upfront
Passport Req..
DM: 15/2/2016
VISA ISSUED...
COPR: 23/2/2016
LANDED..........
14-03-2016
CharisseyB said:
CONGRATS!!!I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!:) I just hate the last part of waiting...waiting...and more waiting!!!hahahaha
Thank you!! I was thrilled when you got yours, too, I mean, we were both so late and it was so scary!

Now I'm like you, waiting for the COPR. I feel like it won't be real unless I have the COPR in my hands to really know that my decision was a good one. I'm paranoid about not being asked for new photos!

rugrat907

Feb 3, 2015
California
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2015
AOR Received.
25-04-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-11-2014, remeds on 04-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
COPR issued 21-12-2015
CharisseyB said:
Total 10 business days or calendar days?:) I am worrying now, because my husband is from california too and he still hasn’t received his copr...ugh. I hate this feeling of anticipation!
It was calendar, but as with all things CIC and two postal services, just because mine took 10 doesn't mean that everyone's will. At one point it seemed like they were going out in batches maybe a couple of times a week, so I could have just hit the right timing of a batch going out...

carr1

Sep 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2015
Doc's Request.
16-02-16 FBI check
AOR Received.
16-09-2015
File Transfer...
27-10-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
29-05-2015
Passport Req..
2-4-16 DM
VISA ISSUED...
8-4-16 COPR Arrived
LANDED..........
10-4-16 Landed
I just received an email from CPC Ottawa asking for my FBI certificate. I mailed this in after I received AOR to Mississauga. I sent it by UPS but kept a copy, should I be worried they lost the original? I know they received the package as it also had my new passport copy with my married name on it as CIC has updated my name on ECAS a few weeks ago.
The thought of reapplying with the FBI for a new record makes me sick as it took months to get the first record.
Anyone else have this happen?

krishnalynn

May 15, 2015
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2015
AOR Received.
23-12-2015
File Transfer...
08-01-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
16-10-2015
Passport Req..
DM: 15-04-2016
carr1 said:
I just received an email from CPC Ottawa asking for my FBI certificate. I mailed this in after I received AOR to Mississauga. I sent it by UPS but kept a copy, should I be worried they lost the original? I know they received the package as it also had my new passport copy with my married name on it as CIC has updated my name on ECAS a few weeks ago.
The thought of reapplying with the FBI for a new record makes me sick as it took months to get the first record.
Anyone else have this happen?
What did the email say? was it the generic batch email?

carr1

Sep 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2015
Doc's Request.
16-02-16 FBI check
AOR Received.
16-09-2015
File Transfer...
27-10-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
29-05-2015
Passport Req..
2-4-16 DM
VISA ISSUED...
8-4-16 COPR Arrived
LANDED..........
10-4-16 Landed
krishnalynn said:
What did the email say? was it the generic batch email?
Not sure it was a batch email, how would I know? I did email them back saying I mailed it in. I added a copy in my email and the UPS tracking info where the package was signed for.

here is part of their email to me:

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:

Ø My UCI# and name

Ø > Police Certificate: From each country/state where the residence period has been six months or longer since the age of 18, provide an original police clearance certificate. Please provide an FBI police certificate.

I have only ever lived in the U.S. and have been in Canada for 16 months. Should I send fingerprints in again to the FBI? :'(

JO1986

Star Member
Jun 3, 2015
carr1 said:
Not sure it was a batch email, how would I know? I did email them back saying I mailed it in. I added a copy in my email and the UPS tracking info where the package was signed for.

here is part of their email to me:

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:

Ø My UCI# and name

Ø > Police Certificate: From each country/state where the residence period has been six months or longer since the age of 18, provide an original police clearance certificate. Please provide an FBI police certificate.

I have only ever lived in the U.S. and have been in Canada for 16 months. Should I send fingerprints in again to the FBI? :'(
Did you send the Canadian PCC too?

skrob

Feb 16, 2016
I have 2 questions: (1) is ECAS updated just on tuesdays or everyday? and (2) Is it correct/safe to assume 5 to 7 months is the average processing time for outland U.S. citizen spouse?

