Credit card payment declined - PEQ

jckailun

Star Member
Mar 25, 2018
Montreal, QC; Hong Kong
Category........
QSW
Hello all.

Yesterday I have received all my PEQ application documents returned because my credit card payment had been declined for unknown reasons last week. So right away I have re-sent them back to MIFI with a newly filled and signed credit card payment form. Has anyone here had the same experience? I wonder whether I will have to wait from the beginning again, or whether they will put my files in priority.

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Hello all.

Yesterday I have received all my PEQ application documents returned because my credit card payment had been declined for unknown reasons last week. So right away I have re-sent them back to MIFI with a newly filled and signed credit card payment form. Has anyone here had the same experience? I wonder whether I will have to wait from the beginning again, or whether they will put my files in priority.

Sorry to hear that.

It happened to a friend. It doesn't get any priority.
Did you check if a new form had come up once you returned the file?

Currently as you are well aware, it's taking 6 months without an interview and more if you get an interview, the probability of which depends on your nationality.

All the best.

jckailun

Star Member
Mar 25, 2018
Montreal, QC; Hong Kong
Category........
QSW
Sorry to hear that.

It happened to a friend. It doesn't get any priority.
Did you check if a new form had come up once you returned the file?

Currently as you are well aware, it's taking 6 months without an interview and more if you get an interview, the probability of which depends on your nationality.

All the best.
Thanks for the reply! But by "a new form" what do you refer to?

So what you mean is I will have to wait for another 6-month period? What a disgrace.

What do you know about the interviews?

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Thanks for the reply! But by "a new form" what do you refer to?

So what you mean is I will have to wait for another 6-month period? What a disgrace.

What do you know about the interviews?
Mifi keeps on updating forms from time to time, so be careful as sometimes they send back if it's not latest.

That's what my friend said. He's in his fourth month after file resend and he recently gave values test. Assumption is that it may take another 1-2 months if there's no interview. As he's from a target nationality chances of interview are high. He's C1, B2 Tefaq but still you know how they humiliate.

Interviews they say are random but my Gf who's in Quebec tell me that only particular nationalities are getting it even after scoring B2. Imagine an interview after IELTS band 7.0. Won't that be extremely foolish

ianrachkov

Star Member
Jun 14, 2020
Hello all.

I know someone that got her credit card declined 2 times because of the credit limit (she had only 300 lol). When did you apply btw?

jckailun

Star Member
Mar 25, 2018
Montreal, QC; Hong Kong
Category........
QSW
Mifi keeps on updating forms from time to time, so be careful as sometimes they send back if it's not latest.

That's what my friend said. He's in his fourth month after file resend and he recently gave values test. Assumption is that it may take another 1-2 months if there's no interview. As he's from a target nationality chances of interview are high. He's C1, B2 Tefaq but still you know how they humiliate.

Interviews they say are random but my Gf who's in Quebec tell me that only particular nationalities are getting it even after scoring B2. Imagine an interview after IELTS band 7.0. Won't that be extremely foolish
Thanks for the reminder about the form. I have actually mandated a lawyer, so he has done it beautifully.

So that basically confirms that I will line up again lol. Which is fine, pas grave. MIFI is a living joke.

By particular nationalities, you mean that only people from certain countries are being targeted by MIFI? Are there any examples?

jckailun

Star Member
Mar 25, 2018
Montreal, QC; Hong Kong
Category........
QSW
I know someone that got her credit card declined 2 times because of the credit limit (she had only 300 lol). When did you apply btw?
Bummer. What a pity. I feel sorry to hear that. She should have paid using a money order or a cheque.

I first submitted on 11 May 2020, received by MIFI on 12 May 2020. And the second submission was 23 July.

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Thanks for the reminder about the form. I have actually mandated a lawyer, so he has done it beautifully.

So that basically confirms that I will line up again lol. Which is fine, pas grave. MIFI is a living joke.

By particular nationalities, you mean that only people from certain countries are being targeted by MIFI? Are there any examples?
Good, a lawyer knows better.

