Oct 18, 2013
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
prairiegirl22 said:
Good news, someone on the London forum who was processed in Ottawa has had a Decision Made status pop up on ECAS. I believe she was a June 30th application, there is hope for us all yet!

Just seen that!thats great news!!

Hopefully we see some movement now!

spaceexp

Oct 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna-->Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
received by CIC 12-03-2014
AOR Received.
10-04-2014
File Transfer...
01-05-2014
Med's Done....
03-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-11-2014 (IP 18-11-2014, mailed 03-12-2014)
VISA ISSUED...
30-12-2014 , then again 13-02-2015 (DM 03-01-2015, PP&CoPR received 06-01-2015, returned to Ottawa because of a mistake, received again on 16-02-2015)
LANDED..........
16-02-2015
KarlR said:
we ordered our notes a few months back,and in them it said they were satisfied that the relationship was genuine?..we have cohabited together in Canada,Ireland and Australia,and been on a few vacations to other countries in between,so I can't really see them thinking it's not genuine.oh well,we'll wait and see I guess!
In that case I wouldn't be worried...

AmericanGirlinLove

Dec 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2014
Doc's Request.
22-08-2014
AOR Received.
22-05-2014
File Transfer...
03-06-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
16-03-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-04-2015
LANDED..........
27-04-2015
KarlR said:
Hey all,

So was having one of those depressed days where you can't stop thinking about your application!so I decided for the heck of it to try phone my MP,expecting them to just tell me to phone back after the 15 month processing time has passed.

Spoke to a very nice lady on the phone and basically just told her that I was worried about my Medicals expiring,as I had emailed ottawa about this a few times asking what to do but hadn't got any replies.
she took my details and then phoned me back a few hours later,telling me she had contacted The Ottawa visa office and spoke to someone there and asked about my application.they told her that they were currently working on my criminality checks and "relationship checks"(not sure what that means....)

Does anyone know how long criminality checks usually take?or what they mean by relationship checks?

Does this sound to anyone like they may be working on our applications,or that they just said that to her as a sort of a "yeah we're working on it...." Kinda thing?

Well,hopefully we all see some movement soon!

Was really grateful of that lady in the MP's office today for helping out.was a really nice feeling to know that she accually spoke to someone on the phone about my application and it's not lost or something!
Hello. I have a few questions for you as it seems we have similar timelines. My application was received June 3, 2014. I did my medical in March 2014. You said something about them expiring, how long are they valid before expiration? What is a criminality check? Is that something separate than the background checks received from the FBI?

Do you suggest contacting the MP or do you feel it would be a waste of time? You seemed to have gotten a little hope from your call. If I were to try and get in touch with someone, would you call the constituency office or the office in Ottawa?

KarlR

Star Member
Oct 18, 2013
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
AmericanGirlinLove said:
Hello. I have a few questions for you as it seems we have similar timelines. My application was received June 3, 2014. I did my medical in March 2014. You said something about them expiring, how long are they valid before expiration? What is a criminality check? Is that something separate than the background checks received from the FBI?

Do you suggest contacting the MP or do you feel it would be a waste of time? You seemed to have gotten a little hope from your call. If I were to try and get in touch with someone, would you call the constituency office or the office in Ottawa?
Hi there!
Your medical is only good for one year from the day you did them,NOT from the day immigration receives them...if they expire while you visa is in process,they will either extend them,or request you to do them again.

As far as I know,the criminality check that they do is a background check with the RCMP,but I'm not 100% on how the criminality checks work.as far as I know,you will have to get your own background checks from any countries you've lived in besides from Canada and then CIC will do their own backround check from any time you have spent in Canada with the RCMP.

To be honest I think it depends on who you talk to when you phone your MP's office.I was lucky enough to talk to a lady that was very helpful.she did tell me that normally they won't help unless you have been waiting longer than the processing time stated for your visa office on the immigration website (Ottawa is 15 months).

Although my MP's office couldn't do anything to speed up the process,it was a great boost in confidence to hear that she accually spoke to someone who reassured her that they are working on my application and it didn't get lost down the back of a filling cabinet somewhere!

