none
Passport Req..
visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
08-10-2015
LANDED..........
11-11-2015
mgrandolini said:
Does it look like Ottawa is working on apps received in March?

Our file was transferred to Ottawa on April 29 after SA approval on April 28, ecas still just showing

1. Application received for permanent residency April 8
2. Medical Results have been received

:'(

Waiting is so difficult
It was the same way for us, we filed application at the end of February, SA and file transfer happened around April 20th and it was showing:

1. Application received for permanent residency April 24
2. Medical Results have been received

up until around August 25th. it has been stuck In Process since then haha - cic wheels are slowly turning...

canameraduo

Aug 6, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2014
AOR Received.
13-01-2015 (but did not show that date/line until 06-08-2015
Interview........
IP: 06-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Please be soon
I have a big update

We asked our MP to contact since us calling gets no answers at all and we got a solid answer.

They were told that my husbands file is sitting in a large pile (in bulk) and the pile is going to be looked at starting in mid-October. They have 30 days to get through the pile. So between mid-Oct and mid-Nov we should get a decision or a request for more information, but they will do something, they have to.

We have already been asked for more information since our IP on August 6th (RPRF fee and proof that I am established in Canada) so I am hoping that there will be no more requests for information and this will be our decision. Then I suppose if we do get a decision it will take a bit to receive his COPR in the mail so hoping that we will have his COPR by early December at the latest. Since we are early November 2014 applicants this means our process will most likely have a timeline of over a year... bah

I thought this might be interesting information to share, and hopefully some others are also in the same pile as us to be processed soon.

Edin2Van

Star Member
Jun 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2015
Doc's Request.
20-08-2015
AOR Received.
SA 15-04-2015
It's good to know, even if it is a little disappointing. Doesn't seem unreasonable to think there could be a fair few of us in that big pile.

I'm sure there is some kind of grand plan in action here but from the little information we do get it's maddening to think they're just letting complete applications pile up instead of finalising them.

o6ocpaka

Sep 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2015
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
20-04-2015
Med's Done....
07-12-2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
08-10-2015
LANDED..........
11-11-2015
Edin2Van said:
It's good to know, even if it is a little disappointing. Doesn't seem unreasonable to think there could be a fair few of us in that big pile.

I'm sure there is some kind of grand plan in action here but from the little information we do get it's maddening to think they're just letting complete applications pile up instead of finalising them.
I am sure that *pile* they are talking about has also a literal meaning...

gooh

Jul 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-3-2015
AOR Received.
23-4-2015
File Transfer...
29-4-2015
Med's Done....
5-2-2015
Passport Req..
In Process: 14-8-2015 DM: 15-12-2015
LANDED..........
21-12-2015
So I'm IP, but it still never showed under my Immigration Category that medicals were received/ I know I sent it in the app so there's no question about that, should this be cause for worry?

jamsham12

Jan 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/19/2015
AOR Received.
03/16/2015
File Transfer...
04/21/2015
Passport Req..
In Process: 08/06/2015 DM: 10/31/2015
VISA ISSUED...
11/16/2015
LANDED..........
12/30/2015
canameraduo said:
I have a big update

We asked our MP to contact since us calling gets no answers at all and we got a solid answer.

They were told that my husbands file is sitting in a large pile (in bulk) and the pile is going to be looked at starting in mid-October. They have 30 days to get through the pile. So between mid-Oct and mid-Nov we should get a decision or a request for more information, but they will do something, they have to.

We have already been asked for more information since our IP on August 6th (RPRF fee and proof that I am established in Canada) so I am hoping that there will be no more requests for information and this will be our decision. Then I suppose if we do get a decision it will take a bit to receive his COPR in the mail so hoping that we will have his COPR by early December at the latest. Since we are early November 2014 applicants this means our process will most likely have a timeline of over a year... bah

I thought this might be interesting information to share, and hopefully some others are also in the same pile as us to be processed soon.
Great info, i think my app is in the same pile I have been requested those same docs.

jamsham12

Jan 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/19/2015
AOR Received.
03/16/2015
File Transfer...
04/21/2015
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
11/16/2015
LANDED..........
12/30/2015
gooh said:
So I'm IP, but it still never showed under my Immigration Category that medicals were received/ I know I sent it in the app so there's no question about that, should this be cause for worry?
Order GCMS notes, it should state whether medicals were passed or not.

