Waived
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-06-2013
LANDED..........
26-06-2013 (DONE - thank u all)
IvanP said:
Not yet. This Thursday will be 3 weeks, so maybe by the end of next week they'll be here.

Our ECAS remains unchanged. Despite that, my wife and I are heading up to Montreal this weekend to look for an apartment (for a July 1 move) in anticipation of COPR being issued sometime relatively soon. It's been 9 weeks since our courier delivered docs to Ottawa, so presumably we should see some movement soon. If nothing else, having an apartment leased will be more evidence of sponsor's (my) intent to reside in Canada that we can scan and send to CIC (if they haven't already made a decision before this weekend). July 1 is about the time when we were planning on moving in any event, so the kids have a month or so to adjust before school starts.

You should be getting it in this week .. CIC really sucks !! I also want to move to Toronto . Every month I am spending $1000 for flying from LA to Toronto..

I expect mine in July , so I can start looking for a job .

brightredscream

Sep 1, 2010
Stoney Creek, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2012
AOR Received.
17-01-2013
File Transfer...
17-01-2013
Med's Done....
29-11-2012
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
21-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2013
shanmba1174 said:
You should be getting it in this week .. CIC really sucks !! I also want to move to Toronto . Every month I am spending $1000 for flying from LA to Toronto..

I expect mine in July , so I can start looking for a job .
Yikes! Fly into Buffalo, rent a car and drive to Toronto! Save yourself some cash!

Yellowrose

Star Member
Feb 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-12-2012
AOR Received.
n/a
Med's Done....
07-12-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-07-2013
LANDED..........
02-08-2013
I guess I just don't understand the system. When I hear you talk about renting an apartment without a decision, I cringe! I'm currently faced with no place to live as of June 30th. I'd love to just go on vacation up there until this clears, but, if for any reason it was denied, I'd be coming back here without my job of 30 years. This has gone so far beyond simply wanting to be with my husband, it's crazy. I don't understand how people who apply from outside Canada make this work unless they're young and transient.

IslandAnnie

Nov 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-11-2012
AOR Received.
29-11-2012
File Transfer...
29-11-2012
Med's Done....
14-11-2012
Passport Req..
08-05-2013 never received, pp submitted 09-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
22-08-2013
Yellowrose said:
I guess I just don't understand the system. When I hear you talk about renting an apartment without a decision, I cringe! I'm currently faced with no place to live as of June 30th. I'd love to just go on vacation up there until this clears, but, if for any reason it was denied, I'd be coming back here without my job of 30 years. This has gone so far beyond simply wanting to be with my husband, it's crazy. I don't understand how people who apply from outside Canada make this work unless they're young and transient.
My husband and I are in our 50's (yikes! it sounds old when I put it down in writing like that..)..so not "young" and we are certainly not transient (we also just signed a lease for July 1).. and we are in the thick of this immigration thing. We have been living in the US for sometime and I have just quit my very good job and moved back to Canada! ...keeping the faith that my husband's PR will be approved soon so that he can join me. It actually made good sense for us... my husband stays working in the US and I move back to Canada and get work...then when he moves here at least I will have work while he gets settled and can find something. If we waited to both move at the same time we would both be unemployed at the same time.... the thought of THAT made me cringe. If for some reason he didn't get approved (and we have NO reason to expect his application could be turned down), I would go back to the US to be with him. But this way, at least one of us has a job through the transition.

Don't let it get the best of you.... it may seem like most of the folks on here are young newlyweds, but there are a lot of us more "settled" couples going through this, too. Our tun will come soon :)

lalune117

Star Member
Feb 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2012
Doc's Request.
RPRF Requested: 19-02-2013
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
19-06-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2013
IslandAnnie said:
Don't let it get the best of you.... it may seem like most of the folks on here are young newlyweds, but there are a lot of us more "settled" couples going through this, too. Our tun will come soon :)
Being a "young newlywed couple" does NOT make this situation ANY easier... I am on disability here in the states, which means my monthly income is about 810 dollars a month plus 200 in food stamps. After I pay all my bills, I'm left with approximately 300 dollars. My husband has a good job, but even so, we cannot afford frequent trips back and forth... I go to Edmonton and stay for about two months at a time (can't stay longer than that because I'm on all kinds of medication; my pharmacy ships me my refills, but I only get so many refills at a time) and then go back to New York for six months or so. We've been married 16 months, and have spent four of them together (and not all at once). The entire situation is making me anxious and depressed...

On a side note: If one more person asks me "When are you moving to Canada?" I think I may explode. My aunt said to me the other day "I don't get how the two of you are so okay being so far apart for so long." I replied "Do you really think we're okay?!"

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
Oh yes, being apart is so fun! It's like making a child watch other kids eat ice cream cones behind a glass wall.

We fall into neither category. We aren't the young ones, but we aren't settled either. We are newlyweds though - 8 months this months. :D This marriage #2 for both of us as well.

