Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
amikety said:
I don't think I'm near done - it's just painful to read about people like tavora and IvanP waiting soooo long for their visas. Having your life on hold like that is never fun!

Happy Friday everyone :D I woke up to a surprise. My husband has decided to rip up part of the yard and build a flower bed! :D :D: D
Tavora - did they ask for anything other that passports when you got your PPR? Most of us whose applications are being handled slowly had some additional document request. They asked for CSQs from us (which Quebec supposedly sends to CIC), photos (which we included with our original application), passport copies (included with original application), and proof of sponsor's intent to reside in Canada (which we sent with the original application). Concededly, that last evidence was a bit thin in the fall - we had little in the way of evidence of actual steps taken towards moving because.... at the time, CIC's website said it would take 14 months from beginning to end - who looks for a job or an apartment when you expect to wait more than a year for approval???

But it hasn't yet been two months since they received all of those docs from us, and we don't actually need to move until towards the end of the summer (so the kids can start school at the beginning of the school year), and we're all together, so this is stressful because it puts on hold all those steps that would actually demonstrate my intent to reside in Canada, like actively looking for an apartment or really beginning to look for work (note to CIC - duh!), but not nearly as stressful as it would be if we were apart.

anna24

Jan 21, 2013
Ivanp
what address did you send your documents, because i send documents additional to cpp Ottawa and the zip code was not good also the documents was not delivery .i call cic to verify the adresse and area code and she found that zip code is not good. after when she give me the good zip code the post deliver the documents at t now i write to my immigration agent to know if he received the documents but he did not respond me.

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
anna24 said:
Ivanp
what address did you send your documents, because i send documents additional to cpp Ottawa and the zip code was not good also the documents was not delivery .i call cic to verify the adresse and area code and she found that zip code is not good. after when she give me the good zip code the post deliver the documents at t now i write to my immigration agent to know if he received the documents but he did not respond me.
Wow, that's lame. Here's the address we used:

Case Processing Pilot - Ottawa
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
219 Laurier Avenue West Ottawa ON K1A 1L1
7th Floor, Section B
Ottawa ON K1A 1L1 Canada

tavora

Star Member
May 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
20-09-2012
Med's Done....
02-07-2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
07-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-05-2013
LANDED..........
31-05-2013
IvanP said:
Tavora - did they ask for anything other that passports when you got your PPR? Most of us whose applications are being handled slowly had some additional document request. They asked for CSQs from us (which Quebec supposedly sends to CIC), photos (which we included with our original application), passport copies (included with original application), and proof of sponsor's intent to reside in Canada (which we sent with the original application). Concededly, that last evidence was a bit thin in the fall - we had little in the way of evidence of actual steps taken towards moving because.... at the time, CIC's website said it would take 14 months from beginning to end - who looks for a job or an apartment when you expect to wait more than a year for approval???

But it hasn't yet been two months since they received all of those docs from us, and we don't actually need to move until towards the end of the summer (so the kids can start school at the beginning of the school year), and we're all together, so this is stressful because it puts on hold all those steps that would actually demonstrate my intent to reside in Canada, like actively looking for an apartment or really beginning to look for work (note to CIC - duh!), but not nearly as stressful as it would be if we were apart.
No, they didn't ask for anything other that the passport pages scan. We're in BC, so no CSQ needed. I'm already here in the country, so they didn't need to see the Canadian sponsor's intent to move back to Canada. And we sent around 70 pictures, which they must have been satisfied with. It's quite strange that my husband's status was listed as DM for two months, but only recently his address been updated to our city in BC, so it must have changed when they actually mailed out the COPR. The other weird thing that after two months of silence, now Ottawa is very communicative with us. I'm just puzzled by it all, unless the officer in charge of our file went on vacation or was off sick for two months.

Shylox

May 22, 2012
Vancouver, BC/Pittsburgh, PA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 13th 2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
October 22nd 2012
Med's Done....
June 7th 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Never got one
VISA ISSUED...
February 21st, 2013
LANDED..........
February 28th, 2013
Hey all! I'm posting this here and in the other US thread just so everyone sees it.

We're flying to the US tomorrow to spend time with my family. I haven't seen them in over a year and a half so I'm definitely excited! I will no longer be updating the Ottawa spreadsheet because once I come back from vacation, we'll be moving and getting our life together started. Of course I'll still be checking in here every now and then to see how you guys are doing, but I can't keep up with the spreadsheet. Please PM IvanP or amikety to have your info updated.

