5-2-2013
Passport Req..
3-9-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2014
Buffy2323 said:
THANKS!! Sorry they have requested more docs, that stinks. What are they asking for now? I hope it is speedy for you!!
When we applied, we sent all my wife's financial information along with it. She is on ODSP, which according to CIC, isn't considered social assistance at all. My wife also works to supplement her income, which she is allowed to do. Her sponsorship was approved with no issues. As the applicant, I'm not legally allowed to work in Canada, or even look for work in Canada, until my PR goes through. We have very clear plans as to what we will do once I land. Although I'm not allowed to apply for work, I do have several leads that I will be following after landing. Eventually, when both of us are working, we plan on getting off ODSP all together. However, almost two months after receiving PPR, I have suddenly been asked to provide proof of financial support in Canada. I have no assets of my own, so I would be relying on my wife exclusively until I could apply for work. We're trying to put together all the documents again, as well as a letter of intent showing our exact plans, and testimonials from family and friends in Canada, showing that we will not be going on welfare. I've never been on social assistance of any kind before. So, this document request means probably another month of waiting. We've had no other document requests other than PPR through the whole process.

NicAnn

Oct 9, 2012
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
March 24 2013
AOR Received.
April 17 2013
File Transfer...
April 22 2013
Med's Request
extended 1 yr
Med's Done....
Dec 15 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Oct 10, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
COPR Jan 21, 2014
LANDED..........
Feb 2nd, 2014 EH! :-D
Passport2Canada said:
When we applied, we sent all my wife's financial information along with it. She is on ODSP, which according to CIC, isn't considered social assistance at all. My wife also works to supplement her income, which she is allowed to do. Her sponsorship was approved with no issues. As the applicant, I'm not legally allowed to work in Canada, or even look for work in Canada, until my PR goes through. We have very clear plans as to what we will do once I land. Although I'm not allowed to apply for work, I do have several leads that I will be following after landing. Eventually, when both of us are working, we plan on getting off ODSP all together. However, almost two months after receiving PPR, I have suddenly been asked to provide proof of financial support in Canada. I have no assets of my own, so I would be relying on my wife exclusively until I could apply for work. We're trying to put together all the documents again, as well as a letter of intent showing our exact plans, and testimonials from family and friends in Canada, showing that we will not be going on welfare. I've never been on social assistance of any kind before. So, this document request means probably another month of waiting. We've had no other document requests other than PPR through the whole process.
What a tedious process all of this is, but I realize that they don't really know any of us so they want to do things the right way to protect the country and the economy, and even though it's a pain, I am grateful they are trying to be thorough about it. Hopefully all of this will be over soon and you will be together with all of this behind you soon. :)

Buffy2323

Dec 16, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2013
AOR Received.
01-03-2013
File Transfer...
15-03-2013
Med's Done....
31-01-2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
28-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 13-09-2013; Visa Received 21-10-2013
LANDED..........
26-10-2013
Passport2Canada said:
I'm so sorry, it sounds like hassle after hassle! The plan you have and the supporting documents seem to be very thorough so hopefully that will be enough and they will process and get you through quickly. Please keep us posted.

Buffy2323

Dec 16, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2013
AOR Received.
01-03-2013
File Transfer...
15-03-2013
Med's Done....
31-01-2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
28-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
26-10-2013
chala said:
Hello All Just got PPR today!!! Yipee !!! we are soo excited. !! Now Nicann and Buffy can update me on the spreadsheets. Thanks.
I updated both of us this morning. You are GREEN. :)

chala

Mar 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa - LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2013
AOR Received.
15-04-2013
File Transfer...
25-04-2013
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
09-01-2013 ext till 2015
Interview........
Aug 5-2014 passed
Passport Req..
21-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-11-2014
LANDED..........
Dec 8, 2014
Buffy2323 said:
I updated both of us this morning. You are GREEN. :)
Thanks Buffy . Feels good to change from the blue and now looking forward to the yellow :) :)
Happy Landing.

chala

Mar 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa - LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2013
AOR Received.
15-04-2013
File Transfer...
25-04-2013
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
09-01-2013 ext till 2015
Interview........
Aug 5-2014 passed
Passport Req..
21-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-11-2014
LANDED..........
Dec 8, 2014
nortena said:
Congratulations..!!!

