N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
DM 07-02-2016
LANDED..........
Possibly APRIL 2016
spinning_sponsor said:
Conservative. It sounded like they didn't have much power to do much in regards to the app other than check if it actually exists or not. Getting any specific info on how long it will take to process wasn't possible. Essentially they told me the same thing CIC did, if its not 17 months yet (which is the max time on the website for Ottawa), they can't do a thing. Even though I pointed out how many people are already approved that applied after me.

It really would be nice if Ottawa actually processed apps in order.

Well then we are both doomed. Mine is conservative as well. But I am still hoping that they will look at my husband’s file being that this shouldn’t have happened it the first place as none of the stuff in the application was advising them that the kids were his children. I find it appalling. seriously, I cannot believe how stupid they can be!

canadausa#11

Jan 5, 2016
I see that they are currently advertising for a case processing officer at the Ottawa office, not sure if its for our applications but was interesting to see that they do shift work 7 days a week. Explains maybe why people get updates on Saturdays and Sundays and at interesting hours.

c_page

Sep 30, 2015
Hi Everyone,

My husband and I are applying for PR through spousal sponsorship, outland (US). We submitted our application July 2015. We received an email requesting his FBI Clearance Certificate. We submitted the original certificate upfront with his application. Do you think this means that they misplaced it? We're concerned because they say they need it by March 18th and it took much longer for us to get it the first time. Has this happened to anyone else? We replied back to the e-mail saying it was already submitted but did not get a response. Does anyone have the number for the call centre?

Any advice is appreciated!

Cheers,

o6ocpaka

Sep 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2015
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
20-04-2015
Med's Done....
07-12-2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
08-10-2015
LANDED..........
11-11-2015
c_page said:
Hi Everyone,

My husband and I are applying for PR through spousal sponsorship, outland (US). We submitted our application July 2015. We received an email requesting his FBI Clearance Certificate. We submitted the original certificate upfront with his application. Do you think this means that they misplaced it? We're concerned because they say they need it by March 18th and it took much longer for us to get it the first time. Has this happened to anyone else? We replied back to the e-mail saying it was already submitted but did not get a response. Does anyone have the number for the call centre?

Any advice is appreciated!

Cheers,
They could have misplaced it, do they specifically refer to that document? Or just a general batch email?

This is their call center:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/call.asp

c_page

Sep 30, 2015
How do I tell the difference between a batch email and a regular one? This request for FBI Clearance was also sent to us 2 weeks ago and immediately afterwards we received another email saying "CPC-CTD-Ottawa would like to recall the message, File F0003****"

o6ocpaka

Sep 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2015
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
20-04-2015
Med's Done....
07-12-2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
08-10-2015
LANDED..........
11-11-2015
c_page said:
How do I tell the difference between a batch email and a regular one? This request for FBI Clearance was also sent to us 2 weeks ago and immediately afterwards we received another email saying "CPC-CTD-Ottawa would like to recall the message, File F0003****"
I think you should be ok, especially with that recall message.
This is what our batch email looked like, which we basically ignored:

Dear ----:

This is regarding your application for permanent residence in Canada which is now in queue to be reviewed by a visa officer. Please note that you must submit original police certificates for you and any dependents for all countries where the residence period has been six months or longer since the age of 18.

If you are currently in possession of any police certificates, which were not submitted with your original application, please submit them to our office now.

If you have already submitted your police certificates, do not apply for or submit new documents. We will contact you once your application has been reviewed by a visa officer.

If you are in the process of obtaining the required documents and have not yet received them, submit them to our office as soon as they are available.

ayrazar

Jul 2, 2015
Just got SA in the mail, file transferred to Ottawa

I need to mail in the FBI report. How can I do this and guarantee it's gonna get to the file correctly? Losing it at this point would just. Not be okay, haha.

Also, what address etc.

thanks!

o6ocpaka

Sep 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2015
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
20-04-2015
Med's Done....
07-12-2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
08-10-2015
LANDED..........
11-11-2015
ayrazar said:
Just got SA in the mail, file transferred to Ottawa

I need to mail in the FBI report. How can I do this and guarantee it's gonna get to the file correctly? Losing it at this point would just. Not be okay, haha.

Also, what address etc.

thanks!
You can always send it as registered mail, that way CIC will have no excuse they have not got it. Make sure you label the envelope correctly.

ayrazar

Jul 2, 2015
o6ocpaka said:
You can always send it as registered mail, that way CIC will have no excuse they have not got it. Make sure you label the envelope correctly.
I was gonna purolator it. But even like, how to ensure it gets from the mail room to the right desk. Envelope, what should I put, applicant name, UCI, app #?

