+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CPP-Ottawa

Confused987

Star Member
Oct 1, 2014
Just looked at the spreadsheets. My application is actually at 148 days since cic received it. People are getting DMs around 300 days so maybe I am halfway there.

fruitball4u

Star Member
Dec 6, 2014
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2015
Doc's Request.
23-11-2015
AOR Received.
23-06-2015
File Transfer...
31-07-2015
Med's Done....
20-04-2015
Interview........
DM: 21-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
COPR: 17-12-2015
LANDED..........
03-01-2016
stardt said:
My wife is American, yes. I'm the sponsor.

But have you been reading all the threads lately about "in process" meaning something else? I don't think it means we're on the verge of getting DM. I think it means they've changed how they do ecas. People are saying in process is the new AOR2 and also that maybe it's because they're opening up all the files to check on photos being right and THEN putting them in the old "wait forever" pile. My own personal theory is that it's those things plus if they say it's in process they don't have to refund you anymore if you withdraw.
I don't think that's true. There are plenty of us that did not get in process. I applied May 12th and still show "application received" - I'm also a US applicant.

Some people may have just gotten extremely lucky.

My personal opinion is that it just depends where in the stack you are. If everyone gets a new stack and they put them at the top instead of the bottom, some people will be processed earlier and others will be much later. With it being a physical application, it seems much easier for them to accidentally get them out of order. It's unfortunate and very frustrating, but until they go completely online, it's going to continue happening.

gooh

Jul 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-3-2015
AOR Received.
23-4-2015
File Transfer...
29-4-2015
Med's Done....
5-2-2015
Passport Req..
In Process: 14-8-2015 DM: 15-12-2015
LANDED..........
21-12-2015
Did CPC Ottawa go from 15 back up to 17 months?

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
gooh said:
Did CPC Ottawa go from 15 back up to 17 months?
It went from 16 to 15 to 17.

gooh

Jul 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-3-2015
AOR Received.
23-4-2015
File Transfer...
29-4-2015
Med's Done....
5-2-2015
Passport Req..
In Process: 14-8-2015 DM: 15-12-2015
LANDED..........
21-12-2015
Yeah, I had just read Officer's thread. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for good news next Tuesday. 2 weeks since IP so far, and notes should be coming in the next 3 weeks.

Ineffable

Jan 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 5, 2015
Doc's Request.
October 23, 2015
AOR Received.
June 3, 2015
File Transfer...
July 7, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
March 21, 2015
Interview........
IP: Oct. 9, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov. 28, 2015
fruitball4u said:
I don't think that's true. There are plenty of us that did not get in process. I applied May 12th and still show "application received" - I'm also a US applicant.

My personal opinion is that it just depends where in the stack you are. If everyone gets a new stack and they put them at the top instead of the bottom, some people will be processed earlier and others will be much later. With it being a physical application, it seems much easier for them to accidentally get them out of order. It's unfortunate and very frustrating, but until they go completely online, it's going to continue happening.
I agree with your educated guess here.

There's a lot less rhyme and reason than we think; much of it depends on where you application falls within the mountains of paperwork and who gets assigned what stack.

Why things aren't 100% digital for the CIC is beyond me.

stardt

May 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-29-2015
AOR Received.
08-07-2015
File Transfer...
27-07-2015
Med's Done....
upfront
fruitball4u said:

I guess only time will tell. I like to keep my expectations low so I'm currently theorizing that us August 6 in process people are not really "in luck" but we shell see. What you're guessing also makes sense. We just have no way to know... but it's around the time now where if August 6 in process actually meant DM soon then we'd be getting it like now, right? Anyway I'll update the threads as I get info... I just don't have my hopes up!

kooka7

Jun 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2014
AOR Received.
08-03-2014
File Transfer...
21-05-2015 CPC-M > CPC-O
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
17/12/2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18-08-2015 (Passport Copies)
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Exempt (AUS)
LANDED..........
23-09-2015
Hi All, I am hoping that this section, someone may be able to clarify. Please let me know if I should be adding this into somewhere else. The email came through VIA the Sydney Office in Australia (as we are aussies) and already in CA.

I received confirmation of COPR. However, I am a little confused.

I am asked to provide photocopies of ALL pages of my and my childrens passports.
However at the very bottom of the letter given that we are all already in Canada, it asks to provide my passport and does not mention anything about Copies of the pages... aargh.... very frustrating.

Any suggestions, stumped on whether they want copies of all passports (4 in total), or whether they want copies in addition to my passport....

This is the wording in the COPR email:

So that your permanent resident visa(s) can be issued, please submit the documents listed below:

1. 2 x Photographs for you and your accompanying dependents (as applicable) as per the Photo Specifications in Appendix A

2. The “Updated Information Chart” in Appendix B, fully completed for you and your accompanying dependents (as applicable).

3. A photocopy of ALL pages of your passport and of the passport(s) for you and your accompanying dependents (as applicable).

Submit the documents according to the instructions in Appendix C. Please also include a copy of this correspondence with your submission.

And because we are in Canada, we are able to send everything through to Ottawa...

Purchase two prepaid letter-sized (32 x 24 cm) Canada Post Xpresspost envelopes (Regional if you live in Ontario or Quebec; National for other provinces and territories), at any Canada Post retail outlet.