Thanks Norena and best of luck to you . Here's hoping you get speedy processing. :)

Passport2Canada

Star Member
Sep 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-2-2013
AOR Received.
25-2-2013
Med's Done....
5-2-2013
Passport Req..
3-9-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2014
Buffy2323 said:
I'm so sorry, it sounds like hassle after hassle! The plan you have and the supporting documents seem to be very thorough so hopefully that will be enough and they will process and get you through quickly. Please keep us posted.

Yes, definitely a hassle. We have almost all the documents we can possibly put together, and will be sending them in the next few days. Meanwhile, next week I have to return to the US and I'm not sure how long I will have to stay. Originally, we thought that the PPR meant we were close to the end, and so I made plans to stay as a visitor for as long as possible, hoping I could just flagpole. Now though, I have to go home and try to wait it out. My wife can only stay with me for a month in the US because ODSP won't allow you to leave for more than 30 days or they flag you and cut off support until you return to Canada. So she will have to return by December. Pretty much everything with immigration is a disruption to our lives. No matter what plans we try to make, theres always something related to CIC and Customs that makes it a pain in the butt or impossible. I can't stay Canada, she can't stay in the US, I can't work in Canada, she can't work in the US. They may or may not allow me to come in to Canada, and the same for her in the US. Everything to do with cross border relationships is a red flag to everyone. So every time we go over the border we get tense. I'm going to be really irritated if I have to wait the full 14 months while most other spousal apps from the US are taking 8.

Buffy2323

Dec 16, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2013
AOR Received.
01-03-2013
File Transfer...
15-03-2013
Med's Done....
31-01-2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
28-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
26-10-2013
Passport2Canada said:
Yes, definitely a hassle. We have almost all the documents we can possibly put together, and will be sending them in the next few days. Meanwhile, next week I have to return to the US and I'm not sure how long I will have to stay. Originally, we thought that the PPR meant we were close to the end, and so I made plans to stay as a visitor for as long as possible, hoping I could just flagpole. Now though, I have to go home and try to wait it out. My wife can only stay with me for a month in the US because ODSP won't allow you to leave for more than 30 days or they flag you and cut off support until you return to Canada. So she will have to return by December. Pretty much everything with immigration is a disruption to our lives. No matter what plans we try to make, theres always something related to CIC and Customs that makes it a pain in the butt or impossible. I can't stay Canada, she can't stay in the US, I can't work in Canada, she can't work in the US. They may or may not allow me to come in to Canada, and the same for her in the US. Everything to do with cross border relationships is a red flag to everyone. So every time we go over the border we get tense. I'm going to be really irritated if I have to wait the full 14 months while most other spousal apps from the US are taking 8.
I hear you on that. It is bad enough waiting the 8 months but 14 would be terrible. So you can't stay for the whole 6 months for what reason? I do know that every time you go back to the USA and then back into Canada that the 6 months starts over again. I also know that crossing the border has been so easy since I got my PPR. They know your status when they scan your passport. We used to get questioned going across every time we would travel together but now it's easy as can be. Of course, I have the Nexus card now too so that might help. Regardless, it will be alot easier when the whole process is over. I am tracking my package and it should be across the border already, still on track for delivery tomorrow. I pray it doesn't get stopped along the way. I don't want to wait another week to land.

Keep us posted on your progress!! I will be glad to color your row purple and then yellow!!

Canadavisa_Apr2013

Aug 27, 2013
Buffy2323 said:
I hear you on that. It is bad enough waiting the 8 months but 14 would be terrible. So you can't stay for the whole 6 months for what reason? I do know that every time you go back to the USA and then back into Canada that the 6 months starts over again. I also know that crossing the border has been so easy since I got my PPR. They know your status when they scan your passport. We used to get questioned going across every time we would travel together but now it's easy as can be. Of course, I have the Nexus card now too so that might help. Regardless, it will be alot easier when the whole process is over. I am tracking my package and it should be across the border already, still on track for delivery tomorrow. I pray it doesn't get stopped along the way. I don't want to wait another week to land.