I would say it's worth a shot and can't do any harm to call your MP.the worst they can do is tell you they can't help or not phone you back etc. And who knows,if a lot of us had our MP's contacting CIC,it might give them a push to start working on our applications instead of whatever other Visas are keeping them busy ;D

As for calling either constituency office or office in Ottawa...I'm sorry I don't know what the difference is!
I just phoned my local MP,there was two different numbers,I just phoned both till I got an awnser :)

Best of luck!let us know if you decide to try phone your MP and if you get any info!

-Karl

AmericanGirlinLove

Dec 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2014
Doc's Request.
22-08-2014
AOR Received.
22-05-2014
File Transfer...
03-06-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
16-03-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-04-2015
LANDED..........
27-04-2015
KarlR said:
Hi there!
Your medical is only good for one year from the day you did them,NOT from the day immigration receives them...if they expire while you visa is in process,they will either extend them,or request you to do them again.

As far as I know,the criminality check that they do is a background check with the RCMP,but I'm not 100% on how the criminality checks work.as far as I know,you will have to get your own background checks from any countries you've lived in besides from Canada and then CIC will do their own backround check from any time you have spent in Canada with the RCMP.

To be honest I think it depends on who you talk to when you phone your MP's office.I was lucky enough to talk to a lady that was very helpful.she did tell me that normally they won't help unless you have been waiting longer than the processing time stated for your visa office on the immigration website (Ottawa is 15 months).

Although my MP's office couldn't do anything to speed up the process,it was a great boost in confidence to hear that she accually spoke to someone who reassured her that they are working on my application and it didn't get lost down the back of a filling cabinet somewhere!

I would say it's worth a shot and can't do any harm to call your MP.the worst they can do is tell you they can't help or not phone you back etc. And who knows,if a lot of us had our MP's contacting CIC,it might give them a push to start working on our applications instead of whatever other Visas are keeping them busy ;D

As for calling either constituency office or office in Ottawa...I'm sorry I don't know what the difference is!
I just phoned my local MP,there was two different numbers,I just phoned both till I got an awnser :)

Best of luck!let us know if you decide to try phone your MP and if you get any info!

-Karl
Thanks for the info. I think I am going to contact them because my medical expires in 3 weeks. :-(

Medical: March 20, 2014
App sent: April 7.
AOR: June 3, 2014
Docs Req'/PPR: October 27, 2014
Docs Sent: December 26, 2014

Icy Empress

Oct 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-06-2014
Doc's Request.
3-15-2014
AOR Received.
13-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waived
So we received our case notes today and they seem to be waiting on our CSQ. We received our CSQ on Oct.15th 2014. On the letter it states that the CIC has been made aware of the issuance.

Are we meant to be sending them a physical copy? We never sent it as we thought it was all electronic. We are way past the due date so I plan on sending this tomorrow. However if anyone here has any experience with this it would be greatly appreciated.

Can we email them the documents they are asking for?

BeShoo

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2010
Gatineau
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2014
AOR Received.
28-02-2014
File Transfer...
03-03-2014
Med's Request
19-06-2014
Med's Done....
07-08-2014
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2015
LANDED..........
13-04-2015
Icy Empress said:
So we received our case notes today and they seem to be waiting on our CSQ. We received our CSQ on Oct.15th 2014. On the letter it states that the CIC has been made aware of the issuance.

Are we meant to be sending them a physical copy? We never sent it as we thought it was all electronic. We are way past the due date so I plan on sending this tomorrow. However if anyone here has any experience with this it would be greatly appreciated.

Can we email them the documents they are asking for?
We emailed our CSQ because that's what they asked us to do in June, but we took so long that they sent another request in October and in that one, they told us to mail it. When we finally did get it, we emailed it and haven't heard anything more from them since. I'm thinking about snail-mailing it as well, just in case.

Theoretically, Quebec does send the CSQ (or at least the information that it was approved) to the appropriate visa office, but I've heard of many people who had to send their extra copy because the visa office supposedly never got the one from the Quebec immigration office.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AmericanGirlinLove said:
Thanks for the info. I think I am going to contact them because my medical expires in 3 weeks. :-(

Medical: March 20, 2014
App sent: April 7.
AOR: June 3, 2014
Docs Req'/PPR: October 27, 2014
Docs Sent: December 26, 2014
For Ottawa applicants they usually extend them for a year pretty routinely. So unless you've had extensive travels abroad, I wouldn't worry about it (if you have let me know and I'll dig up the list of countries for which medicals can't be extended automatically).