· Complete the mailing label showing your full mailing address in the “Deliver To” field.

· Make a note of tracking numbers for each envelope.

· Enclose both envelopes along with your passport and a copy of this letter.

Again, really appreciate any clarification...

Thanks...

Ontariobat

Star Member
Jul 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2014
Passport Req..
[In Process: 03-07-2015 ; Decision Made: 14-07-2015 ; CoPR received 20-07-2015]
LANDED..........
28-07-2015! :) Lewiston, NY
Maybe wait for another reply as well but I'm pretty sure that all you need are photocopies of the passports... It's definitely odd that they mentioned the passport and prepaid envelope though. I wonder if that part was a copy/paste job.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
kooka7 said:
Hi All, I am hoping that this section, someone may be able to clarify. Please let me know if I should be adding this into somewhere else. The email came through VIA the Sydney Office in Australia (as we are aussies) and already in CA.

I received confirmation of COPR. However, I am a little confused.

I am asked to provide photocopies of ALL pages of my and my childrens passports.
However at the very bottom of the letter given that we are all already in Canada, it asks to provide my passport and does not mention anything about Copies of the pages... aargh.... very frustrating.

Any suggestions, stumped on whether they want copies of all passports (4 in total), or whether they want copies in addition to my passport....

This is the wording in the COPR email:

So that your permanent resident visa(s) can be issued, please submit the documents listed below:

1. 2 x Photographs for you and your accompanying dependents (as applicable) as per the Photo Specifications in Appendix A

2. The “Updated Information Chart” in Appendix B, fully completed for you and your accompanying dependents (as applicable).

3. A photocopy of ALL pages of your passport and of the passport(s) for you and your accompanying dependents (as applicable).

Submit the documents according to the instructions in Appendix C. Please also include a copy of this correspondence with your submission.

And because we are in Canada, we are able to send everything through to Ottawa...

Purchase two prepaid letter-sized (32 x 24 cm) Canada Post Xpresspost envelopes (Regional if you live in Ontario or Quebec; National for other provinces and territories), at any Canada Post retail outlet.

· Complete the mailing label showing your full mailing address in the “Deliver To” field.

· Make a note of tracking numbers for each envelope.

· Enclose both envelopes along with your passport and a copy of this letter.

Again, really appreciate any clarification...

Thanks...
Yes I think it's just a form letter mistake, you are Aussie thus visa-exempt, so no real reason for them to need your passport.

kooka7

Jun 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2014
AOR Received.
08-03-2014
File Transfer...
21-05-2015 CPC-M > CPC-O
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
17/12/2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18-08-2015 (Passport Copies)
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Exempt (AUS)
LANDED..........
23-09-2015
Thanks Aquakitty and Ontariobat for the reply - a very bad cut and paste job at the very least...

My Email has gone un-replied to CIC thus far in relation to my query hence the post on the forum.... I did have some time today to make contact with CIC so I finally got to speak with a CIC Agent who directed me to send photocopies and a letter of explanation as to why there are no original passports... I'll be glad when I have that bit of paper in hand!

Ontariobat

Star Member
Jul 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2014
Passport Req..
[In Process: 03-07-2015 ; Decision Made: 14-07-2015 ; CoPR received 20-07-2015]
LANDED..........
28-07-2015! :) Lewiston, NY
kooka7 said:
Thanks Aquakitty and Ontariobat for the reply - a very bad cut and paste job at the very least...

My Email has gone un-replied to CIC thus far in relation to my query hence the post on the forum.... I did have some time today to make contact with CIC so I finally got to speak with a CIC Agent who directed me to send photocopies and a letter of explanation as to why there are no original passports... I'll be glad when I have that bit of paper in hand!
That sounds like a good way to go. I was thinking the same re: Australia being visa-exempt.

jimmyche

May 7, 2015
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
After 7 months, finally getting DM when checking ecas this morning.

Feb 04 application received
Apr 30 sponsorship approval
May 05 transferred to CPC ottawa
July 30 additional doc requested - proof of residence
Aug 06 switched to in process
Sept 02 swiched to decision made

No further correspondance as of yet.

Question, my fiance is a Chinese citizen currently in Canada with a working visa til next year, will she be getting a email requesting for passport or if she will be sent the CORP?

Thanks for everyone's support.

blacknirvana

Star Member
Jul 15, 2011
Copenhagen
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa (COPR office London)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 16th 2014
Doc's Request.
July 9th 2015
Nomination.....
-
AOR Received.
March 5th 2015
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
March 15th 2015
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
Sep 9th 2014 (up-front)
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
Oct 21st 2015
VISA ISSUED...
COPR Nov 6th 2015
LANDED..........
Planned landing Dec 15th 2015
jimmyche said:
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
After 7 months, finally getting DM when checking ecas this morning.

Feb 04 application received
Apr 30 sponsorship approval
May 05 transferred to CPC ottawa
July 30 additional doc requested - proof of residence
Aug 06 switched to in process
Sept 02 swiched to decision made

No further correspondance as of yet.

Question, my partner is a Chinese currently with a working visa to next year, will sh3 be getting a email requesting for passport or if she will be sent the CORP?

Thanks for everyone's support.
Congrats! Got my DM last week and we are waiting for the COPR.

I think you'll get an e-mail asking for the passport to be sent in since China is not visa exempt.