Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
amikety said:
I edited DrJO to Sept 2012 instead of 2013. Unless he's good enough to apply in the future and get his PPR now.... if so, I want that ability.

I hope the SS will re-arrange him on it's own. If not, I will fix tomorrow. :p
To sort, you need to click on the "application received" header and the menu Data => Sort sheet A->Z. That's why DrJO wasn't sorting - there was an application sent date, but not application received date. If there's no application received date, just add 2 days to the sent date and that'll be good enough!

Jujubee

Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2012
AOR Received.
29-11-2012
File Transfer...
23-11-2012
Med's Done....
15-04-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
31-07-2013
Hello Everyone! It is great to see all the good news that is rolling in on our applications.

I was not able to do my medical before sending in my application because they changed how it is done on November 1, 2013 to now have the visa office prompt you to do the medicals. So I have been waiting for Ottawa to inform me which came last Thursday.

I moved my job with the airline from Philadelphia to Burlington, VT so I could spend each night at our house in Montreal. Before I made the move I asked the border if there would be any problems and they issued me a temp res visa with "Visitor" status so that I can cross almost each day. No problems at the border with the temp visa and nexus. Just waiting for pr.

So my medical request sent to me by Ott-CPP was Thursday April 11, 2013
I just did my medical exam today Mon April 15, 2013 and they gave me a certificate saying the medical was done to send to Ott-CPP.

So I scanned my medical certificate and also an up to date passport copy to send off to Ottawa via email.

God Willing I hear good news fast. After starting with my CSQ Feb 2011 to now I'm ready to plant my feet in Canada and live and work with my hubby.

Best of luck to all and keep it positive, We will be at home in Canada soon :-* :D :-*

IslandAnnie

Nov 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-11-2012
AOR Received.
29-11-2012
File Transfer...
29-11-2012
Med's Done....
14-11-2012
Passport Req..
08-05-2013 never received, pp submitted 09-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
22-08-2013
Jujubee said:
I was not able to do my medical before sending in my application because they changed how it is done on November 1, 2013 to now have the visa office prompt you to do the medicals. So I have been waiting for Ottawa to inform me which came last Thursday.
Glad to hear Ottawa is working on our applications and congrats on hearing from them!

They changed the way medicals are done and submitted by the physicians, but they still tell you to have them done "up front" and sent in with your application. Of course, if you don't do the medicals at the time of application, they will request them later.

We have a similar time line to yours, so we'll be looking forward to know when you have more good news!

Suzum27

Oct 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-ISL/London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-DEC-2011
Doc's Request.
28th May 2013
AOR Received.
31-JAN-2012
File Transfer...
7-FEB-2012
Med's Request
8 May 2014
Med's Done....
13th May 2014
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
PPR 1 on 12th June 2014 and PPR 2 on 25th June 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 4 2014
LANDED..........
Oct 27 2014
Hi All !

My hubby applied for me in dec 2011...got AOR in feb 2012 since then not a single news from them up till now. Last night I got to know that my file is being processed in Ottawa.

Dear Madam / Sir,

This is in response to your email (see below).
Your application is in process. No further action is required by you at this time.
An immigration officer will be in contact with you if any further correspondence is needed.
We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.
For future reference, in all correspondence to our office, please refer to the applicant's full name, date of birth and file number.

Regards,

Case Processing Pilot - Ottawa | Centre de Traitement Pilote – Ottawa -WC5183
Citizenship and Immigration Canada |

So my file is indeed in Ottawa!! Don't know whether it's a good or a bad thing but anyhow at least I got to know the whereabouts abt my file!

Now the thing is that I've sent a letter to CHC Islamabad guys abt updating my mailing address. N I checked through tcs tracking...the letter was received by one of their officials. So should I let it be n hope that they will update my mailing address or should I send the same letter to Ottawa guys too?

libellula

Jan 18, 2013
amikety said:
I thought they were still working on Octobers - but date and queue means nothing in CIC land.....
Yes,they are still working on Octobers,but there seems to be movement on Novembers also.
Ive been watching the spreadsheets as probably everyone else,and its true that CIC does things in bunches.
But it seems each month they push through a section of people that correlates to a past month.

People who apply in some foreign countries seem to get their PR quicker than people who have applied through Ottowa.
Especially since they had the closure of Buffalo. (And now Seattle/Detroit)
I do believe that it has to do with how easy each case is to process. (i.e. married a long time,or under the 2 year status etc)

This is the 3rd time that we have moved and had to apply for either a green card or a visa for another country,and by far this is the longest that I've done!

Getting restless!

tavora

Star Member
May 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
20-09-2012
Med's Done....
02-07-2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
07-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-05-2013
LANDED..........
31-05-2013
Has anyone had any email communication/exchanges with CPP-Ottawa recently? Before my file was in process, they were pretty quick to respond (sometimes the same day, other times within the week). Now when I email, all I get is the standard automated response that my email has been received. I am waiting for a response for emails I sent over a month ago, and three weeks ago - so far nothing. Since it's been two months since DM, I think the COPR has been lost in the mail. :(

lalune117

Star Member
Feb 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2012
Doc's Request.
RPRF Requested: 19-02-2013
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
19-06-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2013
According to just about everyone I've spoken to, I SHOULD be receiving my PPR any day now, as we paid the RPRF about two months ago...
My email is not working! I'm on pins and needles!