Do you happen to know the mailing address?

JamesinCanada

Star Member
Jan 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2015
Doc's Request.
25-11-2015
AOR Received.
25-05-2015
IELTS Request
Batch EMail: 23-10-15
Med's Done....
upfront
Passport Req..
DM: 15/2/2016
VISA ISSUED...
COPR: 23/2/2016
LANDED..........
14-03-2016
ayrazar said:
I was gonna purolator it. But even like, how to ensure it gets from the mail room to the right desk. Envelope, what should I put, applicant name, UCI, app #?

Do you happen to know the mailing address?
Do you have your AOR yet on your ECAS (not sponser but you)? I would send after AOR. It does take a while for the package to get to them. I've heard a month from the day they sign for it in the mail room. You're doing the right thing by sending before they ask for it! Trust me....

I thought I had the address in my EMail from my own doc requests, but I can't find it anywhere, I'm sorry.

I put my UCI on the outside of the package. I probably should have put my application number on the outside, too, but I didn't know to do this when I sent it. It remains to be seen whether this was terrible or just a bump in the road. (I don't have a DM yet, and Ottawa never acknowledges receipt of additional documents like this.)

ayrazar

Jul 2, 2015
JamesinCanada said:
Do you have your AOR yet on your ECAS (not sponser but you)? I would send after AOR. It does take a while for the package to get to them. I've heard a month from the day they sign for it in the mail room. You're doing the right thing by sending before they ask for it! Trust me....

I thought I had the address in my EMail from my own doc requests, but I can't find it anywhere, I'm sorry.

I put my UCI on the outside of the package. I probably should have put my application number on the outside, too, but I didn't know to do this when I sent it. It remains to be seen whether this was terrible or just a bump in the road. (I don't have a DM yet, and Ottawa never acknowledges receipt of additional documents like this.)
I thought Ottawa doesn't send an AOR2? Also, I am the sponsor. Does the applicant get a different UCI? I've heard countless times that you don't get an AOR2 from CPC-O so I'm not sure how I'd get the applicants UCI.

spinning_sponsor

Star Member
Jan 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2015
Doc's Request.
09-10-2015 and 02-12-2015
AOR Received.
10-06-2015
File Transfer...
06-07-2015
Med's Done....
UPFRONT
VISA ISSUED...
IN PROCESS 09-10-2015 DM 11-02-2015
LANDED..........
11-03-2016
I still haven't seen many people posting about updates from Ottawa in all of January (and now February). What's going on there that things suddenly got so quiet? Are all the case officers on vacation? It's been 2 months now since they requested additional proof of relationship and they've just sat on it since then.

JamesinCanada

Star Member
Jan 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2015
Doc's Request.
25-11-2015
AOR Received.
25-05-2015
IELTS Request
Batch EMail: 23-10-15
Med's Done....
upfront
Passport Req..
DM: 15/2/2016
VISA ISSUED...
COPR: 23/2/2016
LANDED..........
14-03-2016
ayrazar said:
I thought Ottawa doesn't send an AOR2? Also, I am the sponsor. Does the applicant get a different UCI? I've heard countless times that you don't get an AOR2 from CPC-O so I'm not sure how I'd get the applicants UCI.
When we're all checking ECAS we're checking the applicant's ECAS. The sponser apparently has their own ECAS stuff and it just goes for their information.

I'm pretty sure they have two UCI one for sponser one for applicant. My ECAS says nothing about sponser being approved.

I think the acknowledgement is for your own application for PR, which is not an AOR2 but just saying they received your app.

ayrazar

Jul 2, 2015
JamesinCanada said:
When we're all checking ECAS we're checking the applicant's ECAS. The sponser apparently has their own ECAS stuff and it just goes for their information.

I'm pretty sure they have two UCI one for sponser one for applicant. My ECAS says nothing about sponser being approved.

I think the acknowledgement is for your own application for PR, which is not an AOR2 but just saying they received your app.
When I plug in my stuff (I'm the sponsor) I see the sponsor side and the applicant side. I still don't understand what acknowledgement I'll get from CPC-O cause I heard they dont give any? Muh

kiwi01

Star Member
Aug 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/11/2015
Med's Done....
30/09/2015
They don't. You will know its arrived there when PR switches from application received to in process