Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
vaibhavxv said:
Hi,
I'm wondering if all the applicants here have applied for Inland Spousal PR and not Outland as the Visa Office is Ottawa? My wife is currently in Canada on a closed wp and I'm a PR holder. I'm planning to apply for her PR and evaluating Inland Vs Outland options. I can see processing time on CIC website as 26 months for inland, while for Outland (New Delhi visa office for us), it is approx 13-14 months, which is almost half.
I can see most of the applicants on this thread have got PR in around 6-8 months which is incredible. Could anyone please enlighten me if the application was done Outland and still visa office is Ottawa instead of the home country of candidate? What is the criteria for that? Is it done on random basis?

Thanks in advance
Vaibhav
People who are on this thread have applied outland. the ottawa visa office processes outland applications from the US and some overflow from the UK. this thread is not representative of inland applications. you will need to find an inland thread for that info.

it's usually best to apply outland, and your wife can be IN canada while applying outland. i would suggest finding the new dehli thread and confiming how long it takes for outland. while the processing times on line for inland are accurate, the times posted for outland are not. for the most part, outland applications take a lot less time than what is posted. the processing times posted are NOT averages. The times posted basically mean that 80% of applications where processed within that time. meaning a majority of those applications were processed in less time than what is posted. i think New Dehli is somewhere between 8-12 months. the thread will confirm it.

vaibhavxv

Mar 26, 2014
CDNPR2014 said:
People who are on this thread have applied outland. the ottawa visa office processes outland applications from the US and some overflow from the UK. this thread is not representative of inland applications. you will need to find an inland thread for that info.

it's usually best to apply outland, and your wife can be IN canada while applying outland. i would suggest finding the new dehli thread and confiming how long it takes for outland. while the processing times on line for inland are accurate, the times posted for outland are not. for the most part, outland applications take a lot less time than what is posted. the processing times posted are NOT averages. The times posted basically mean that 80% of applications where processed within that time. meaning a majority of those applications were processed in less time than what is posted. i think New Dehli is somewhere between 8-12 months. the thread will confirm it.
Thanks. +1 for you. I guess I could see mostly are from Europe and USA. So it's not what I thought initially - that applicants applying Outland and who are in Canada get Ottawa Visa Office.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
vaibhavxv said:
Thanks. +1 for you. I guess I could see mostly are from Europe and USA. So it's not what I thought initially - that applicants applying Outland and who are in Canada get Ottawa Visa Office.
no, where the person is physically has no bearing on where an outland application is processe. though there may be a handful of people who are in canada (ie: people here with valid temporary residency )and their app is sent to ottawa - this is not the norm. an outland application is processed based on the applicants country of citizenship or residency. an outland applicant can be in or out of canada while it's processing.

i'm going to recommend applying outland. applying through new dehli is still going to be quicker than inland. again, check the new dehli thread for what current applicants are facing.

canadausa#11

Jan 5, 2016
If this forum is anything to go by, a tiny sample size none the less, I'd say theres a decent chance that if you're in Canada with valid status when you apply that it goes to Ottawa.

Illiasnie

Star Member
Oct 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 24, 2015
AOR Received.
August 26, 2015
File Transfer...
September 18, 2015
Med's Request
Up front
Med's Done....
July 6, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 17, 2016
LANDED..........
Planning for May 14
My husband's COPR arrived in the mail yesterday. Just one day short of two days from DM. Date issued on the COPR is March 17, the same day Decision Made showed up on ECAS.

vaibhavxv

Mar 26, 2014
CDNPR2014 said:
no, where the person is physically has no bearing on where an outland application is processe. though there may be a handful of people who are in canada (ie: people here with valid temporary residency )and their app is sent to ottawa - this is not the norm. an outland application is processed based on the applicants country of citizenship or residency. an outland applicant can be in or out of canada while it's processing.

i'm going to recommend applying outland. applying through new dehli is still going to be quicker than inland. again, check the new dehli thread for what current applicants are facing.
Thanks. I'm gonna apply outland for my wife and I hope our application comes under that handful category of people whose applications got processed through ottawa!!

stephcy

Star Member
Dec 15, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
AOR Received.
22-10-2015
File Transfer...
04-11-2015
Med's Done....
21-07-2015
Passport Req..
DECISION MADE 07.03.2016 - no passport request
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR 14.03.2016
LANDED..........
19-03-2016
'
vaibhavxv said:
Thanks. I'm gonna apply outland for my wife and I hope our application comes under that handful category of people whose applications got processed through ottawa!!