Icy Empress

Oct 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-06-2014
Doc's Request.
3-15-2014
AOR Received.
13-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waived
BeShoo said:
We emailed our CSQ because that's what they asked us to do in June, but we took so long that they sent another request in October and in that one, they told us to mail it. When we finally did get it, we emailed it and haven't heard anything more from them since. I'm thinking about snail-mailing it as well, just in case.

Theoretically, Quebec does send the CSQ (or at least the information that it was approved) to the appropriate visa office, but I've heard of many people who had to send their extra copy because the visa office supposedly never got the one from the Quebec immigration office.
Thanks so much! I really appreciate the answer. I was really worried that our application would be refused and that we'd have to start over. Ok I'll email off the CSQ and snail mail possibly within a few days if I don't receive an answer :)

elchavo87

Sep 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-09-2014
AOR Received.
14-11-2014
File Transfer...
21-11-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
09-09-2014
Hello, people here have been talking about getting some "Notes" from CIC regarding their case. Can someone shed some light on what those notes are and how to get them?

Thanks!

blueangel371115

Champion Member
May 24, 2012
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
13-01-2014
Doc's Request.
10-02-2014
AOR Received.
17-07-2014
File Transfer...
17-07-2014
Med's Done....
02-12-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2015 (returned 1/19 due to errors), 26-01-2015
LANDED..........
05-02-2015 Finally
BeShoo said:

When I did mine in November the letter that the CIC sent requesting it and the letter from MIDI with the CSQ said I had to mail the CSQ to Ottawa myself. All they did was notify Ottawa I was approved and I received it on x date.

Icy Empress

Oct 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-06-2014
Doc's Request.
3-15-2014
AOR Received.
13-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waived
Thanks Blueangel! I sent them by post on Friday as I figured I'd cover all my bases.

Caroline T.

Oct 19, 2013
Australia
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/202014
Med's Done....
01/11/2014
elchavo87 said:
Hello, people here have been talking about getting some "Notes" from CIC regarding their case. Can someone shed some light on what those notes are and how to get them?

Thanks!

GCMS (Global Case Maagement System) notes or ATIP (Access to Information and Privacy) notes. They are the notes that visa officers make on your file, you can order them from CIC, they cost 5 dollars to have them e-mailed and I think about 30 for post. Here's a link to CIC https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do but it takes 30 days for you to get them.

mandy_28115

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 29,2014
Doc's Request.
Sept 13 2014
AOR Received.
September 26,2014
File Transfer...
November5, 2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Aug 15, 2014
LANDED..........
May 24, 2015
KarlR said:
Hey all,

So was having one of those depressed days where you can't stop thinking about your application!so I decided for the heck of it to try phone my MP,expecting them to just tell me to phone back after the 15 month processing time has passed.

Spoke to a very nice lady on the phone and basically just told her that I was worried about my Medicals expiring,as I had emailed ottawa about this a few times asking what to do but hadn't got any replies.
she took my details and then phoned me back a few hours later,telling me she had contacted The Ottawa visa office and spoke to someone there and asked about my application.they told her that they were currently working on my criminality checks and "relationship checks"(not sure what that means....)

Does anyone know how long criminality checks usually take?or what they mean by relationship checks?

Does this sound to anyone like they may be working on our applications,or that they just said that to her as a sort of a "yeah we're working on it...." Kinda thing?

Well,hopefully we all see some movement soon!

Was really grateful of that lady in the MP's office today for helping out.was a really nice feeling to know that she accually spoke to someone on the phone about my application and it's not lost or something!

May I ask who your MP or what area are you in? I went to the one for Renfrew county and was given no help.

KarlR

Star Member
Oct 18, 2013
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
mandy_28115 said:
May I ask who your MP or what area are you in? I went to the one for Renfrew county and was given no help.

I live in the cariboo in BC,my MP is dick Harris.

Yeah I have heard it depends on who you get,as some of them arnt interested.what exactly did they say?id keep bugging them.