Surely it's a joke which is quite sinister one at it.

Yep, certain countries, even though the applicants submitted Tefaq/TCF scores of B2 or higher. This time Mifi is completely exposed in it's agenda of targeting applicants from - China, Korea, Japan, India, Iran, Vietnam, Taiwan etc. (Asians (a large majority) from South and South East particularly). My gf scored C1 in both TCF and she's filing express entry besides peq-csq as she fears a targeted elimination from Quebec immigration system.

jckailun

Star Member
Mar 25, 2018
Montreal, QC; Hong Kong
Category........
QSW
Good, a lawyer knows better.

Surely it's a joke which is quite sinister one at it.

Yep, certain countries, even though the applicants submitted Tefaq/TCF scores of B2 or higher. This time Mifi is completely exposed in it's agenda of targeting applicants from - China, Korea, Japan, India, Iran, Vietnam, Taiwan etc. (Asians (a large majority) from South and South East particularly). My gf scored C1 in both TCF and she's filing express entry besides peq-csq as she fears a targeted elimination from Quebec immigration system.
That is really disgraceful! Thanks for telling me these terrible facts. I will be moving out from QC if my application goes bad. I don't feel like Quebec deserves a lot of us.

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
That is really disgraceful! Thanks for telling me these terrible facts. I will be moving out from QC if my application goes bad. I don't feel like Quebec deserves a lot of us.
Yes, better have Plan B as you can't rely on Mifi which is only an instrument in hands of current government. Most of my friends who had certification class B2 and then tefaq/TCF B2 or higher have moved out of Quebec. Those who are here are stuck because of economic downturn during covid-19. Government here has dealt a dangerous blow to students/workers, the most vulnerable during these tough times. You have to understand it isn't about french proficiency alone.

jckailun

Star Member
Mar 25, 2018
Montreal, QC; Hong Kong
Category........
QSW
Yes, better have Plan B as you can't rely on Mifi which is only an instrument in hands of current government. Most of my friends who had certification class B2 and then tefaq/TCF B2 or higher have moved out of Quebec. Those who are here are stuck because of economic downturn during covid-19. Government here has dealt a dangerous blow to students/workers, the most vulnerable during these tough times. You have to understand it isn't about french proficiency alone.
Exactly. That's it. My mental health is being destroyed bit by bit every day because of the ridiculous way how the QC gov't handled immigration, especially when PEQ was supposed to be the flagship programme they operate. Don't know about you, but I am losing favour in staying and settling for good in QC.

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Exactly. That's it. My mental health is being destroyed bit by bit every day because of the ridiculous way how the QC gov't handled immigration, especially when PEQ was supposed to be the flagship programme they operate. Don't know about you, but I am losing favour in staying and settling for good in QC.
I understand the constant torment. I left Quebec last year but my Gf is still stuck there. She's been unable to find a similar job outside and covid-19 has worsened it further.
Hope things turn out well for you.
All the best.

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
For my case, Im waiting the get the federal PR and I will go to Ontario. Its too unstable being here.
So, if you get PR in Quebec won't there be any issues in citizenship as you signed to remain there. I know there's charter of mobility.
My Gf is applying for csq and cec in parallel. She intends to be back in Quebec as pr through cec. I find it little confusing but a consultant has assured her that it's perfectly allright. We should have never opted for Quebec. One wrong choice, prolonged suffering.

Reactions: ianrachkov

ianrachkov

Star Member
Jun 14, 2020
So, if you get PR in Quebec won't there be any issues in citizenship as you signed to remain there. I know there's charter of mobility.
My Gf is applying for csq and cec in parallel. She intends to be back in Quebec as pr through cec. I find it little confusing but a consultant has assured her that it's perfectly allright. We should have never opted for Quebec. One wrong choice, prolonged suffering.
I will apply for federal PR after I get PEQ. Once I get the complete PR (in 2 years), I leave this place. We are eternal cash cows for the provincial government here.