AOR Received.
31-10-2013
File Transfer...
15-07-2014 ->LA
Interview........
Maybe
kittyandpipit said:
how did you find out?
We emailed the VO and they response after one week.

chala said:
I applied in April 2013. I received PPR in October 2013. My file was transferred to LA in January 2014 where it sat for months gathering dust. In June 2014 someone in LA finally decided to look at my file after which they scheduled an interview for August. This has been a very frustrating process for us to say the least. From the latest GCMS notes it appears that they have some minor concerns about a non-accompanying dependent. To us this was not enough to justify such a long delay in processing nor the added burden of flying to LA for a 30 minute interview.
I don't think you will have any trouble returning to Canada after your interview if you are from a visa exempt country, but you can never be certain.
It is such a long waiting. Good luck on your interview.

michellestella

Apr 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa --> Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2013
Doc's Request.
27-01-2014
AOR Received.
25-06-2013, sponsorship approved 08-07-2013
File Transfer...
13-03-2014 transferred to LA
Interview........
04-09-2014
Passport Req..
24-09-2014, decision made 08-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2014, arrived 14-11-2014
LANDED..........
14-11-2014
simonliang said:
We emailed the VO and they response after one week.
Which VO did you email, Ottawa or Los Angeles? Did the Ottawa office tell you that the file had been sent to LA? Or did you sort of guess that it had been sent to LA and ask them directly?

toughguy

Jul 24, 2014
rhcohen2014 said:
when status changes to decision made and there is no interview request, the result is favorable. If CIC had concerns, they would have given you the opportunity to respond or schedule an interview.

If you take a look at the ottawa spreadsheet, you will notice that the visa office seems to be skipping over the passport request for some applications. my guess is you'll be getting the COPR within 1 week's time in the mail. congrats!
Thank you. i was really worried because it only took like not even 5 whole month .
Are they going to send that in regular mail or in email because my wife moved to different address in USA and i send then notice of address change but they haven't changed it online and i send them email regarding the address change but no reply yet so I am just worried it might go to old address. Is there anyway i can conform with them how did they send it?
I am hoping for good news. i will keep you guys posted

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
toughguy said:
Thank you. i was really worried because it only took like not even 5 whole month .
Are they going to send that in regular mail or in email because my wife moved to different address in USA and i send then notice of address change but they haven't changed it online and i send them email regarding the address change but no reply yet so I am just worried it might go to old address. Is there anyway i can conform with them how did they send it?
yep... that's how quickly applications are currently being processed!

from what i understand, the COPR gets mailed to the applicant by regular mail (no signature needed), and it's a brown envelope from immigration.

simonliang

Jun 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA->LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1-10-2013
AOR Received.
31-10-2013
File Transfer...
15-07-2014 ->LA
Interview........
Maybe
michellestella said:
Which VO did you email, Ottawa or Los Angeles? Did the Ottawa office tell you that the file had been sent to LA? Or did you sort of guess that it had been sent to LA and ask them directly?
We email Ottawa and they told us that our file has been transferred to LA.

Zarilenth

Oct 18, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
01-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-06-2014; COPR received 27-06-2014
LANDED..........
30-07-2014
toughguy said:
I would send another email if you don't receive the COPR within a week. I changed the address for my American husband and it updated on ECAS within 2 weeks, and his COPR went to the updated address. As yours is not updated, I would think it would go to the old address.. Send an 'urgent' email about it, and hopefully they will respond quickly.

Albertan

Jan 4, 2014
Zarilenth said:
I would send another email if you don't receive the COPR within a week. I changed the address for my American husband and it updated on ECAS within 2 weeks, and his COPR went to the updated address. As yours is not updated, I would think it would go to the old address.. Send an 'urgent' email about it, and hopefully they will respond quickly.
Hi Zarilenth,

Can you please update my timelines in the spread sheet please?

Application Sent: 09/05/2014
Application Received: 13/05/2014
Stage 1 AOR: 09/07/2014
SA: 18-Jul-2014
Ecas changed to Medical Received: 22-Jul-2014

Thanks.

Zarilenth

Oct 18, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
01-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
30-07-2014
Albertan said:
Hi Zarilenth,

Can you please update my timelines in the spread sheet please?

Application Sent: 09/05/2014
Application Received: 13/05/2014
Stage 1 AOR: 09/07/2014
SA: 18-Jul-2014
Ecas changed to Medical Received: 22-Jul-2014

Thanks.
Updated for you :)

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
toughguy said:
Hi there i here for one question i hope u guys can help. Actually i applied for sponsorship for my wife on Feb 15 and she is in USA and last Saturday it went to in process and then now decision made yesterday. They haven't even asked for passport yet. I am really worried. It says decision made and will contact to applicant. what are the chances it got approved or not. Plz help me. and also it says medical received too.
Canadian immigration will contact you if there is an issue. A "decision made" without any contact typically means you are one of the lucky people who gets the Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) in the mail without any additional documents being requested.

toughguy

Jul 24, 2014
rhcohen2014 said:
yep... that's how quickly applications are currently being processed!

from what i understand, the COPR gets mailed to the applicant by regular mail (no signature needed), and it's a brown envelope from immigration.
yes that is crazy. It is really fast.

Zarilenth said:

I just send them an Urgent email . I hope this time they will reply back. I was wondering how would i know they will be sending in mail or email because i was looking around and lots of people were getting passport request via email.

computergeek said:
Canadian immigration will contact you if there is an issue. A "decision made" without any contact typically means you are one of the lucky people who gets the Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) in the mail without any additional documents being requested.
thank you and i really hope i am lucky as you said but i am still scared. I will let you guys know about this.

Zarilenth

Oct 18, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
01-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
30-07-2014
toughguy said:
I just send them an Urgent email . I hope this time they will reply back. I was wondering how would i know they will be sending in mail or email because i was looking around and lots of people were getting passport request via email.

thank you and i really hope i am lucky as you said but i am still scared. I will let you guys know about this.
PPR will always come by email unless you didn't list an email in your application. COPR will always come by mail, because you need the physical document.
Don't be scared.

toughguy

Jul 24, 2014
Zarilenth said:
PPR will always come by email unless you didn't list an email in your application. COPR will always come by mail, because you need the physical document.
Don't be scared.
ok... i am hoping that email will come soon. Do u have any idea how long usually it takes to send email at ppr. thank you.

Zarilenth

Oct 18, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
01-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
30-07-2014
toughguy said:
ok... i am hoping that email will come soon. Do u have any idea how long usually it takes to send email at ppr. thank you.
If you got DM on ecas then you will not be getting a passport request. You will get your COPR in the mail. :)

canadaukr

Jun 24, 2014
AAAAAHHHH!! I just got an e-mail from immigration with "Ready for Visa" in the topic. We sent documents to Mississauga on the 26th of February and the file was transferred from there to Ottawa instead of Ukraine on the 4th of April (stage 2).

"The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. The following is required to complete your application.

STEP 1: STATUS CHANGE (If none of these conditions applies to you, you may proceed to STEP 2)
STEP 2: PASSPORT(S) REQUEST
STEP 3: SUBMITTING DOCUMENTS If you and your dependants reside in Canada
Submit all documents by MAIL in a single package.
The requested information/documents must be received in our office within 60 days from the date of this letter."

Is this good, right? I checked ECAS - no change, just "we received your application and medical results received".
I will mail everything first thing in the morning.

How long will it take them to mail my passport with COPR back? approx? it won`t stay there for many months, right?
How long is usually COPR valid for when it arrives?
I`m excited and hope I won`t have to wait long for everything to be done.