Hi Vaibhavxv :) I suggest to that you apply outland. It's way faster. I got process at Ottawa and got my COPR & landed in 6 months! I'm from Europe and my visa office was suppose to be ROME, but as I was living here as a visitor, my application was send to Ottawa. There are chances as your wife is in Canada that her application will be processed here, as her home address is in Canada.

Good luck :)

kiwi01

Star Member
Aug 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/11/2015
Med's Done....
30/09/2015
For those who got PPR (in my case, just a photocopy) for the Ottawa office, do they send the COPR back in the Canada Post xpress envelope that you have to provide? Or does it come in the usual CIC brown envelope?

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
kiwi01 said:
For those who got PPR (in my case, just a photocopy) for the Ottawa office, do they send the COPR back in the Canada Post xpress envelope that you have to provide? Or does it come in the usual CIC brown envelope?
if it's only photocopies and not your actual passport, then i'm a bit confused why a canada post express envelop was provided? usually they accept the copies scanned and emailed. were there specific instructions to mail the copies?

the COPR will come in a brown envelop in regular mail (assuming you didn't mail them your passport).

LHaywood1

Apr 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-11-2015
Doc's Request.
17-03-2016
AOR Received.
23-01-2016
File Transfer...
03-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2016
Anybody else still waiting from November?

Timeline

Application Sent: November 23rd
Application Received: November 24th
SA: January 28th
In Process: February 3rd

March 17th - I had a request to pay PRRF and send them a completed common law declaration. Payed RPRF on 17th and send declaration via email on 23rd, not heard anything back since.

bradybunchmom

Star Member
Aug 25, 2015
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2015
AOR Received.
24-12-2015
File Transfer...
13-01-2016
Med's Done....
16-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-04-2016
LHaywood1 said:

Timeline

March 17th - I had a request to pay PRRF and send them a completed common law declaration. Payed RPRF on 17th and send declaration via email on 23rd, not heard anything back since.
Yep I am still waiting. Just requested the notes today to see what may be holding it up.

kawafam0919

Star Member
Jul 7, 2015
japan
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-Nov-2015
AOR Received.
30-Dec-2015
File Transfer...
15-Jan-2016
Med's Done....
03-Oct-2015
LHaywood1 said:

Timeline

Still waiting! My timeline is

Application Recieved: November 6th
SA: January 15th

They have recieved my partner's medical notes and we haven't heard from CIC about anything since SA.

I ordered notes yesterday. Not going to lie, getting a little antsy!

LHaywood1

Apr 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-11-2015
Doc's Request.
17-03-2016
AOR Received.
23-01-2016
File Transfer...
03-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2016
I requested my notes on Thursday. Hoping to have decision made by the time they actually arrive.

koolsid4u

Star Member
Oct 16, 2014
Hi

I have added my child to PR application
My kid medical was done two weeks back (April 1st week) and sent eMedical on same day of medicals (By the doctor).

Medicals for my spouse and me were done Aug last year.

How long it will take for next steps?

CPC-Ottawa

Sid

tina19

Star Member
Jun 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-16
AOR Received.
O2-04-16
File Transfer...
14-04-16
Med's Done....
17-12-15
Passport Req..
10-06-16
VISA ISSUED...
09-07-16
Hi there. They received my application on March 9, I got AOR1 on April 2 and today I got SA. In the email it said it was sent to Ottawa. I was wondering what the average timeline is. I thought our application was going to London but it went to Ottawa instead. Is there a 2016 spreadsheet?