Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Feb-2015
Doc's Request.
30-July-2015 (Proof of sponsor's Canadian residence)
AOR Received.
06-April-2015
Med's Done....
27-April-2015
Passport Req..
IP: August 6. DM: Sept 26
VISA ISSUED...
25-Sept-2015
LANDED..........
05-Oct-2015
jimmyche said:
Another IP :D :D :D

02/04/15 Applied
04/30/15 SA
07/30/15 Sponsor Proof of residence and RPRF request
08/03/15 Responed to above request
08/07/15 In process

Time to update spreadsheet
We have almost the exact same timeline! :)

CamL-W

Jun 4, 2015
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-June-2015
Doc's Request.
03-December-2015
AOR Received.
SA Letter: 13-August-2015
File Transfer...
In Process : 06-August-2015
Med's Done....
09-March-2015
Passport Req..
New Imm Pics : 03-December-2015
VISA ISSUED...
DM: 10-January-2016 / COPR: 19-January-2016
cali2bc said:
Hey, CamL-W! Are you still waiting for the official SA correspondence? Both of our applications currently say "In Process" on ECAS. How long of a wait are most people in for once they see IP?
Yeah I still haven't received official SA correspondence...Then again I never received AOR for stage 1 either. Ecas still shows IP. Not quite sure how long of a wait it is. I'll take whatever they give me honestly. I'm just glad they're actually working on my application. I'm going to call the call centre Monday to see where my application really is. I'm curious to know if it got kept in Missisauga...

stardt

May 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-29-2015
AOR Received.
08-07-2015
File Transfer...
27-07-2015
Med's Done....
upfront
Hi everyone,

I just got SA recently and the email told me my package would be forwarded to CPC Ottawa. I did not include my FBI report originally and have been waiting til it was sent to Ottawa to send it along on advice from the forums about how/when to best forward that document.

My question is: does CPC Ottawa send another AOR? Like, AOR 2? Will anything change with my UCI or any other file number? Should I send it now/ASAP or wait until I get AOR2 from Ottawa?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
stardt said:
Hi everyone,

I just got SA recently and the email told me my package would be forwarded to CPC Ottawa. I did not include my FBI report originally and have been waiting til it was sent to Ottawa to send it along on advice from the forums about how/when to best forward that document.

My question is: does CPC Ottawa send another AOR? Like, AOR 2? Will anything change with my UCI or any other file number? Should I send it now/ASAP or wait until I get AOR2 from Ottawa?

I just realised that I did infact get informed that our application was going to Ottawa based on what you said. The visa office information was in my SA email. It said nothing on ECAS. Someone before was asking about visa office showing on ECAS.

I am pretty sure Ottawa never sends AOR 2 but this could depend on the country you are from. Most Ottawa applications are from the US so no AOR 2.

I believe they will request the FBI document. There is debate about whether it is better to send it as soon as you get it or send it when they request it. I personally feel it is better to send it on request, then there is less chance they will lose it. Others may disagree however.

stardt

May 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-29-2015
AOR Received.
08-07-2015
File Transfer...
27-07-2015
Med's Done....
upfront
Aquakitty said:
I just realised that I did infact get informed that our application was going to Ottawa based on what you said. The visa office information was in my SA email. It said nothing on ECAS. Someone before was asking about visa office showing on ECAS.

I am pretty sure Ottawa never sends AOR 2 but this could depend on the country you are from. Most Ottawa applications are from the US so no AOR 2.

I believe they will request the FBI document. There is debate about whether it is better to send it as soon as you get it or send it when they request it. I personally feel it is better to send it on request, then there is less chance they will lose it. Others may disagree however.
Thank you for the reply... Yes my wife is a US applicant, so that means no AOR2?
Honestly we will have 2 copies of the FBI report because a hiccup happened along the way so maybe I will send one now and then if they lose it, no biggie, I have another! And I don't mean photocopies I mean two actual reports that we sent away for two different times.

rugrat907

Feb 3, 2015
California
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2015
AOR Received.
25-04-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-11-2014, remeds on 04-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
COPR issued 21-12-2015
stardt said:
Hi everyone,

What Aquakitty said. ;-) And there won't be an AOR2 from Ottawa.

When you send it, make sure you include a cover letter that has all the identifying information possible so they hook it up with your file - so your name, your spouse or partner's name, UCI number, File number, dates of birth, etc....

jimmyche

May 7, 2015
ChellyCat said:
We have almost the exact same timeline! :)
Yeah, I have just noticed this as well.
I am the one right above you on the ottawa spreadsheet. I have left you a msg in the notes of the spreadsheet as well.

