04-04-2015
AOR Received.
06-05-2015
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
19-02-2015
Hi Everyone.

I had a good feeling about today, and just when all hope was lost, i received email from Ottawa

Dear ____________________________,

The processing of your application is complete. However, this letter is a reminder to submit the stated missing documentation.

Missing Document(s):
o Two Passport sized photos for you and all family members accompanying. See our specifications at www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf
Submitting Original Passports

We require a VALID passport for you and for each accompanying family member, if you are not from a visa except country or if you have not yet submitted valid passports. Passports for you and all accompanying family members must be submitted together. There must be at least one blank visa page in each passport. If there are children included in your passport there must be blank visa pages for them as well.
SUBMITTING DOCUMENTS for you and/or your dependants reside in Canada or the US
Please note that CPC-Ottawa does not send out passports outside of North America.

· Submit all documents by MAIL in a single package. Enclose the requested documents, a copy of this letter and folded self-addressed envelope in the envelope with our mailing address:

Now I'm a little confused on how to proceed.

Am i to send them 2 passport pictures and my Passport even thou they state that they dont mail passports back outside of North America.

Anyone receive a similar email, and any advise on how to proceed would be really appreciated

Keysha2326

Nov 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-04-2015
Doc's Request.
23-10-2015
Med's Done....
30-01-2015 (upfront)
Hi :)
Received an eMail from vienna VO today stating that my CoPR is ready to pick up. :D FINALLY! The whole process took 8 long months. Best of luck to everyone whos still waiting for DM!

mgrandolini

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
Dublin
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa (London)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-04-2015
Doc's Request.
Batch Email 23-10-2015
AOR Received.
29-04-2015
File Transfer...
29-04-2015
Med's Done....
17-03-2015
Passport Req..
In Process: 09-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
DM: 17-12-2015 COPR: 22-01-2016
LANDED..........
10-03-2016
Keysha2326 said:
Hi :)
Received an eMail from vienna VO today stating that my CoPR is ready to pick up. :D FINALLY! The whole process took 8 long months. Best of luck to everyone whos still waiting for DM!
Ah congrats!! Very exciting!

mgrandolini

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
Dublin
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa (London)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-04-2015
Doc's Request.
Batch Email 23-10-2015
AOR Received.
29-04-2015
File Transfer...
29-04-2015
Med's Done....
17-03-2015
Passport Req..
In Process: 09-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
DM: 17-12-2015 COPR: 22-01-2016
LANDED..........
10-03-2016
itsmrchiptoyou said:
Hi Everyone.

I had a good feeling about today, and just when all hope was lost, i received email from Ottawa

Dear ____________________________,

The processing of your application is complete. However, this letter is a reminder to submit the stated missing documentation.

Missing Document(s):
o Two Passport sized photos for you and all family members accompanying. See our specifications at www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf
Submitting Original Passports

We require a VALID passport for you and for each accompanying family member, if you are not from a visa except country or if you have not yet submitted valid passports. Passports for you and all accompanying family members must be submitted together. There must be at least one blank visa page in each passport. If there are children included in your passport there must be blank visa pages for them as well.
SUBMITTING DOCUMENTS for you and/or your dependants reside in Canada or the US
Please note that CPC-Ottawa does not send out passports outside of North America.

· Submit all documents by MAIL in a single package. Enclose the requested documents, a copy of this letter and folded self-addressed envelope in the envelope with our mailing address:

Now I'm a little confused on how to proceed.

Am i to send them 2 passport pictures and my Passport even thou they state that they dont mail passports back outside of North America.

Anyone receive a similar email, and any advise on how to proceed would be really appreciated
Great news for you! Are you showing decision made? Hag you joined the outland london thread? I'm sure there have been plenty that can answer your question!! From what I've seen, it's a copy of your passport not the actual passport as your from a visa exempt country :)

tinareyes

Jun 28, 2013
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2014
AOR Received.
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
16-08-2015
Interview........
WAIVED!!!
Passport Req..
20-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
01-12-2015
LANDED..........
12-12-2015
mrpotatohead said:
Received COPR today, and went to land right away. :)

US Common-Law Sponsorship

Received: 06MAY2015
Sponsor Approval: 06JUL2015
In Process: 09OCT2015
Married: 17OCT2015
Doc Request: 23OCT2015
Decision Made: 03DEC2015
COPR: 10DEC2015
Landed: 10DEC2015
Congrats! How did the landing process go and did they ask a lot of questions? I am having my husband land tomorrow morning and I'm not quite sure what to expect.

mrpotatohead

Star Member
Jan 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05MAY2015
AOR Received.
04JUN2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21APR2015
Interview........
IP 09OCT2015
tinareyes said:
Congrats! How did the landing process go and did they ask a lot of questions? I am having my husband land tomorrow morning and I'm not quite sure what to expect.
Landing was quite easy really, and I had the fortune of getting a nice officer. When I reentered Canada, I presented my passport and COPR. The officer asked me a few standard questions (do you have weapons, over $10k cash, fruits and veggies, etc.). I got redirected into secondary where the same officer met me again. He took my documents again and walked me through various parts of the COPR, having me answer questions and initial as he did so. Then he asked standard questions about if I'd been convicted of anything or had a change in familial circumstances.