MacnCheese

Star Member
Oct 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 Jan 2015 sponsorship submitted to Mississauga
Doc's Request.
20 Aug 2015
AOR Received.
18 Mar 2015, SA received 02 April 2015
Med's Done....
06 Nov 2014
Passport Req..
5 Oct 2015
VISA ISSUED...
15 Oct 2015
We're also awaiting more info on our application which was submitted late January 2015. We sent additional information requested (intent to reside in Canada) 12 September and hope to hear something soon. My partner's medical expires on 6 November and I'm pregnant and due mid December, so we're worried they will only extend the medical until the end of the year if we don't get DM soon! We live on our own in Europe, so that would be extremely inconvenient (and expensive). Hoping we hear something very soon so he can go over straight away and land. I'm getting more and more worried about potentially being left alone late in pregnancy or with a 2 week old.

Our case is fairly uncomplicated as we've been common law for 10 years and I was granted a common law spouse visa to Australia in 2008, so not sure why it's taking so long. I still find it totally absurd as a Canadian citizen, I need to prove my intent to return.....

o6ocpaka

Sep 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2015
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
20-04-2015
Med's Done....
07-12-2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
08-10-2015
LANDED..........
11-11-2015
MacnCheese said:
We're also awaiting more info on our application which was submitted late January 2015. We sent additional information requested (intent to reside in Canada) 12 September and hope to hear something soon. My partner's medical expires on 6 November and I'm pregnant and due mid December, so we're worried they will only extend the medical until the end of the year if we don't get DM soon! We live on our own in Europe, so that would be extremely inconvenient (and expensive). Hoping we hear something very soon so he can go over straight away and land. I'm getting more and more worried about potentially being left alone late in pregnancy or with a 2 week old.

Our case is fairly uncomplicated as we've been common law for 10 years and I was granted a common law spouse visa to Australia in 2008, so not sure why it's taking so long. I still find it totally absurd as a Canadian citizen, I need to prove my intent to return.....
Oh yeah, don't worry, they have asked me about the *intent to return*. I have never even left Canada and they had my passport info, work information, T4s, paystubs, employment letters... When I got that email I thought to myself, are you kidding me?!
I think this is all done to delay app processing

MacnCheese

Star Member
Oct 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 Jan 2015 sponsorship submitted to Mississauga
Doc's Request.
20 Aug 2015
AOR Received.
18 Mar 2015, SA received 02 April 2015
Med's Done....
06 Nov 2014
Passport Req..
5 Oct 2015
VISA ISSUED...
15 Oct 2015
o6ocpaka said:
Oh yeah, don't worry, they have asked me about the *intent to return*. I have never even left Canada and they had my passport info, work information, T4s, paystubs, employment letters... When I got that email I thought to myself, are you kidding me?!
Yeah, who knows that they are actually doing! Totally frustrated by CIC, we can't wait until my partner gets citizenship to give honest feedback on their processes.....when I got my Australian spouse visa, it was approved in about 4 weeks total and we'd only been common law for about 18 months at that point. Would be nice if CIC followed the Australian immigration and went to nearly 100% online applications and processing.

jamsham12

Jan 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/19/2015
AOR Received.
03/16/2015
File Transfer...
04/21/2015
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
11/16/2015
LANDED..........
12/30/2015
o6ocpaka said:
Yep, i stated this before all these batch form letters were generic did not pertain to an individual particular file . I'm assuming whoever got these letters were thrown in a pile to be processed at a later date, there has been 0 processing done on these applications as evident if you order GCMS notes nothing has been started even though file is "IP" and docs have been requested.

gooh

Jul 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-3-2015
AOR Received.
23-4-2015
File Transfer...
29-4-2015
Med's Done....
5-2-2015
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
21-12-2015
canameraduo said:
I have a big update

I wonder if the people in charge really care about how the under staffing and generally slow/lackadaisical way they process applications puts such strain and heartache on the people waiting in limbo to hear anything. My guess is no. But even with this information, because of how out of order they seem to do things, I can't feel any relief in knowing what you've found out, it's frustrating.

o6ocpaka

Sep 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2015
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
20-04-2015
Med's Done....
07-12-2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
08-10-2015
LANDED..........
11-11-2015
gooh said:
I wonder if the people in charge really care about how the under staffing and generally slow/lackadaisical way they process applications puts such strain and heartache on the people waiting in limbo to hear anything. My guess is no. But even with this information, because of how out of order they seem to do things, I can't feel any relief in knowing what you've found out, it's frustrating.
I think they probably get off on that, it is sadism in some way, playing gods in their tiny cic cubicles in front of computer monitors..

TJ_TO

Sep 25, 2015
canameraduo said:
I have a big update

This is great news. It also points to internal performance targets if CIC has to complete the pile in 30 days. The middle of Oct puts it past the 30 days allowed to submit addition documents for requests of Aug and early Sept. To me that means many DM's for people in process since early Aug.

gooh

Jul 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-3-2015
AOR Received.
23-4-2015
File Transfer...
29-4-2015
Med's Done....
5-2-2015
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
21-12-2015
So are we thinking DMs around mid October?