Question, on the ecas page, when u click on "in progress", does it show another line shows since when its in process? Mine currently only shows application and medical received.

cali2bc

Star Member
Feb 6, 2015
California, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2015
Doc's Request.
23-10-2015
AOR Received.
11-06-2015
File Transfer...
14-07-2015
Med's Done....
09-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-2015 (Decision Made 25-11-2015)
LANDED..........
08-02-2016
jimmyche said:
I am the one right above you on the ottawa spreadsheet. I have left you a msg in the notes of the spreadsheet as well.

Question, on the ecas page, when u click on "in progress", does it show another line shows since when its in process? Mine currently only shows application and medical received.
Mine shows "In Process" for Sponsorship Approval, and "In Process" for Permanent Residence. When I click on "In Process," is says
1. We received your application for permanent residence on May 12, 2015.
2. Medical results have been received.

There is no mention of a processing date.

gooh

Jul 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-3-2015
AOR Received.
23-4-2015
File Transfer...
29-4-2015
Med's Done....
5-2-2015
Passport Req..
In Process: 14-8-2015 DM: 15-12-2015
LANDED..........
21-12-2015
Which call center number was the best to use when wanting to ask to an agent about your app? I know it's always a gamble on whether you'll be told anything.

ChellyCat

Jan 8, 2015
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Feb-2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
06-April-2015
Med's Done....
27-April-2015
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
25-Sept-2015
LANDED..........
05-Oct-2015
Question for you all... Now that my app has changed to IP, I am starting to get a bit paranoid! Is it likely to get a rejection at this point if no documents were requested? If CIC doubted anything in my relationship, would I have received a request for more proof by now, or that's something you get once you're in process and someone is actually making a decision? I am starting to doubt a lot of the proof I sent in and wonder if I should be confident in a positive DM or not.

figtoria

Nov 19, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm sure you wouldn't get a rejection without a request for more information.

So, I'd relax as much as its possible - won't be long now.

:)

ChellyCat

Jan 8, 2015
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Feb-2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
06-April-2015
Med's Done....
27-April-2015
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
25-Sept-2015
LANDED..........
05-Oct-2015
jimmyche said:

Aww, just saw your note. Best of luck to you too!!!

Mine shows the same, just the date it was received and that medical was received.

ChellyCat

Jan 8, 2015
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Feb-2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
06-April-2015
Med's Done....
27-April-2015
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
25-Sept-2015
LANDED..........
05-Oct-2015
figtoria said:
I'm sure you wouldn't get a rejection without a request for more information.

So, I'd relax as much as its possible - won't be long now.

:)
Right, but would I have received the request by now, or I could still get it? (I did get a request for proof of sponsor's Canadian residence, but it looks like a lot of folks got the same email so I'm not too concerned about that.) Haha I know I need to relax, but easier said than done! ;)

Majromax

Nov 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2014-10-21
AOR Received.
2015-01-11 [Inland AOR rec'd 2014-11-19, corrected]
File Transfer...
2015-01-20 [CSQ applied Feb 9, issued Feb 19]
Passport Req..
[IP: 2015-06-10; DM: 2015-06-30]
VISA ISSUED...
2015-07-20
LANDED..........
2015-07-27
ChellyCat said:
Right, but would I have received the request by now, or I could still get it?
You could in theory get an information request at any point during the processing. As far as we can tell, the visa offices do not have a rigorously-standard "order" in which they process an individual file. (I'm sure there is some sort of policy, but it isn't observable to us.)

That said, there is very little that CPC-Ottawa typically requests of US applicants. American spouses and partners are simply not looked at skeptically, because there is no demand for US-origin marriage fraud. Document requests are typically for "paperwork" reasons, like your aformentioned reside-in-Canada proof, rather than areas that require a judgement call.

Haha I know I need to relax, but easier said than done! ;)
Yes. Your level of worry will not in any way affect the processing of your application, but it will make you feel like crap in the meantime. I speak very much from personal experience here.

It's difficult, but I recommend stepping away from eCAS for a while -- check maybe once a week. Constant reminders of the ongoing process for me only made things worse.

ChellyCat

Jan 8, 2015
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Feb-2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
06-April-2015
Med's Done....
27-April-2015
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
25-Sept-2015
LANDED..........
05-Oct-2015
Majromax said:
Yes. Your level of worry will not in any way affect the processing of your application, but it will make you feel like crap in the meantime. I speak very much from personal experience here.

It's difficult, but I recommend stepping away from eCAS for a while -- check maybe once a week. Constant reminders of the ongoing process for me only made things worse.
I got pretty good at laying off ECAS for a while, but now that I'm IP I know it'll be tough to not check for a DM every day! Maybe I'll aim for the Tuesday/Saturday check like someone mentioned, since those are the most common days it seems to update.