Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
glassfishct said:
Received COPR! e-cas showed "decision made" this Tuesday morning, and they sent it out yesterday to my husband address in Canada (I tracked Canada post online). I finally can stop worrying about it...
Congrats! Somehow missed this yesterday - just updated the spreadsheet.

Kelm

Jan 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
18-09-2012
Med's Done....
11-07-2012
Passport Req..
18-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-03-2013
LANDED..........
05-04-2013
Line said:
how did you track it? Our decision made appeared in e-cas on February 28th and we are still waiting for the COPR. I live 45 minutes outside of Ottawa.... hopefully its coming soon....
Mine has said 'decision made' since then too...what more is there to do after that point? Maybe they're sending it via polar bear to QC...a one-legged polar bear

Wyz

Star Member
Mar 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2011
AOR Received.
Nov 2011
File Transfer...
Jan 2012, tfr to ISL May 2013
Med's Request
July 2014
Med's Done....
July 2014
IvanP said:
Congrats! Somehow missed this yesterday - just updated the spreadsheet.
Can I be added to the spreadsheet if possible?

Application Filed: November 2011
File transferred: January 2012
Processed in: CPP Ottawa

Line

Star Member
Oct 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-07-2012
AOR Received.
sponsorship approved november 8, 2012
Med's Done....
15-05-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
never requested
VISA ISSUED...
March 28,2013
LANDED..........
April 14, 2013
Kelm said:
Mine has said 'decision made' since then too...what more is there to do after that point? Maybe they're sending it via polar bear to QC...a one-legged polar bear
lol. you never know :)

shanmba1174

Star Member
Nov 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2012
AOR Received.
04-12-2012
File Transfer...
13-12-2012
Med's Done....
15-06-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-06-2013
LANDED..........
26-06-2013 (DONE - thank u all)
FAM_Applicant said:
Thanks alot for your response. I am going to email them then. Is it the CPP-O email?
So, is it okay to give them the current Canadian contact number (since she is visiting ) ?
Even though I live in US , I updated my address to Canadian address , so all correspondence will reach my wife address.

Shylox

May 22, 2012
Vancouver, BC/Pittsburgh, PA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 13th 2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
October 22nd 2012
Med's Done....
June 7th 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Never got one
VISA ISSUED...
February 21st, 2013
LANDED..........
February 28th, 2013
Wyz said:
Can I be added to the spreadsheet if possible?

Application Filed: November 2011
File transferred: January 2012
Processed in: CPP Ottawa
I can add you but I need more specific dates. If you can reply or send me a pm with this info I'll finish adding you:

date app sent:
date app recieved:
date medicals done:
date of stage 1 AOR if you got one:
date of sponsor approval:

and any other dates/info that applies like if you've gotten a stage 2 AOR or passport request.

Cheerio

Star Member
Apr 16, 2012
Today my mother notified me that I received something in the mail from the government of Canada. I'm presently visiting my husband and I forgot to update my mailling address. She will be mailing it to us here today. I asked her to open it and read what it said but since English isn't her mother tongue everything she told me was all over the place... She said my picture was on it and read something about "Confirmation of residence" and she noted many pages had the words "not valid for travel" and described it to be a run down of all the requirements I needed to meet and whether or not I met them.

Almost two weeks ago we had emailed CPP-O to confirm everything was in order and the agent handling our case said that my application should be going through a final review and that I should be receiving a letter soon before I receive my landing papers. They also said they anticipate the only other requirements should be a photocopy of my passport to confirm there haven't been any changes and a confirmation of my current mailing address.

Would that letter be the "PPR"? I like to hear form someone who has already gotten one-- I'm curious as to what the timeline is like after this. Is there a certain number of days from the date of issuance of the letter that I have to send them a photocopy of my passport? Is there a letter in there I have to fill out to change my mailling address so that everything goes here with my husband or do I have to email them and change it now?

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
Cheerio said:
Today my mother notified me that I received something in the mail from the government of Canada. I'm presently visiting my husband and I forgot to update my mailling address. She will be mailing it to us here today. I asked her to open it and read what it said but since English isn't her mother tongue everything she told me was all over the place... She said my picture was on it and read something about "Confirmation of residence" and she noted many pages had the words "not valid for travel" and described it to be a run down of all the requirements I needed to meet and whether or not I met them.