I've read through the forums and that appears to be the range. We received a letter that my spouse was approved as a sponsor and my application had been sent to CPC-Ottawa on 28SEP2015 but haven't heard anything since. My ecas has the first 3 things (1) We received [the] application for permanent residence on July 30, 2015; (2) We started processing [the] application on September 28, 2015; and (3) Medical results have been received. My spouses sponsorship application started processing on 28AUG2015

Should I check ecas daily or just on tuesdays? thanks so much for any info and advice!

p.s. I'm starting to get antsy as presently I live in Canada on a study permit but I'm finishing up my phd this spring and a little worried about a gap between when I finish and whether or not I'll have to move back to the US and then land again. (we did the outland processing option rather than inland).

carr1

Sep 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2015
Doc's Request.
16-02-16 FBI check
AOR Received.
16-09-2015
File Transfer...
27-10-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
29-05-2015
Passport Req..
2-4-16 DM
VISA ISSUED...
8-4-16 COPR Arrived
LANDED..........
10-4-16 Landed
JO1986 said:
Did you send the Canadian PCC too?
I was told I only needed to send the FBI check that Canada will do their check if needed?
I called CIC today and was told when they received my FBI letter Mississauga marked it as a state police check and not an FBI one, she told me to email Ottawa which I have already. I guess I wait and see some more.

JamesinCanada

Star Member
Jan 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2015
Doc's Request.
25-11-2015
AOR Received.
25-05-2015
IELTS Request
Batch EMail: 23-10-15
Med's Done....
upfront
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
14-03-2016
carr1 said:
I was told I only needed to send the FBI check that Canada will do their check if needed?
I called CIC today and was told when they received my FBI letter Mississauga marked it as a state police check and not an FBI one, she told me to email Ottawa which I have already. I guess I wait and see some more.
This happened to me. They sent their request EMail just a short while after I mailed them the FBI check they wanted. The process ended up taking way longer for me than others in my group due to this. I think they put your file on hold until the allotted time is up.

From what I understand, it can take a VERY long time for the mail to go from the mail room to your file. So they might not have gotten it added in before they sent that request. They'll see it later on, but it's kinda up to luck if they pull your file back out and finish right then or if they choose to just wait it out anyway.

I just got DM yesterday and they asked for my FBI clearance (that they already had) on November 25th. So we'll see what happens with you. Hopefully my decision was a positive one... I'll let everyone know when I get the envelope.

In short, there's nothing you can do. I'm sorry it sucks. :( If you want to, find the proof that they got it, like through the courrier you used, get a capture of the delivery date and the signature of the person from their office. Keep it with your copy of the FBI file. That's what I did.

JamesinCanada

Star Member
Jan 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2015
Doc's Request.
25-11-2015
AOR Received.
25-05-2015
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
upfront
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
14-03-2016
skrob said:
I have 2 questions: (1) is ECAS updated just on tuesdays or everyday? and (2) Is it correct/safe to assume 5 to 7 months is the average processing time for outland U.S. citizen spouse?

I've read through the forums and that appears to be the range. We received a letter that my spouse was approved as a sponsor and my application had been sent to CPC-Ottawa on 28SEP2015 but haven't heard anything since. My ecas has the first 3 things (1) We received [the] application for permanent residence on July 30, 2015; (2) We started processing [the] application on September 28, 2015; and (3) Medical results have been received. My spouses sponsorship application started processing on 28AUG2015

Should I check ecas daily or just on tuesdays? thanks so much for any info and advice!

p.s. I'm starting to get antsy as presently I live in Canada on a study permit but I'm finishing up my phd this spring and a little worried about a gap between when I finish and whether or not I'll have to move back to the US and then land again. (we did the outland processing option rather than inland).
1. Mine got updated on a holiday. A sunday night / Monday early morning. Not a Tuesday. I've seen people get an update on Sunday's on normal weeks. So, it's definitely not just on Tuesday. The one common thing I see again and again is I really think they update ECAS after midnight (Ottawa time). So checking once a day in the morning works best.

2. I think that's a safe assumption. 5 to 7 months seems about right these days for US outland. I've seen people do 4 months but that's not always the case. I wouldn't freak out after seven, though. Some people take longer. Mine did.

