March-26-2013
Interview........
August-12-2014 (passed)
Passport Req..
September-24-2014
VISA ISSUED...
October-03-2014
saintsim1 said:
I feel so reassured right now ;D. All jokes asides, process at cic couldn't be anymore random!
I only wonder how many visa officers are there in Ottawa office working on immigration applications. I can approximate the number of cases from last year's statistics. But how many people work there? 20? 50? 100? Such a mist!

Saneth

Star Member
Jul 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-10-2013
AOR Received.
23-10-2013
File Transfer...
06-11-2013
Med's Done....
24-09-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2014
LANDED..........
16-05-2014
OMG OMG OMG!!!!!! I checked my application status with e-CAS this morning expecting to see the usual "Application Received" message (even though I got my PPR on 4/17) . . . . .

And the status has changed to DECISION MADE!!!!!! Of course it doesn't say what the decision is, but I'm guessing I'm getting my COPR!!!!!

Jokers

Mar 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-09-2013
Med's Done....
28-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-04-2014
LANDED..........
Saneth said:
OMG OMG OMG!!!!!! I checked my application status with e-CAS this morning expecting to see the usual "Application Received" message (even though I got my PPR on 4/17) . . . . .

And the status has changed to DECISION MADE!!!!!! Of course it doesn't say what the decision is, but I'm guessing I'm getting my COPR!!!!!
WOO HOO! Congrats! ;D Keep us updated when you actually get your COPR in the mail! I'm curious to see how long it takes!

Zarilenth

Oct 18, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
01-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-06-2014; COPR received 27-06-2014
LANDED..........
30-07-2014
Saneth said:

Congrats!! :) You're so close to being done!

Saneth

Star Member
Jul 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-10-2013
AOR Received.
23-10-2013
File Transfer...
06-11-2013
Med's Done....
24-09-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2014
LANDED..........
16-05-2014
The only issue is that I advised my husband, who is currently in Canada, to update his address to reflect his Canadian address. On the eCAS website, instead of showing my US address, it now shows his Canadian address. I'm guessing my COPR will now be mailed to his Canadian address instead of my US address.

He is coming to help me pack on 5/5 and we're starting the drive from California to Toronto on 5/12. We didn't know when I'd get my COPR so we made arrangements to store all my goods in Port Huron until it came. If I knew I'd have the COPR in hand we could just drive everything across the border. Now I think he'll be leaving too soon to have my COPR in hand, if it's mailed to the Canada address. So we'll still probably have to store the stuff.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Saneth said:
The only issue is that I advised my husband, who is currently in Canada, to update his address to reflect his Canadian address. On the eCAS website, instead of showing my US address, it now shows his Canadian address. I'm guessing my COPR will now be mailed to his Canadian address instead of my US address.
That would be the hope, but I strongly encourage you to set up forwarding on your US address, because CIC has been known to send correspondence to old addresses MONTHS or YEARS after they were updated.

Saneth said:
He is coming to help me pack on 5/5 and we're starting the drive from California to Toronto on 5/12. We didn't know when I'd get my COPR so we made arrangements to store all my goods in Port Huron until it came. If I knew I'd have the COPR in hand we could just drive everything across the border. Now I think he'll be leaving too soon to have my COPR in hand, if it's mailed to the Canada address. So we'll still probably have to store the stuff.
CBSA will be able to see that you have been issued a COPR in the computers as well. While they cannot land you without the document, they tend to be lenient in such situations. Though whether or not they would permit you to bring all your worldly goods with you might be up for debate.

Saneth

Star Member
Jul 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-10-2013
AOR Received.
23-10-2013
File Transfer...
06-11-2013
Med's Done....
24-09-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2014
LANDED..........
16-05-2014
After checking with my husband, it seems that CIC initiated the address change on their own, as neither my husband nor I submitted a change of address - that is, when my husband moved to Toronto in December he updated his address, but neither one of us has initiated an address change since that time.

So wouldn't CIC send the COPD to my US address as I have not changed it on my end?

Florida Bear

Star Member
Jul 18, 2013
St. Petersburg, Florida
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2013
AOR Received.
29-08-2013
File Transfer...
09-09-2013
Med's Done....
06-08-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2014
Saneth said:

Congratulations!! That's fantastic!!

little_apple

Jun 11, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna/Austria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 20, 2013
Doc's Request.
June 4, 2013 & February 18, 2014
AOR Received.
May 5, 2013
File Transfer...
May 27, 2013
Med's Done....
April 4, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
exempt
VISA ISSUED...
April 17, 2014
LANDED..........
in Calgary since March 29, 2012. Landed as PR May 3, 2014
Saneth said:
After checking with my husband, it seems that CIC initiated the address change on their own, as neither my husband nor I submitted a change of address - that is, when my husband moved to Toronto in December he updated his address, but neither one of us has initiated an address change since that time.

So wouldn't CIC send the COPD to my US address as I have not changed it on my end?
My COPR was sent to our old address although I changed ecas to our new address in June 2013! My old landlord didn't accept the delivery of the letter and so it was back at the post office, ready to go back to Vienna. I just caught it yesterday because I asked Vienna, where they sent the COPR to. They answered me yesterday (4 days later).

So you better write Ottawa and ask them. Vienna sent my COPR on April 17th and it arrived on April 29th.

