+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Credit Card Information to Consultant

crips

Jan 31, 2017
Hi All

I am from India and I have employed a Immigration consultancy to help with my Immigration case. He helped me with ECA evaluation, EE profile submission etc and I don't have any access to my EE profile. I have got ITA recently. Now it is time to pay for Application fees. Now he is asking for my credit card information to make the payment on behalf of me and he says most of his customers give credit card info to him. He is not allowing me to make the payment myself as it is not his organisation's policy. I am afraid to give it to him since credit card may be misused. Kindly advise if I should give the credit card info to him or if there is any other mode of payment other than credit cards. How should I tackle this situation ?

ramu_rokey

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPEC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-07-2016
Doc's Request.
01-24-2017
Nomination.....
16-11-2016
AOR Received.
01-12-2016
Med's Done....
24-01-2017
Passport Req..
22-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-02-2017
LANDED..........
25-03-2017
crips said:
Hi All

I am from India and I have employed a Immigration consultancy to help with my Immigration case. He helped me with ECA evaluation, EE profile submission etc and I don't have any access to my EE profile. I have got ITA recently. Now it is time to pay for Application fees. Now he is asking for my credit card information to make the payment on behalf of me and he says most of his customers give credit card info to him. He is not allowing me to make the payment myself as it is not his organisation's policy. I am afraid to give it to him since credit card may be misused. Kindly advise if I should give the credit card info to him or if there is any other mode of payment other than credit cards. How should I tackle this situation ?
ask him if you can give cash and he can make the payment trough his card.give him the card details and later in after a day or two cancel your current card and order for a new card.the only mode of payment is through credit card.

thinkshady

Jun 26, 2016
NOC Code......
crips said:
Hi All

Mate if you are tech smart enough, all you have to do is follow this forum and everything can done on your own. Paying an Immigration consultancy is never required unless your situation is way to complex to handle or you are filthy money ;)

mukulabd

Oct 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
crips said:
He helped me with ECA evaluation, EE profile submission etc and I don't have any access to my EE profile.
What do you mean you dont have access to your EE profile? They are supposed to give you access (login details), so that you can verify that all information in your profile is correct. They might accidentally feed in wrong information (eg. dates, spelling mistakes, etc), which you might regret later.

crips

Jan 31, 2017
They checked with me all the info that I gave was correct before submitting my application. It is not as per their policy to share login credentials with their clients. Even in the eAPR forms, I had to struggle to get my personal email ID included to get updates on my profile. I am stuck with them for another whole year till my EE profile lapses from the pool. I am not very confident that this ITA would turn positive given my employer reference letters are weak with lesser info than required. I really don't know if I have any choice other than giving credit card info to them

mira.r

Star Member
Jan 12, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
crips said:
They checked with me all the info that I gave was correct before submitting my application. It is not as per their policy to share login credentials with their clients. Even in the eAPR forms, I had to struggle to get my personal email ID included to get updates on my profile. I am stuck with them for another whole year till my EE profile lapses from the pool. I am not very confident that this ITA would turn positive given my employer reference letters are weak with lesser info than required. I really don't know if I have any choice other than giving credit card info to them
From what I have heard, a consultant usually provides you with login credentials to access your profile. Withholding this information for your own EE profile sounds very fishy to me. It would be better if you talk to them to get your login credentials. This way, you can login and pay for your application without providing anyone with the info.

mukulabd

Oct 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
crips said:
I think I know why they are not giving you login details. It is so that you cannot discontinue their service and take it from there yourself. I am not saying giving credit card info to them sounds fishy. Just that it is good to verify all the profile info before submission.

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
crips said:
there is no risk in paying through him. Just sit with him and after payment he will give you your card back. It's a matter of 5 mins. Moreover he cannot misuse for any Indian payment or shopping as you get OTP. So it cannot be misused.

garyastudent

Sep 3, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have seen IRCC (Registered Consultants) here in Brampton who would refuse to share the details with you and I literally fought with them to get the details.

Also, there are consultants who would not do anything illegal with your card to save their own reputation, I remember giving the card details to the Consultant (Who was the owner and the Registered IRCC Consultant), its been over a year and nothing happened, only the money i was supposed to pay to IRCC was deducted.

Just go ahead and pay for it, and if you think that your consultant can cheat on you by misusing the CC Details just cancel the card after 2-3 days once the payment has gone through and get a new card.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Many agents take payments in installments with the final payment at the time of COPR. This gives the candidate the confidence that the agency is good and they are not money minded to ask for all the money upfront. Candidates fall for this and the agents keep the login details and control the application in the candidates name. The candidate is helpless and has to chase after the agent everytime.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
crips said:
Why don't you try to get another letter from your employer or supervisor? If the letter is not appropriate, I believe consultants cannot help you in any ways.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Tell your agent that you don't use cards or your credit limit is really very very low and don't have details to give. Offer to pay by cheque or cash.

crips

Jan 31, 2017
After bracing myself to give my credit card info to my consultant, he says payment link has to be sent by Canada High commission and it is valid only for two hours. If payment is not made in that time, it takes 3-4 days for Canada High Commission to generate the link to payment again. Since I have no idea on how the web pages flow leading to payment after the entry of personal info, employer reference letters, wes evaluation report in e-APR application, I am getting a general sense of disbelief on their working. Guys help me out here