+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Created new profile and received the email from Ontario in 2 days

butters1690

Star Member
Aug 21, 2015
Don't think everyone with 400+ gets it automatically, there's a bunch in the forum within that range score that did not receive a PT
Fingers crossed!

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
butters1690 said:
Don't think everyone with 400+ gets it automatically, there's a bunch in the forum within that range score that did not receive a PT
Fingers crossed!
As far as I understand, it is an automatic process, where active Express Entry profiles with CRS scores 400+ are sent PT NOI from Ontario. As long as your NOC falls under 0/A/B it does not matter, you stand a chance to get an invite. NOC is verified manually only once you have sent your application package to MCIIT (OINP).

As per the trend that we have seen, you should get an invite within a week or two. In case you don't, I would suggest you to create a new EE profile. This worked for many applicants, they got Ontario PT Notification of Interest for Nomination within a week of creating a new EE profile. In fact, OINP also suggests candidates to do so as per their update dated November 24, 2015 (given below).

"It has come to our attention that technical issues may have resulted in candidates not receiving Notification of Interest (NOI) though they believe they meet the criteria for Ontario’s Express Entry streams. If you believe you fall into this category and have not received an NOI within one month of submitting your EE profile, we encourage you to create a new profile in the EE system. If you create a new EE profile, you must delete your old profile." You can find the full update here. http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPNEW.html

The above statement explicitly states "....they believe they meet the criteria for Ontario’s Express Entry streams...". As per the Application Guide, OINP searches the Express Entry pool and identifies potential candidates who:
1. Have a minimum score of 400 on the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) in CIC’s Express Entry system, and
2. Meet the criteria of Ontario’s Human Capital Priorities Stream (see Section 2 of Application Guide for more information).

Anyway, that is the way I interpret it.You have the right to your opinion. :)

All the best!

averma

Aug 9, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2016
Doc's Request.
10-11-2016
Nomination.....
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
23-08-2016
butters1690 said:
Fingers crossed!
Agree with Stanlee.. Why because I received OINP in September 2015 but that time I did not show any experience in the recent 5 years and hence did not meet the eligibility criteria of HCPS. I also emailed Ontario and they replied it is possible that system can send incorrect invites and candidate has to make sure that eligibility criteria is met. Therefore, I think everyone with CRS above 400 can receive the ITA but I have a major feeling that some NOC have more weightage compared to others and heavy weighted NOCs receive the invite very early. This is my feeling.

chat2ash

May 6, 2015
Hello,

Do we need to have at least a Bachelors Degree to get invited for this stream ?
In my case , I finished High School and did a 2 year diploma in Canada.
Do you I still stand a chance to get an invitation ?

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
chat2ash said:
Hello,

Do we need to have at least a Bachelors Degree to get invited for this stream ?
In my case , I finished High School and did a 2 year diploma in Canada.
Do you I still stand a chance to get an invitation ?
Having a Bachelors is not mandatory to get an invite, the invite largely depends on your score. To get PT NOI from Ontario your CRS score should be 400+. The issue is that, without Bachelors or a Masters your CRS gets reduced drastically. For example, the weightage given to education is 140 (with spouse) and 150 (without spouse). If the primary applicant has a Bachelors, then the scores would be 112 (with spouse) and 120 (without spouse) and it goes even down more, in case there is no Bachelors. From what you have mentioned, you will get 91 (with spouse) and 98 (without spouse) for education. Check this link to know the criteria for calculating CRS scores http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp#a1.

You can check your CRS score using this calculator https://www.canadavisa.com/comprehensive-ranking-score-calculator.html

You can improve your scores in the following ways.
1. Improve your IELTS score (L/R/W/S - 8/7/7/7)
2. If you are married and your spouse has Bachelors, make your spouse the primary applicant
3. If your spouse is going to be the primary applicant, you can claim points for your Canadian education and also for your IELTS
3. Secure a provincial nomination

talkto_vinay

Star Member
Jul 16, 2015
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2016
AOR Received.
08-04-2016
Passport Req..
05-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2016
LANDED..........
21-12-2016
It seems that not everyone with 400+ getting Ontario PT.
I created my profile ( first time) on 28th with 458 points & still waiting....However, in the middle I updated I profile a couple of times & I think that this might be the reason that I miss last weeks notification as any modifications takes time to get reflected & its my assumption that during that time, my profile was in updation phase (not fully active)

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
talkto_vinay said:
It seems that not everyone with 400+ getting Ontario PT.
I created my profile ( first time) on 28th with 458 points & still waiting....However, in the middle I updated I profile a couple of times & I think that this might be the reason that I miss last weeks notification as any modifications takes time to get reflected & its my assumption that during that time, my profile was in updation phase (not fully active)
458 is a really good score to get a direct invite (ITA). As per the last draw the cutoff CRS score for ITA was 457. You can find the update here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/mi/index.asp?expand=mi-pr-express#mi-pr-express. Wait for a couple of draws in Feb, otherwise, you may also land a PT NOI from Ontario in the interim.

All the best! :)

chat2ash

May 6, 2015
Thank You Stanlee. I am currently at 396. In 3 months I will complete 2 years of Canadian Work experience and that should improve my points.
Also I have IELTS band 8. There is a slight room for improvement and hope to get to 8.5 to improve my scores further.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
chat2ash said:
Thank You Stanlee. I am currently at 396. In 3 months I will complete 2 years of Canadian Work experience and that should improve my points.
Also I have IELTS band 8. There is a slight room for improvement and hope to get to 8.5 to improve my scores further.
Great! All the best! :)