+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Criminal charge is dropped.

sngmng

Jul 8, 2018
GTA
Hi how did your landing go?
hi my experience is different from Wonderland_1010. during my landing, CBSA officer told me to answer the two questions on COPR. i was not sure if i should answer yes to the first question (ever charged/convicted..) so i showed the officer my RCMP paper (showing withdrawn charge), told him that i have submitted this to CIC during my EE application and asked him if i should sign yes or no. he told me to hold on for a sec, checked his computer, told me that CIC has this record indeed and i do not have to worry too much about it as it is on my profile. however he said i should write "yes, withdrawn (year)"

whole process took about 15-20 min only. CBSA officer was very helpful and nice.

sngmng

Jul 8, 2018
GTA
Hi guys. I got my PR landing approved today. Weird thing though I asked whether I should answer yes to whether you been charged or convicted question and the CBSA officer said no need because as long the charges are withdrawn then I should answer no. So the officer wrote No and had me initial it.

Not sure how that will affect me for my future Canadian immigration.
congratulations on your landing!
CBSA officer who did my landing told me to write yes, withdrawn (year) on my COPR paper though.

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
congratulations on your landing!
CBSA officer who did my landing told me to write yes, withdrawn (year) on my COPR paper though.
Well for me there was no record because I was not arrested and police never took my picture and fingerprints. That's why nothing shows up in the system. I found out about the charge when I did my first landing and there was a warrant out for me. After that I got the warrant and charges dropped without attending any court.

I already informed CIC but no response and CBSA already knew about the charge because of my first attempt at landing so they told me to come back with time and date mentioned. But I asked them if the answer should be yes and they said it should be no because there is no record when they checked in the system.

But anyways I'll see if I ever got my PR card.

Bhee

Sep 6, 2018
Hi just wanna ask i have a situstion last year where in im involve in theft which is i agree to the guard that i will do the divertion bec i have no idea what is that he just called the police via phone and give my information and he told me to wait for a called for my divertion sched but its already a year ago now i didnt receive anything and i will apply for citizenship and im afraid it will show toy police report and they will arrest me which is the guard force me to say yes which is not my intention please advice any help will be appreciated thank you guys