+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CPP-Ottawa

cam1234

Star Member
Jul 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Talk about never ending aggravation...

So CPP mailed my COPR a month ago and I never received it. I write to them begging they send another one... Got an email saying they will have to wait 90 days to see if the one they sent is returned... By that time I should have only 2 months left on my COPR before it expires... and they still have to mail it to me.

Don't understand, they want to send mail through the cheapest way possible via Canada Post, why not pay 50 cents or so, to get tracking information???? Better yet, they charge us so much, why not another $50 so they send the letter via FedEx?? Which applicant would say no?

Hope the application of everyone else is moving along nicely.
Cam

Robin35

Jul 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2013
AOR Received.
12-09-2013
Med's Done....
15-08-2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 28-03-2014
LANDED..........
10-04-2014
We got COPR Today in the mail .. it was mailed March 28th :D So 9 days total

kateee

Star Member
Aug 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-09-2013
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
& SA: 10-10-2013
Med's Done....
28-08-2013
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2014 ; reissued 21-05-2014
LANDED..........
planning for 11-06-2014!!!
No action from Ottawa lately, huh? After seeing so many August and a few September applicants move along, I'm (im)patiently waiting to hear something (Sept 25,2013)... :p :p :p

Patience09

Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 06 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 06 2014
File Transfer...
Jan 13 2014
Med's Done....
Nov 18 2013
kateee said:
No action from Ottawa lately, huh? After seeing so many August and a few September applicants move along, I'm (im)patiently waiting to hear something (Sept 25,2013)... :p :p :p

What's that leave for me?!?! (Dec 2013) :-X I hope Ottawa picks up the pace again!

dozel

Star Member
Feb 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa --> LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May-30-2013
AOR Received.
June-03-2013
Med's Done....
March-26-2013
Interview........
August-12-2014 (passed)
Passport Req..
September-24-2014
VISA ISSUED...
October-03-2014
Patience09 said:
What's that leave for me?!?! (Dec 2013) :-X I hope Ottawa picks up the pace again!
What's that leave for me?!?!??!??!? (May 30, 2013)

Patience09

Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 06 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 06 2014
File Transfer...
Jan 13 2014
Med's Done....
Nov 18 2013
dozel said:
What's that leave for me?!?!??!??!? (May 30, 2013)
Oh gosh, any indication why it might be taking this long for you Dozel? Have you ordered notes?

I hope I didn't seem like a complaining brat with my comment..

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
Cbshk48 said:
Thanks for the reply! Glad to hear this. I will also be driving but listing my car as goods to follow, do you think they will give me a hard time about it?
Nah, they shouldn't. They will probably ask if you are importing now, or at a later date. I think you have 30 or 60 days to import your car from the time you land. Pretty sure it's 30 days, be sure to ask about that at the border, they may even have some resources for you. (Our POE was filled with pompous people, so we didn't get anything like that)

chala

Mar 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa - LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2013
AOR Received.
15-04-2013
File Transfer...
25-04-2013
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
09-01-2013 ext till 2015
Interview........
Aug 5-2014 passed
Passport Req..
21-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-11-2014
LANDED..........
Dec 8, 2014
Patience09 said:
Oh gosh, any indication why it might be taking this long for you Dozel? Have you ordered notes?

I hope I didn't seem like a complaining brat with my comment..
Some of the applicants may have had their files transferred to LA for no apparent reason, which is what happened to my app. Go figure. What it adds to the wait time is anybody's guess. !!

katester

Oct 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottowa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 12, 2013
Doc's Request.
March 4 & April 9, 2014
File Transfer...
September 12, 2013
Med's Done....
June 4, 2013 extended until May1, 2015!!!
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
June 6,2014!!
LANDED..........
April 2,2015
Hi guys, I REALLY need some help. I got an email today and it seems very confusing. I applies for the family class PR class. In the email it says something about how I do not meet the requirements for Refugee class. I will paste my email. Please help me understand what they are trying to tell me?!

I have reviewed your application for a permanent resident visa as a member of the family class. It appears that you may not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.

I have determined that you may be a person who is found to be inadmissible to Canada by virtue of the fact that you appear to be unable to comply with all the requirements of the Immigration Refugee Protection Act and the Regulations, specifically section 39 of the Act, which states that:

39. A foreign national is inadmissible for financial reasons if they are or will be unable or unwilling to support them self or any other person who is dependent on them, and have not satisfied an officer that adequate arrangements for care and support, other than those that involve social assistance, have been made.

Before I make a final decision, you may submit any documentation and information addressing the issue of adequate financial arrangements for care and support (not involving social assistance) are in place for yourself and your dependents (if applicable) in Canada. This may include but is not limited to paystubs, employment letters, and tax documents including the most recent notice of assessment (NOA) for both you and your sponsor. Please submit this via mail to the address below.

Subsection 11(1) of the Act provides that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or any other document required by the regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act.