Then I sat and waited for about 20 minutes so he could do a final check on me. When he walked back into the main room, he had a little paper Canadian flag. He gave back my passport with a COPR stapled into it, walked me through some basic PR obligations, and sent me on my way. Total time to walk into the US, back into Canada, and get through customs was about 40 minutes (though it felt much longer). There shouldn't be anything to worry about.

This was all done at about 8PM at Douglas/Peace Arch crossing. I'll be off to Service Canada and ICBC on Monday to get my SIN/Driver's License extension/MSP stuff started.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Congrats to you all again, and don't forget to update the 2015 spreadsheet if you haven't already!

itsmrchiptoyou

Jul 24, 2013
Ireland
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2015
AOR Received.
06-05-2015
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
19-02-2015
mgrandolini said:
Great news for you! Are you showing decision made? Hag you joined the outland london thread? I'm sure there have been plenty that can answer your question!! From what I've seen, it's a copy of your passport not the actual passport as your from a visa exempt country :)

Ill ask the question on that thread also.
I did look into it and cause Ireland is Visa exempt i don't have to send my Passport, but now I'm trying to figure out where to send everything else . on the email they only give 2 addresses, one if you have an address in Canada, and on if you have an address in the US. it doesn't say anything if you aren't living in Canada to US. .

I just checked ECAS.. it still says in process there.

i think ill just chance it and send it to the Canadian address

triple p

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2015
Doc's Request.
21-08-2015 (Proof of Sponsor's Canadian Residence); 08-09-2015 (FBI)
AOR Received.
10-04-2015
File Transfer...
24-04-2015 Ottawa; 08-12-2015 LA; DM 19-01-2016; pics request 12-02-2016
Med's Done....
01-10-2014
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 19-02-2016!!!
On Aug 21, 2015 we received the Proof of Residence/RRPF generic email. The last line on the letter stated:

**Medical examination. Please complete your immigration medical examination. If you have already passed your medical examination, please also send your medical examination form with the rest of your documents.

Was this on the letters of the rest of you that also received it? A few months after submission, ECAS stated medical exam received as my husband did the upfront medical exam and all the evidence was sent with our application. Our lawyers stated we would receive a medical update form, but we never did...

Our medical was initially done on Oct 1., 2014 and would have expired on Oct 1., 2015. Did any of your medicals expire and were automatically extended without filling out an update form?

On Sept 8. We received the FBI clearance generic letter. We sent a current FBI clearance when our application was submitted on Feb. 19, 2015; however, our lawyers stated it would probably expire in Dec., 2015 and encouraged us to get a new FBI clearance in the works due to the long wait. We sent evidence that we re-applied for the FBI clearance and should receive it sometime next week.

Please keep in mind my hubby had a criminal rehabilitation application processing at the same time at the Washington Consulate which was approved on Nov 8, 2015.

On Dec. 8, 2015 his PR application was transferred to the LA Visa office for further review of his eligibility/admissibility. The letter stated they would get in touch with us no later than 2 months. Our lawyers stated this was standard for applications with the CR element and not to worry.

My question: We are already going to send LA the updated FBI clearance when it arrives. Should we just get another medical done and send it in just in case? When they open our file in 2 months, at least I know all documents would be current and in place. I wish they let us know if our meds were extended. Perhaps I should look into GCMS notes...

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
itsmrchiptoyou said:
Ill ask the question on that thread also.
I did look into it and cause Ireland is Visa exempt i don't have to send my Passport, but now I'm trying to figure out where to send everything else . on the email they only give 2 addresses, one if you have an address in Canada, and on if you have an address in the US. it doesn't say anything if you aren't living in Canada to US. .

I just checked ECAS.. it still says in process there.

i think ill just chance it and send it to the Canadian address
You need to send documents to the Ottawa address. Or you can fax or email them if they don't need originals.

itsmrchiptoyou

Jul 24, 2013
Ireland
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2015
AOR Received.
06-05-2015
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
19-02-2015
Aquakitty said:
You need to send documents to the Ottawa address. Or you can fax or email them if they don't need originals.
Thank you for the response.