IslandAnnie

Nov 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-11-2012
AOR Received.
29-11-2012
File Transfer...
29-11-2012
Med's Done....
14-11-2012
Passport Req..
08-05-2013 never received, pp submitted 09-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
22-08-2013
lalune117 said:
Being a "young newlywed couple" does NOT make this situation ANY easier... I am on disability here in the states, which means my monthly income is about 810 dollars a month plus 200 in food stamps. After I pay all my bills, I'm left with approximately 300 dollars. My husband has a good job, but even so, we cannot afford frequent trips back and forth... I go to Edmonton and stay for about two months at a time (can't stay longer than that because I'm on all kinds of medication; my pharmacy ships me my refills, but I only get so many refills at a time) and then go back to New York for six months or so. We've been married 16 months, and have spent four of them together (and not all at once). The entire situation is making me anxious and depressed...

On a side note: If one more person asks me "When are you moving to Canada?" I think I may explode. My aunt said to me the other day "I don't get how the two of you are so okay being so far apart for so long." I replied "Do you really think we're okay?!"
Oh, I know! ..people don't have a clue about how long and difficult this process is.

My comment wasn't to imply that being young and/or newlywed was any easier (we all know there is NOTHING easy about any of this), but only that there seems to be very few people who are older and/or married for a long time posting on this forum....it's easy to feel different. There are different challenges for everyone, in every walk of life... I was less worried about things going wrong and having to "start over" when I was younger..it would be a temporary set back, as there was time to rebuild and re-group. At this point it feels far riskier that if we end up without savings/jobs/etc, there is no time to rebuild before retirement. I'm very sorry to hear of your medical issues, those challenges are tough in the best of situations. I hope that the medical system in Canada can make dealing with the health issues a little easier for you in the future. But I'm sure just being with our spouses will make life easier.

...praying that we are all with our loved ones in Canada very soon.

FAM_Applicant

Mar 2, 2013
Thanks Amikety. I emailed them once with contact update and just received an automated response.

amikety said:
Mine shows the same thing and I filed in January.

I finally got a reply after emailing Ottawa on the 1st.

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
Yellowrose said:
Honestly, I'm not sure it's all that easy for the "young and transient". I'm 42 and my wife is 39, so we've had enough time to sock some cash away in case it takes longer than expected for either of us to find work (plus we have retirement savings we could tap in a pinch). But going and getting someone to sign a lease for you in a new city without savings and work if you're young and transient? That's pretty daunting unless you've got a built-in support network (and I know some people don't).

Yellowrose

Star Member
Feb 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-12-2012
AOR Received.
n/a
Med's Done....
07-12-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-07-2013
LANDED..........
02-08-2013
Your posts have brought me to tears, but thank you for them all. I've been following the posts for a while, and we're usually chatting about the details of our immigration, not so much the humanistic side. I came out of a second marriage with a good job but not a ton of savings, and my husband will be paying child support and alimony for some time, so we don't have a ton of disposable income to float this. We don't sleep much, but we're trying to keep the faith...

brightredscream

Sep 1, 2010
Stoney Creek, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2012
AOR Received.
17-01-2013
File Transfer...
17-01-2013
Med's Done....
29-11-2012
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
21-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2013
This is a second marriage for both of us.
Together for four years as a couple, married for two. Neither of us have a lot of money, but we're doing our best! We just want to be together.

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
I haven't been able to work in almost two years! You can imagine how that has played out...... We've forgone vacations, buying a house, buying a second car, and many other "luxuries" that my friends take for granted. On the plus side, though, I've had time to focus on education and I'm making great headway there.

One of my friends in Calgary is slightly delusional when it comes to money matters. She seems to think everyone is as well off as her and has as much extra cash. She's constantly inviting me to sign up for classes (since I am bored, which is thoughtful of her) and I keep having to remind her I don't have a disposal income... or any income! It gets so frustrating after a while.

Shylox

May 22, 2012
Vancouver, BC/Pittsburgh, PA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 13th 2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
October 22nd 2012
Med's Done....
June 7th 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Never got one
VISA ISSUED...
February 21st, 2013
LANDED..........
February 28th, 2013
amikety said:
I haven't been able to work in almost two years! You can imagine how that has played out...... We've forgone vacations, buying a house, buying a second car, and many other "luxuries" that my friends take for granted. On the plus side, though, I've had time to focus on education and I'm making great headway there.

One of my friends in Calgary is slightly delusional when it comes to money matters. She seems to think everyone is as well off as her and has as much extra cash. She's constantly inviting me to sign up for classes (since I am bored, which is thoughtful of her) and I keep having to remind her I don't have a disposal income... or any income! It gets so frustrating after a while.
Totally understand that feeling. One of my friends here just doesn't understand how much money we dumped into our application and how long I have been out of work with only my wife working, we were barely scraping by. Its like now that the application process is over with, she thinks we have all of this money to spend and it's so frustrating because of course we'd love to go out and do all of those awesome things with her but we just can't swing it. I'm lucky I even got to go back and see my family for a week.

End rant. lol

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
Shylox said:
Totally understand that feeling. One of my friends here just doesn't understand how much money we dumped into our application
You're not kidding. We've spent $2908.48 so far... ugh.

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
Shylox said:
Totally understand that feeling. One of my friends here just doesn't understand how much money we dumped into our application and how long I have been out of work with only my wife working, we were barely scraping by. Its like now that the application process is over with, she thinks we have all of this money to spend and it's so frustrating because of course we'd love to go out and do all of those awesome things with her but we just can't swing it. I'm lucky I even got to go back and see my family for a week.

End rant. lol
How was your trip? :D