The onus is on you to satisfy me that an immigrant visa can be issued to you. I would therefore request that you send any information or documents which you consider might respond to this concern within sixty (30) days. Please quote your complete application number on your correspondence and address your correspondence to CPC-Ottawa at the address indicated below. If you choose not to respond with additional information I will make my decision based on the information before me, which may result in the refusal of your application.

I hope to hear from you within thirty (30) days. Thank you for the interest you have shown in

I just want to add that my husband doesn't make a lot of money. He is in the Canadian Army. He is being considered for a promotion but have no way to show this until it happens. Would an email showing that he applies for the promotion work ? I can't work in Canada yet so I won't have a Canadian tax record, but I am working in the states. Can I show them the certificates I have to get a stable job in Canada? Or show our bank statements? I will not go on assistance. Once my husband get his promotion and I get a job our income will double. Please help, my heart is breaking. All I want is to be with my husband.

katester

Oct 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottowa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 12, 2013
Doc's Request.
March 4 & April 9, 2014
File Transfer...
September 12, 2013
Med's Done....
June 4, 2013 extended until May1, 2015!!!
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
June 6,2014!!
LANDED..........
April 2,2015
Ok, after my mini freak out. I did more research and now have more questions.

I was just asked to provide proof of funds. I saw the cic website showing how much funds for size of family. I have no children, my husband is sponsoring only me. So are we on the "family of 1"? If so, our total savings is about $900 shy of the needed amount. If I give them proof of my pay tubs here in the US and show that I plan to work in the US for 3 more months even if approve. Will this be good enough to prove when I actually land we will not only have the needed amount, but more. Will bank statements, pay statements and a signed statement from me be good enough? Or do I need the exact amount in hand today in order to be approved?

As a side note, the reason I will work longer even if approved is because my Canadian husband is in the military. We won't be able to even live together until that time. So I might as well work. Please advise!

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
katester said:
Ok, after my mini freak out. I did more research and now have more questions.

I was just asked to provide proof of funds. I saw the cic website showing how much funds for size of family. I have no children, my husband is sponsoring only me. So are we on the "family of 1"? If so, our total savings is about $900 shy of the needed amount. If I give them proof of my pay tubs here in the US and show that I plan to work in the US for 3 more months even if approve. Will this be good enough to prove when I actually land we will not only have the needed amount, but more. Will bank statements, pay statements and a signed statement from me be good enough? Or do I need the exact amount in hand today in order to be approved?

As a side note, the reason I will work longer even if approved is because my Canadian husband is in the military. We won't be able to even live together until that time. So I might as well work. Please advise!
You should demonstrate that you currently earn a living in the US - paystubs, US W-2s, etc. The visa officer's concern is that you will require social assistance so your goal should be to demonstrate that your sponsor and you both have sufficient assets and skills to "earn a living". I've heard of people receiving similar requests in the past, but I've never heard of anyone being refused on this basis.

So submit your bank statements, evidence of your earnings in the US, etc. I'm assuming you already submitted your sponsor's Option C printout.

One other thing: contact the MP for your sponsor's riding. Having CIC refuse the spouse/partner of an active military member would be a disgraceful way to treat that person (it sounds like a political nightmare if you were to be refused).

In the end, I wouldn't expect this to be a real issue. Plus, once resolved, you are likely to be approved.

dozel

Star Member
Feb 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa --> LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May-30-2013
AOR Received.
June-03-2013
Med's Done....
March-26-2013
Interview........
August-12-2014 (passed)
Passport Req..
September-24-2014
VISA ISSUED...
October-03-2014
chala said:
Some of the applicants may have had their files transferred to LA for no apparent reason, which is what happened to my app. Go figure. What it adds to the wait time is anybody's guess. !!
I think mine has been transferred to LA as well. And I learned that only the applicants that may be required an interview in the future will be transferred to LA for further "investigation". hehe. not sure if that's true.

Patience09

Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 06 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 06 2014
File Transfer...
Jan 13 2014
Med's Done....
Nov 18 2013
dozel said:
I think mine has been transferred to LA as well. And I learned that only the applicants that may be required an interview in the future will be transferred to LA for further "investigation". hehe. not sure if that's true.
Good grief, so apart from ordering your notes, there is no way to know if they transferred your file to LA unless they send you some communication??

I swear I've seen people who were in LA but didn't do an interview :eek:

How confusing

dozel

Star Member
Feb 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa --> LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May-30-2013
AOR Received.
June-03-2013
Med's Done....
March-26-2013
Interview........
August-12-2014 (passed)
Passport Req..
September-24-2014
VISA ISSUED...
October-03-2014
Patience09 said:
Good grief, so apart from ordering your notes, there is no way to know if they transferred your file to LA unless they send you some communication??

I swear I've seen people who were in LA but didn't do an interview :eek:

How confusing
I haven't ordered any GCMS notes. The immigration law firm doesn't recommend ordering the note. They think it may cause suspension. I personally don't believe it's true, but I don't want to do things around the people we hired. So........ I'm suffering from knowing nothing.