I'll receive news via email before anything else, since an attorney is handling our case.

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
tavora said:
Has anyone had any email communication/exchanges with CPP-Ottawa recently? Before my file was in process, they were pretty quick to respond (sometimes the same day, other times within the week). Now when I email, all I get is the standard automated response that my email has been received. I am waiting for a response for emails I sent over a month ago, and three weeks ago - so far nothing. Since it's been two months since DM, I think the COPR has been lost in the mail. :(
There does seem to be a backlog in the issuance of COPRs. Only two people on the spreadsheet, both July applicants, have received COPR in April so far.

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
I bet Ottawa is out of printer paper. Should I mail them a bundle?

sunspotss

Mar 28, 2013
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo to CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
october '11
AOR Received.
december 21st '11
Med's Request
march 21st '13
Med's Done....
march 25th '13
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
april 17th '13 ish
VISA ISSUED...
DM august 16 '13
LANDED..........
sooon?
GUYS GUYS OMG
CPP-O just emailed me
they requested medicals in late march and i emailed in copies of receipts from that
and asked them where the app was in its processing
and they told me just now very politely might i add, that my file is ready to be finalized once the meds are done processing!!
and they also asked if my passport was the same one i had on file dont know if thats some weird version of a passport request?

AHHHH
i cried like a baby when i read that email!
finally! theres still hope for the december 2011 buffalo applpicants!

bacontoaster

Star Member
Aug 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2012
File Transfer...
22-11-2012
Med's Done....
06-08-2012
Passport Req..
26-03-2013
IvanP said:
There does seem to be a backlog in the issuance of COPRs. Only two people on the spreadsheet, both July applicants, have received COPR in April so far.
This is getting me worried. We got really excited when we got our PPR and figured since they had no special requests or anything like that we could start planning Mr. bacontoaster's landing. We booked him a flight for May 30th which is going to be 9 weeks after our PPR. I thought this was going to be enough time to get his CoPR but maybe not....At least he hasn't quit his job yet.

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
sunspotss said:
GUYS GUYS OMG
CPP-O just emailed me
they requested medicals in late march and i emailed in copies of receipts from that
and asked them where the app was in its processing
and they told me just now very politely might i add, that my file is ready to be finalized once the meds are done processing!!
and they also asked if my passport was the same one i had on file dont know if thats some weird version of a passport request?

AHHHH
i cried like a baby when i read that email!
finally! theres still hope for the december 2011 buffalo applpicants!
I put you down for PPR. Congrats :)

tavora

Star Member
May 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
20-09-2012
Med's Done....
02-07-2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
07-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-05-2013
LANDED..........
31-05-2013
amikety said:
I bet Ottawa is out of printer paper. Should I mail them a bundle?
Yes, please! I hope that's the reason. :p I'm just so frustrated that it's been two months and there's no communication. :/

cempjwi

Mar 14, 2012
CANADA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
31-Jul-12
Doc's Request.
09-Feb-13; Sent 13-Mar-13
AOR Received.
15-Oct-12; In-process 26-Mar-13
File Transfer...
15-Oct-12
Med's Request
02-Apr-13 Chest Xray Only
Med's Done....
14-May-12; 04-Apr-13 (Delivered 15-Apr-13)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-Apr-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2013 (Rcvd May 15th, 2013)
LANDED..........
1-July-2013
So on April 2nd the applicant was requested to have a chest x-ray done (only the xray, nothing else) to obtain a new medical certificate (the previous one expires on May 14th, 2013). We had the xray done on April 4th and it was received by Ottawa on April 15th.

Yesterday, to be proactive and avoid the request to provide a new one and yet delay our application further more (as per the spreadsheet we are the only ones left for PPR from July 2012), we sent a copy of the ID page of the applicant's new passport as the passport we sent with the application will expire on April 18th.

Today we received a "thank you" email from the agent in response to the new passport copy and asking if the applicant had already undergone the chest xray, and asking for when it is completed to send a copy of the doctor's receipt. We then sent the agent copies of the receipt and the fedex label provided by the doctor's office.

We are amazed of how different this process is for each of us.

Yellowrose

Star Member
Feb 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-12-2012
AOR Received.
n/a
Med's Done....
07-12-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-07-2013
LANDED..........
02-08-2013
This is beginning to make me crazy, too. According to the trending of our group, it was looking like my December app could be approved in May or June, but now....? I'm still working (my job has been a serious source of stress for over a year) and trying to schedule a retirement, using my vacation to mute the loss of my income. And my landlord is proposing to sell my leased condo out from under me this summer, so I could be forced into an in-town move and living in a residence hotel. Melting down, ready to go to my husband.

I've taken a chance, though, and partially booked a flight to visit him next month, so that will probably be the catalyst for all hell to break loose where I feel like I can't go! Hubby is really showing signs of strain, and I'm going to try to surprise him!