+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Credential Assessment..is it really worth for a JOB?

mr_rana

Dec 28, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
NVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Sent with App. (Excluding PCC)
AOR Received.
1st:-04.2010, 2nd:- 04.2011
IELTS Request
Sent with App.
File Transfer...
06.2011 (RBVO), 04.2012 (In Process)
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made 24.01.2013
LANDED..........
I went thr'u many posts concerning Credential Assessment/Evaluation when it comes to JOB and there are conflicting reviews

The finding says that it's important only for Higher Studies but in case of Employment, it's hardly even seen, just a waste of money.

I'm a Mechanical Engineer and plan to move to Canada (AB) in next few months and before I make a move, I wish to use this time for Credential Assessment ONLY if it has any worth and pactically helps to secure employment.

Experienced persons, please come forward! :)

Karwa Sach

Star Member
Aug 1, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mr_rana said:
I went thr'u many posts concerning Credential Assessment/Evaluation when it comes to JOB and there are conflicting reviews

The finding says that it's important only for Higher Studies but in case of Employment, it's hardly even seen, just a waste of money.

I'm a Mechanical Engineer and plan to move to Canada (AB) in next few months and before I make a move, I wish to use this time for Credential Assessment ONLY if it has any worth and pactically helps to secure employment.

Experienced persons, please come forward! :)
mechanical engineering profession is regulated in Canada. It is illegal to practice as an engineer or to use the title "engineer" without being licensed as a professional engineer with a provincial or territorial association. the Engineering International-Education Assessment Program assesses the educational qualifications of individuals who were educated and trained outside of Canada by comparing their education to a Canadian engineering education.
the assessment provides applicants with valuable information on how their foreign education compares to a Canadian engineering education. This is important as the definition of engineering varies from one country to the next. Work and training that is called Engineering with the job title Engineer in some countries may fall into a different job category in Canada. :)
being as an engineer I found http://www.engineerscanada.ca/e/ very helpful. ;)
need more info ,contact them by email evaluation @ engineerscanada.ca