It give 2 ottawa addresses. but i sent it to the first one which was

URGENT MAILROOM A702
CPC – Ottawa – PR
PO Box 9780
Ottawa ON
K1G 4B9

the other address that gave is

URGENT MAILROOM A702
CPC – Ottawa – PR
365 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa ON
K1A 1L1

rugrat907

Feb 3, 2015
California
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2015
AOR Received.
25-04-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-11-2014, remeds on 04-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
COPR issued 21-12-2015
triple p said:
On Aug 21, 2015 we received the Proof of Residence/RRPF generic email. The last line on the letter stated:

**Medical examination. Please complete your immigration medical examination. If you have already passed your medical examination, please also send your medical examination form with the rest of your documents.

Was this on the letters of the rest of you that also received it? A few months after submission, ECAS stated medical exam received as my husband did the upfront medical exam and all the evidence was sent with our application. Our lawyers stated we would receive a medical update form, but we never did...

Our medical was initially done on Oct 1., 2014 and would have expired on Oct 1., 2015. Did any of your medicals expire and were automatically extended without filling out an update form?

On Sept 8. We received the FBI clearance generic letter. We sent a current FBI clearance when our application was submitted on Feb. 19, 2015; however, our lawyers stated it would probably expire in Dec., 2015 and encouraged us to get a new FBI clearance in the works due to the long wait. We sent evidence that we re-applied for the FBI clearance and should receive it sometime next week.

Please keep in mind my hubby had a criminal rehabilitation application processing at the same time at the Washington Consulate which was approved on Nov 8, 2015.

On Dec. 8, 2015 his PR application was transferred to the LA Visa office for further review of his eligibility/admissibility. The letter stated they would get in touch with us no later than 2 months. Our lawyers stated this was standard for applications with the CR element and not to worry.

My question: We are already going to send LA the updated FBI clearance when it arrives. Should we just get another medical done and send it in just in case? When they open our file in 2 months, at least I know all documents would be current and in place. I wish they let us know if our meds were extended. Perhaps I should look into GCMS notes...
That line about medicals is on all the generic emails people are receiving. And many people do get extensions, but in your case I would expect them to ask for a new medical exam. What will likely happen next is you will get a request when LA is ready to actually examine the file and you are closer to being approved. You may also be able to see if they've been extended from the GCMS notes.

You shouldn't do new medicals in advance of the request. There's a special form CIC supplies for re-medicals and depending on how long LA takes to get to get close to a final decision being made, you could wind up in the same situation where the medicals would expire yet again.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
itsmrchiptoyou said:
Thank you for the response.

It give 2 ottawa addresses. but i sent it to the first one which was

URGENT MAILROOM A702
CPC – Ottawa – PR
PO Box 9780
Ottawa ON
K1G 4B9

the other address that gave is

URGENT MAILROOM A702
CPC – Ottawa – PR
365 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa ON
K1A 1L1
The second is the courier address, as couriers don't deliver to PO Boxes. So use that if you are sending via courier (eg. Fedex, Purolator, DHL). If you are using Canada Post or Royal Mail etc. you can use the first address.

tinareyes

Jun 28, 2013
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2014
AOR Received.
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
16-08-2015
Interview........
WAIVED!!!
Passport Req..
20-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
01-12-2015
LANDED..........
12-12-2015
mrpotatohead said:
Landing was quite easy really, and I had the fortune of getting a nice officer. When I reentered Canada, I presented my passport and COPR. The officer asked me a few standard questions (do you have weapons, over $10k cash, fruits and veggies, etc.). I got redirected into secondary where the same officer met me again. He took my documents again and walked me through various parts of the COPR, having me answer questions and initial as he did so. Then he asked standard questions about if I'd been convicted of anything or had a change in familial circumstances.

Then I sat and waited for about 20 minutes so he could do a final check on me. When he walked back into the main room, he had a little paper Canadian flag. He gave back my passport with a COPR stapled into it, walked me through some basic PR obligations, and sent me on my way. Total time to walk into the US, back into Canada, and get through customs was about 40 minutes (though it felt much longer). There shouldn't be anything to worry about.

This was all done at about 8PM at Douglas/Peace Arch crossing. I'll be off to Service Canada and ICBC on Monday to get my SIN/Driver's License extension/MSP stuff started.
Very similar to my hubby's landing today! ;D ;D

How long did it take to receive your PR card in the mail? And congrats again!!

mrpotatohead

Star Member
Jan 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05MAY2015
AOR Received.
04JUN2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21APR2015
Interview........
IP 09OCT2015
tinareyes said:
Very similar to my hubby's landing today! ;D ;D

How long did it take to receive your PR card in the mail? And congrats again!!
Not expecting the PR card for another couple months haha. Current processing time is about 71 days.