Your application seems to be going along nicely as expected. Looks good from what I can see. The next update you'll probably get will be a batch EMail asking you for stuff that you probably already gave them. It's like a reminder. It asks you to pay if you haven't paid the fee yet, for your clearances, for proof sponsor lives in Canada, and something else, medical maybe.

carr1

Sep 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2015
Doc's Request.
16-02-16 FBI check
AOR Received.
16-09-2015
File Transfer...
27-10-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
29-05-2015
Passport Req..
2-4-16 DM
VISA ISSUED...
8-4-16 COPR Arrived
LANDED..........
10-4-16 Landed
JamesinCanada said:
This happened to me. They sent their request EMail just a short while after I mailed them the FBI check they wanted. The process ended up taking way longer for me than others in my group due to this. I think they put your file on hold until the allotted time is up.

From what I understand, it can take a VERY long time for the mail to go from the mail room to your file. So they might not have gotten it added in before they sent that request. They'll see it later on, but it's kinda up to luck if they pull your file back out and finish right then or if they choose to just wait it out anyway.

I just got DM yesterday and they asked for my FBI clearance (that they already had) on November 25th. So we'll see what happens with you. Hopefully my decision was a positive one... I'll let everyone know when I get the envelope.

In short, there's nothing you can do. I'm sorry it sucks. :( If you want to, find the proof that they got it, like through the courrier you used, get a capture of the delivery date and the signature of the person from their office. Keep it with your copy of the FBI file. That's what I did.
What a cluster!!! Sorry that happened, I can't understand CIC at all.

I emailed Ottawa copies of the FBI check, a screen shot of the UPS delivery receipt with signature and a photo of everything I mailed. I had mailed a copy of my new passport at the same time (I had changed my name in the process) ECAS was updated with my new name a few weeks ago.

So do I need a Canada police check too??

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
carr1 said:
Wow, that's mental. How could they mix up a state vs. FBI check? They must have meant to mark someone else's account and marked yours instead, or got the docs mixed up.

And no, no one needs a Canadian police check unless CIC specifically asks for it.

JamesinCanada

Star Member
Jan 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2015
Doc's Request.
25-11-2015
AOR Received.
25-05-2015
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
upfront
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
14-03-2016
carr1 said:
What a cluster!!! Sorry that happened, I can't understand CIC at all.

I emailed Ottawa copies of the FBI check, a screen shot of the UPS delivery receipt with signature and a photo of everything I mailed. I had mailed a copy of my new passport at the same time (I had changed my name in the process) ECAS was updated with my new name a few weeks ago.

So do I need a Canada police check too??
Yeah it can really stink. You might be lucky - some people were asked wrongly for a file, and they got notice within a few weeks and a DM! So maybe you'll be a lucky one, we can only hope!!

I don't think you need a Canada police clearance, they will do that on their end for you. Just USA and any other country you stayed in for six months or more.

carr1

Sep 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2015
Doc's Request.
16-02-16 FBI check
AOR Received.
16-09-2015
File Transfer...
27-10-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
29-05-2015
Passport Req..
2-4-16 DM
VISA ISSUED...
8-4-16 COPR Arrived
LANDED..........
10-4-16 Landed
Aquakitty said:
Wow, that's mental. How could they mix up a state vs. FBI check? They must have meant to mark someone else's account and marked yours instead, or got the docs mixed up.

And no, no one needs a Canadian police check unless CIC specifically asks for it.
I know right? I was on the phone with CIC and said "do you see at the top of the letter it's from The Federal Bureau of Investigation, that's the FBI not the state of MN" I felt bad I was a little touchy but this process is frustrating at times ;) her response is "I can't see the actual letter just what Mississaugua says it was"

Thanks so much for the info about the Canada police record, I thought I was right but now I'm starting to question everything!!

carr1

Sep 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2015
Doc's Request.
16-02-16 FBI check
AOR Received.
16-09-2015
File Transfer...
27-10-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
29-05-2015
Passport Req..
2-4-16 DM
VISA ISSUED...
8-4-16 COPR Arrived
LANDED..........
10-4-16 Landed
JamesinCanada said:
Yeah it can really stink. You might be lucky - some people were asked wrongly for a file, and they got notice within a few weeks and a DM! So maybe you'll be a lucky one, we can only hope!!

I don't think you need a Canada police clearance, they will do that on their end for you. Just USA and any other country you stayed in for six months or more.
Fingers crossed! Thank you so much.