May 22, 2019
Category........
AINP
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
29-09-2019
Med's Done....
21-10-2019
So my country of origin is Poland, but at the time when my PR was approved I lived in the UK (lived there for 13 years in total). Once my application for PR was approved my family and I moved to Poland awaiting covid restrictions to be lifted so that we would be allowed to travel. We spent 8 months in Poland before moving to Canada in March 2021.
If I already provided my criminal checks from Poland and UK for my PR application, will they require updated ones for my citizenship application? I’m going to apply for citizenship in April but because it is time sensitive I want to prepare all the necessary documents before hand and I ready the examples that are given on Canada.ca website of when you are required to provide criminal checks but I’m still unsure if I need them or not. TIA

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
So my country of origin is Poland, but at the time when my PR was approved I lived in the UK (lived there for 13 years in total). Once my application for PR was approved my family and I moved to Poland awaiting covid restrictions to be lifted so that we would be allowed to travel. We spent 8 months in Poland before moving to Canada in March 2021.
If I already provided my criminal checks from Poland and UK for my PR application, will they require updated ones for my citizenship application? I’m going to apply for citizenship in April but because it is time sensitive I want to prepare all the necessary documents before hand and I ready the examples that are given on Canada.ca website of when you are required to provide criminal checks but I’m still unsure if I need them or not. TIA
I am a bit confused about country of origin in your case. Wouldn't it be UK instead of Poland?

And if it's UK then you need not provide PCC as you can indicate that you did provide it for your PR. After you got your PR you need to provide PCC for Poland as things differ once you get PR.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
You must provide PCC for 4 years immediately before signing your application, provided you live over 183days. In your situation yes you need PCC from both countries

garbaczpaula

Star Member
May 22, 2019
Category........
AINP
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
29-09-2019
Med's Done....
21-10-2019
so im polish but lived in the UK when I got my PR. It says that you do not need to provide pcc if you are travelling to Canada from your country of origin - would this be Poland if I’m polish? And then any other country from past 4 years that I down 6 months in - that would’ not be the case in the last four years. So I assume I don’t need to provide any but it is super confusing.