Thank you to you all for the support and best of luck to you!

anna24

Jan 21, 2013
IvanP said:
Wow, that's lame. Here's the address we used:

Case Processing Pilot - Ottawa
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
219 Laurier Avenue West Ottawa ON K1A 1L1
7th Floor, Section B
Ottawa ON K1A 1L1 Canada
it is the same addresse my immigration agent give me the first time and my document can not deliver and stay to post office. when cic agent give me the good zip code the documents has been deliver .you can verify yourself in the map on google the zip code is not good and call cic agent to verify the zip code

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
anna24 said:
it is the same addresse my immigration agent give me the first time and my document can not deliver and stay to post office. when cic agent give me the good zip code the documents has been deliver .you can verify yourself in the map on google the zip code is not good and call cic agent to verify the zip code
Has anyone successfully used that address? Canada Post's website does indeed say the zip code should be K1P 5J6 if you look up the zip code, but it also says our package was delivered and signed for.

brightredscream

Sep 1, 2010
Stoney Creek, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2012
AOR Received.
17-01-2013
File Transfer...
17-01-2013
Med's Done....
29-11-2012
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
21-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2013
Now I'm nervous, because we sent our updated FBI check to that address...
If I call on Monday will the be blue to verify over the phone if it was received? My hubby didn't put tracking on the damn envelope :mad:

If it was undeliverable would it not get returned to sender?

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
anna24 said:
It's a Postal Code. Might be why your post office thinks it's wrong. And the postal code is actually correct.

shanmba1174

Star Member
Nov 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2012
AOR Received.
04-12-2012
File Transfer...
13-12-2012
Med's Done....
15-06-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-06-2013
LANDED..........
26-06-2013 (DONE - thank u all)
brightredscream said:
Now I'm nervous, because we sent our updated FBI check to that address...
If I call on Monday will the be blue to verify over the phone if it was received? My hubby didn't put tracking on the damn envelope :mad:

If it was undeliverable would it not get returned to sender?

It takes minimum Two weeks to show on the system. After 2 weeks try to email CPP-O or call them . When I submitted FBI , I emailed them after 3 weeks and got the reply from them .

margobear96

Star Member
Dec 21, 2012
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 15, 2012 (rec'd)
AOR Received.
November 26, 2012
File Transfer...
November 26, 2012
Med's Done....
September 29, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
April 23, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 26, 2013 (rec'd May 2, 2013)
LANDED..........
May 4, 2013
Just landed today at Peace Arch/Blaine, WA border crossing. Just FYI when you flagpole, you can either go to US secondary to get your passport stamped OR just drive into Blaine and buy something (gas in our case) and get a receipt as proof that you left Canada. I knew about the stamp thing from this forum, but only heard of the second option from the US immigration officer. (It's usually way faster.) The first IO on the Canadian side took a look at the receipt before giving me the yellow slip to go to secondary for the landing. Landing itself was very quick.

Have a good vacation Shylox and thanks for your help!

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
margobear96 said:
Just landed today at Peace Arch/Blaine, WA border crossing. Just FYI when you flagpole, you can either go to US secondary to get your passport stamped OR just drive into Blaine and buy something (gas in our case) and get a receipt as proof that you left Canada. I knew about the stamp thing from this forum, but only heard of the second option from the US immigration officer. (It's usually way faster.) The first IO on the Canadian side took a look at the receipt before giving me the yellow slip to go to secondary for the landing. Landing itself was very quick.

Have a good vacation Shylox and thanks for your help!
Congrats! May the Fourth be with you!

(Star Wars joke)

margobear96

Star Member
Dec 21, 2012
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 15, 2012 (rec'd)
AOR Received.
November 26, 2012
File Transfer...
November 26, 2012
Med's Done....
September 29, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
April 23, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 26, 2013 (rec'd May 2, 2013)
LANDED..........
May 4, 2013
amikety said:
Congrats! May the Fourth be with you!

(Star Wars joke)
Thanks :D! It was going to be "Cinco de Mayo", but I chickened out worrying about the long line of returning Canadian shoppers on a Sunday.

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
margobear96 said:
Thanks :D! It was going to be "Cinco de Mayo", but I chickened out worrying about the long line of returning Canadian shoppers on a Sunday.
Aww, but hey, you got to land on a nerd holiday? I hope I get to land on something special.... like my anniversary :D

Happy Cinco De Mayo! Jejejeje!

(That is not a typo.)

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
parker24 said:
It's a Postal Code. Might be why your post office thinks it's wrong. And the postal code is actually correct.
Postal codes and zip codes are synonyms, but that's not the point, the point is that CPP-O and Canada Post disagree:

Go to: http://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/fpc/personal/findByCity?execution=e1s1
Enter 219 LAURIER AVE W
OTTAWA ON
and it gives you...
K1P 5J6, which isn't what CIC gives you.

I'm going to sit on my hands and wait for the notes we ordered before contacting CIC again (which seems pointless in any event since they don't respond).