Congrats :)

Mramajohn

Apr 1, 2014
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 20, 2013
Doc's Request.
Dec 26, 2013
AOR Received.
Dec 18, 2013
File Transfer...
Feb 5, 2014
Med's Done....
July 2, 2013
Can anybody give me some abbreviation and what they stand for that is used in this forum, like COPR, or SA and many more please. I'm a newbie here. Thank u

Jokers

Mar 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-09-2013
Med's Done....
28-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-04-2014
LANDED..........
AOR - Acknowledgement of Receipt
CAIPS - Computer Assisted Immigration Processing System. This is the computer system used by Citizenship and Immigration Canada for storing all overseas visa application information. This system records every bit of information you provide. It is like an electronic identity; existence of the applicant. This is very helpful when anything abnormal happens (e.g. delay in reply, lack of updation, long processing time). It is also helpful when you are selected for the interview. You can know the probable cause of interview requirement by obtaining the CAIPS notes.
CANN - Community Airport Newcomers' Network
CELPIP - Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program. This is one of only two English language testing organizations approved by CIC (IELTS is the other). CELPIP testing is only available in Canada (Vancouver and Toronto) and China.
CPP - Canada Pension Plan
CIC - Citizenship and Immigration Canada
CICIC - Canadian Information Centre for International Credentials
CIDA - Canadian International Development Agency
COPR - Confirmation of Permanent Resident Form
CSQ - Certificate du Selection du Quebec (Quebec Certificate of Selection)
DMP - Designated Medical Practitioner. Under the Skilled Worker Program application all family members must undergo a medical exam, performed by a doctor that has been approved by Citizenship and Immigration Canada.
IRPA - Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
IRPR - Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations
EAL - English as an Additional Language
e-CAS - e-Client Application Status. This on-line service allows CIC clients to view securely the status of immigration and/or citizenship application(s) on-line, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You may use this service if you have sponsored a member of the family class, applied for permanent residence from within or outside Canada, applied for a permanent resident card (initial, replacement or renewal), applied for a grant of Canadian citizenship, or applied for a proof of Canadian citizenship.
EFL - English as a Foreign Language
EI - Employment Insurance (also sometimes referred to as unemployment insurance)
ELT - English Language Training/Teaching
ESL - English as a Second Language
ESOL - English for Speakers of Other Languages
ESP - English for Specific Purposes
GIC - Guaranteed Investment Certificate
GST - Goods and Services Tax
H&C grounds - Humanitarian and Compassionate grounds. In the case of Canadian immigration, refers to section A25(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. Any person who does not comply with the three categories of immigration to Canada (family, economic and refugee) may ask to be considered for immigration selection on H&C grounds.
HRDC (see HRSDC) - former Human Resources Development Canada
HRSDC - Human Resources and Skills Development Canada. The government agency responsible for performing both Arranged Employment Opinions and Labour Market Opinions for the purposes of obtaining employment confirmation letters. Such letters may be required by Skilled Worker applicants when attempting to qualify for the additional ten points under the Arranged Employment Factor.
ICCS - International Council for Canadian Studies
ID - Identification
IELTS - International English Language Testing System. One of only two English language testing organizations approved by CIC (CELPIP is the other). Note that Skilled Worker applicants will want to complete the IELTS 'General Training' exams, not the 'Academic Training' exams.
IRPA - Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.
MSP - Medical Services Plan
NOC - National Occupational Classification
NGO - Non-Governmental Organization
OLA - Open Learning Agency
PST - Provincial Sales Tax
RCMP - Royal Canadian Mounted Police
RRPF - Right of Permanent Residence Fee
RRSP - Registered Retirement Savings Plan
SIN -Social Insurance Number
SWP - Skilled Worker Program
TEF - Test d'Evaluation de Français. The only French language testing organization approved by CIC. Note that Skilled Workers are to complete the following tests: Comprehension Ocrite / Comprehension Orale / Expression Ecrite / Expression Orale.
VSO - Voluntary Services Overseas
WCB - Workers' Compensation Board
YMCA - Young Men's Christian Association
YWCA - Young Women's Christian Association
IA-Intial Assessment
PPR-Passport Request

(Copy and pasted a post by Mikeramma)

saintsim1

Star Member
Nov 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-10-2013
Doc's Request.
04-16-2014
AOR Received.
10-29-2013
File Transfer...
10-29-2013
Med's Done....
08-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-21-2014
LANDED..........
Saneth said:

Congrats!!!!!!

Saneth

Star Member
Jul 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-10-2013
AOR Received.
23-10-2013
File Transfer...
06-11-2013
Med's Done....
24-09-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2014
LANDED..........
16-05-2014
little_apple said:
My COPR was sent to our old address although I changed ecas to our new address in June 2013! My old landlord didn't accept the delivery of the letter and so it was back at the post office, ready to go back to Vienna. I just caught it yesterday because I asked Vienna, where they sent the COPR to. They answered me yesterday (4 days later).

So you better write Ottawa and ask them. Vienna sent my COPR on April 17th and it arrived on April 29th.

Congrats :)
There's a letter from CIC at my husband's Toronto address, so I'm guessing they sent it there. When he gets home and opens it up we'll find out.

kateee

Star Member
Aug 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-09-2013
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
& SA: 10-10-2013
Med's Done....
28-08-2013
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2014 ; reissued 21-05-2014
LANDED..........
planning for 11-06-2014!!!
Does anyone know the email address for Ottawa? I just had my name changed on my passport and need to email a copy of the new bio page.... I haven't gotten anything by email from Ottawa, so if anyone could share the email address that would be great!!!

saintsim1

Star Member
Nov 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-10-2013
Doc's Request.
04-16-2014
AOR Received.
10-29-2013
File Transfer...
10-29-2013
Med's Done....
08-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-21-2014
LANDED..........
Saneth said:
There's a letter from CIC at my husband's Toronto address, so I'm guessing they sent it there. When he gets home and opens it up we'll find out.
Huuummmmmm...........