Keep us posted on your progress!! I will be glad to color your row purple and then yellow!!
I have a really stupid question.

How could you cross the border after getting PPR? I thought PPR meant - PassPort Request. So once you submitted your passport, how could you travel across the border?

Passport2Canada

Star Member
Sep 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-2-2013
AOR Received.
25-2-2013
Med's Done....
5-2-2013
Passport Req..
3-9-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2014
Canadavisa_Apr2013 said:
I have a really stupid question.

How could you cross the border after getting PPR? I thought PPR meant - PassPort Request. So once you submitted your passport, how could you travel across the border?
Being American, I'm from a visa exempt country. So when we receive PPR, we are only required to send a scanned copy of our passport, so we can still travel.

Canadavisa_Apr2013

Aug 27, 2013
Passport2Canada said:
Being American, I'm from a visa exempt country. So when we receive PPR, we are only required to send a scanned copy of our passport, so we can still travel.
That's amazing! Thanks for clarifying.

My husband is on H1 work permit and will have to get his H1 stamped once he enters Canada as a PR. Waiting for our PR so we can see each other again.

Passport2Canada

Star Member
Sep 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-2-2013
AOR Received.
25-2-2013
Med's Done....
5-2-2013
Passport Req..
3-9-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2014
Buffy2323 said:

I'll be going back two weeks shy of six months. We just get antsy because we're always afraid they won't let me back in to Canada if I go to the US and then cross back again within days or weeks. As it is, they almost didn't let me in the last time. Customs begrudgingly allowed me to come in, but they didn't like me staying so long, even though its perfectly legal. They always give me the lecture about not working while I'm in Canada too. One of the main things I get concerned about, is that Canada might think I'm spending the majority of my time here and not at home and that it might work against my application because I'm outland.

Passport2Canada

Star Member
Sep 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-2-2013
AOR Received.
25-2-2013
Med's Done....
5-2-2013
Passport Req..
3-9-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2014
Have any of you ever filed for a visitor extension as an outland applicant? Can you even do that? I was under the impression that outland applicants who came to visit Canada didn't qualify because Canada assumes you would have done an inland application if you were going to stay more than six months. In my case, I applied outland because I had obligations back home. I no longer have those obligations but am within a month from being in Canada six months. So I'm wondering if I can just apply for an extension. Our 1 year anniversary is next month too.

DuberBlue

Sep 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2013
AOR Received.
13-03-2013
Med's Done....
18-12-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2013
LANDED..........
26-10-2013
My wife's done exactly that :) In fact, we've extended it several times...she's legally stayed with me in Canada for a couple of years now, and we applied outland back in March. We've normally just applied for the extension about a month before it expires, and we have gotten a new visitor record in the mail about a month or so later.

Chiqsherbet

Sep 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-March-2013
AOR Received.
13-April-2013 (Sponsor)
File Transfer...
22-April-2013
Med's Done....
25-March-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
09-October-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-02-2014, got DM&CoPR on 27-02-2014
LANDED..........
03-March-2014
Passport2Canada said:
Have any of you ever filed for a visitor extension as an outland applicant? Can you even do that? I was under the impression that outland applicants who came to visit Canada didn't qualify because Canada assumes you would have done an inland application if you were going to stay more than six months. In my case, I applied outland because I had obligations back home. I no longer have those obligations but am within a month from being in Canada six months. So I'm wondering if I can just apply for an extension. Our 1 year anniversary is next month too.
I did :) I had the PGWP when I applied for the PR but it expired in this August, so I applied a visitor record (change my status - work permit to visitor record) in June by online. What I wrote the reason why I applied for the visitor record was that I want to stay in Canada with my husband until all the process of my PR application has been completed. And then I got a new visitor record in the mid August (it was during the CIC strike and took around 50 days until I received). My visitor record is valid for 1 year - so I can stay in Canada until August 2014.