Korean Embassies here do not provide the correct Police Check with Lapsed records check. I have had 2 provided from the embassy previously and have had an application in the past returned because of these not being the correct document. The check has to be picked up from a police station in Korea, and for this you will need a representative. The embassy in Ottawa were helpful in validating my POA so that things worked smoothly in Korea for my representative i might add!

taffytoffy

Nov 17, 2016
beans on toast said:
As a non Korean living in Canada, i had to apply for the Criminal check. This is only available from within Korea as the Korean Embassies here do not provide the correct Police Check with Lapsed records check. I have had 2 provided from the embassy previously and have had an application in the past returned because of these not being the correct document. The check has to be picked up from a police station in Korea, and for this you will need a representative. The embassy in Ottawa were helpful in validating my POA so that things worked smoothly in Korea for my representative i might add!
I second it that you need to have someone in Korea to do this, as the Korean consulate can't issue the correct certificate that CIC requires. This is true in my case and in many others. But visiting Korean consulate is useful because they can validate your documents, so that your friend in Korea will make one LESS trip (can skip going to immigration office).

As someone who successfully got my Korean Police certificate, I strongly suggest you to refer to my blog with a Step-to-step guide on how to correctly get Korea PC. I also put the relevant forms on my blog for you to download.

taffytoffy.wordpress.com/2016/11/17/korea-police-certificate-a-step-by-step-guide-%E9%9F%A9%E5%9B%BD%E6%97%A0%E7%8A%AF%E7%BD%AA%E8%AF%81%E6%98%8E/
(copy and paste the link to browser)

To note, if you live outside Korea, you have to ask your friend in Korea to represent you.

korital

Jul 13, 2015
I also had to get one from South Korea.
I live in Toronto so I went to the consulate here in Toronto, explained to them what I needed and they gave me a letter with power of attorney that appointed my friend living in Korea as my PoA. It said on the letter that it was for a criminal record reply that included lapsed records. She then went to a local police station, showed her own ID and they gave her my criminal record check which she mailed back to me in Canada.

urvisheth85

Aug 22, 2017

RickyRicky02

Jan 3, 2018
Hi to all! This conversation is what i was looking for. Can anybody please provide a link that all the forms needed to be downloaded. This will be greatly appreciated. Especially Certificate of Entry/Departure Record” (출입구사실증명서). Thank you so much

urvisheth85

Aug 22, 2017
a
Hi to all! This conversation is what i was looking for. Can anybody please provide a link that all the forms needed to be downloaded. This will be greatly appreciated. Especially Certificate of Entry/Departure Record” (출입구사실증명서). Thank you so much
Are you in india or korea?

RickyRicky02

Jan 3, 2018
Hi,
Here is what I did?
If you are not in Korea you need to send POA to someone to go get it for you. My friend went to an immigration office first to get another document called the ' certificate of entry/departure record' which he then used to get the police certificate.
I sent him:
2 pictures
Copy of my alien card from in Korea
Copy of my passport
2 POA's one for police certificate, one for entry/departure record
Filled application form. Note you need to mark all 3 options in scope of reference section. Pm me and I'll send you this form if you don't have it.

I hope this helps.
Let me know if you need any additional info.

:)
Did you go to the embassy and have the forms stamped and validated?

RickyRicky02

Jan 3, 2018
Is it really necessary to have the forms validated by the embassy? because for my case the embassy does not want me to use the crim check with lapsed record and unwilling to help. can i just send the forms (application/power of attorney) to a rep in korea without stamp from embassy and have them go to immigration office first to get the "certificate of entry/departure record" then go to the Police station to get the form needed? Thank you so much. This is a really draining process.