+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

cRIMINAL rECORD CHECK rEPLY IN sOUTH kOREA

floomy

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
you meant criminal record check?

if you are in s. korea, you can go to any police station and get it.
if you are in Canada or any other country, you should contact embassy.

bartjones

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/08/2013
Doc's Request.
08/27/2013 and 12/20/13 and 07/24/14
AOR Received.
16/03/2013
File Transfer...
04/04/13
Med's Done....
29/01/2013 redone 13/02/14 and 25/03/14
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
2014/08/27
LANDED..........
09/09/2014
chloeflower2015 said:
Is anyone can help me how toobtain criminal record check Reply from south Korea
Floomy's right. You can get one at any police station in Korea. If you're not in Korea, you can get a family member to do it for you, or get a document from the Korean embassy appointing someone else to get it for you.

May 20, 2015
police certificate or clearance is different from criminal record check reply. Because my husband already secure the police certificate which he got it at Korean embassy last march but that is not what the Canadian embassy asking for. Something that shows a criminal history including lapsed or pending cases. And we are trying to download the consent form which my husband would need it to let someone do it on his behalf. Is this something that you guys experienced or have knowledge about can you please help me.

lauralee15

Star Member
May 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Missassauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-11-2015
AOR Received.
29-4-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
LANDED..........
6-7-2016
Is it better to get the police check prior to leaving Korea or get it from the Korean embassy once in Canada? I know there is probably a time frame from when it would expire and CIC would want a more recent one. Also wondering if the Korean embassy is able to provide one in English?

May 20, 2015
Hi there,
CIC is very particular what they asking for which is the Criminal Record Check Reply. And that is what I'm asking if you ever downloaded the consent form that we can get it at the Korean Police Agency website for someone to seure in behalf of my husband who is presently in the Philippines right now.

bartjones

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/08/2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
16/03/2013
File Transfer...
04/04/13
Med's Done....
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
2014/08/27
LANDED..........
09/09/2014
I had to go through this process from Canada several times with my Korean wife. It is much better to get it while in Korea. Any police station can do it and it takes about ten minutes. The document you want is called a Criminal History Information Record (CHIR). Make sure they search 'lapsed records". Often the police won't do that if you don't specifically ask and CIC will reject it as incomplete.

You can't get a CHIR from your local Korean embassy. They will however provide you with a document similar to a power of attorney which permits you to appoint someone (friend, acquaintance) to do the search for you in Korea. Close family members can also do it for you at a police station in Korea without any special documentation.

floomy

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I downloaded a consent form and my parents brought to police station.
they got it without any problem .

it is not hard to download consent form, if you look up on DAUM , NATE, NAVOR etc. 위임장 in korean.

IF your husband's parents live in Korea , it would be easier to get it than asking a friend or siblings.

floomy

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ur mail box is full couldn't send u message

well. i am not sure if it gives power of attorney right, though.

I printed the form and signed it then scan the file
and email the file to my parents. then one of my parents signed the form .

they did not have any problem to get the record at the police station.

p.s Since it has your husband sin no. on the form( I personally kinda a cautious to give my sin no. to anyone)
if you are not rush to get the record. contact the embassy either Philippine or canada

bartjones

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/08/2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
16/03/2013
File Transfer...
04/04/13
Med's Done....
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
2014/08/27
LANDED..........
09/09/2014
I'm assuming he has someone (friend, non-immediate relative) who can do it for him. If that's correct, he should go to the Korean embassy in the Phillipines and explain what he needs. They will know exactly what to do.

As I said earlier, my wife was in the same boat (here in Canada, no immediate family in Korea). The embassy will give you a form that's a limited power of attorney appointing someone to do the search for you.

floomy

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
your mail box is full so could not send you message.

like bartjones's post, if you contact either embassy (canada or philippine), they will give you a form to request the record.

but if you /your husband still want to do by yourself, then your husband and his friend need to fill out the form to bring a police station in S. Korea.

May 20, 2015
We both tried to ask Korean embassy about this but they told me they don't issue that kind of record, they even said that Canada immigration should not ask for this kind of record because it is illegal.

I really need help to download the consent form.

mary_27

Sep 20, 2015
Hi guys,
Can anybody upload this consent form over here?
I cannot find it in their website.

Thank you

beans on toast

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2015
AOR Received.
17-04-2015
Med's Done....
Sent With App
LANDED..........
16-08-2016
bartjones said:
I had to go through this process from Canada several times with my Korean wife. It is much better to get it while in Korea. Any police station can do it and it takes about ten minutes. The document you want is called a Criminal History Information Record (CHIR). Make sure they search 'lapsed records". Often the police won't do that if you don't specifically ask and CIC will reject it as incomplete.

You can't get a CHIR from your local Korean embassy. They will however provide you with a document similar to a power of attorney which permits you to appoint someone (friend, acquaintance) to do the search for you in Korea. Close family members can also do it for you at a police station in Korea without any special documentation.

Hi,
I also need a the 'correct Police Check'! If i get the Power of Attorney form sent to my friend in Korea, what additional info does she need? And then does she receive the 'background certificate' that day? Voila - correct background certificate in hand?

Thanks for any reply