Almost two weeks ago we had emailed CPP-O to confirm everything was in order and the agent handling our case said that my application should be going through a final review and that I should be receiving a letter soon before I receive my landing papers. They also said they anticipate the only other requirements should be a photocopy of my passport to confirm there haven't been any changes and a confirmation of my current mailing address.

Would that letter be the "PPR"? I like to hear form someone who has already gotten one-- I'm curious as to what the timeline is like after this. Is there a certain number of days from the date of issuance of the letter that I have to send them a photocopy of my passport? Is there a letter in there I have to fill out to change my mailling address so that everything goes here with my husband or do I have to email them and change it now?
Nope, that's your landing papers! That's what you will need to go to the border and say "I want to land!" Congrats!

Cheerio

Star Member
Apr 16, 2012
parker24 said:
Nope, that's your landing papers! That's what you will need to go to the border and say "I want to land!" Congrats!
Whaa.... how do you know?? Why does it say "Not valid for travel"??

What about the passport request???

Gaaaahhh I'm sooo anxious right now!!!! :eek:

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
Cheerio said:
Whaa.... how do you know?? Why does it say "Not valid for travel"??

What about the passport request???

Gaaaahhh I'm sooo anxious right now!!!! :eek:
If it has your picture on it, and says "Confirmation of Permenent Resident" that's exactly what it is (COPR)! They more than likely used the copies of the passport you included with your application! The reason it says "Not Valid For Travel" is because you can't use it to travel to say, Mexico. You can only use it to land. You still need your passport to travel, and soon, your PR card when you get it! :)

Cheerio

Star Member
Apr 16, 2012
parker24 said:
If it has your picture on it, and says "Confirmation of Permenent Resident" that's exactly what it is (COPR)! They more than likely used the copies of the passport you included with your application! The reason it says "Not Valid For Travel" is because you can't use it to travel to say, Mexico. You can only use it to land. You still need your passport to travel, and soon, your PR card when you get it! :)
I just noticed some people never got a passport request...I thought it was a mandatory step....

Im SOOOO excited right now though...but I don't know for sure. My mother just notified me she wasn't able to mail them today but will tomorrow. Soon Ill call my little sister so she could read them to me.

Do you know if it is possible to flagpole by car?? We live really close to the border or Vermont. Is it possible to land that way- with those border agents? It's not possible to just go to the airport here right..unless I bought a round-trip flight...which wouldn't make sense...

Sorry...I'm just so anxious and excited all of a sudden. I wasn't expecting that!!

Buffy2323

Dec 16, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2013
AOR Received.
01-03-2013
File Transfer...
15-03-2013
Med's Done....
31-01-2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
28-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 13-09-2013; Visa Received 21-10-2013
LANDED..........
26-10-2013
Congrats Cheerio!! I was just looking on the spreadsheet but can't find you. Can you tell me when you started the process? It always brightens my day to see when others get good news!! :)

Cheerio

Star Member
Apr 16, 2012
Buffy2323 said:
Congrats Cheerio!! I was just looking on the spreadsheet but can't find you. Can you tell me when you started the process? It always brightens my day to see when others get good news!! :)
Hi! Thank you!

I'm not on the cpp-o spreadsheet but I am on the August spreadsheet. =)

Lets see...

Application sent: July 30..or31..2012
Received: August 1, 2012
Meds done: June 30, 2012
Sponsor approval: October 16 2012
COPR: Today! =D

Buffy2323

Dec 16, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2013
AOR Received.
01-03-2013
File Transfer...
15-03-2013
Med's Done....
31-01-2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
28-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 13-09-2013; Visa Received 21-10-2013
LANDED..........
26-10-2013
Cheerio said:
Hi! Thank you!

I'm not on the cpp-o spreadsheet but I am on the August spreadsheet. =)

Lets see...

Application sent: July 30..or31..2012
Received: August 1, 2012
Meds done: June 30, 2012
Sponsor approval: October 16 2012
COPR: Today! =D
Awesome!! Thanks for the details :) CONGRATS AGAIN!! That has to bbe very exciting for you. I hope you get an answer about landing while you are there. I wish I could give you an answer.

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
Cheerio said:
I just noticed some people never got a passport request...I thought it was a mandatory step....

Im SOOOO excited right now though...but I don't know for sure. My mother just notified me she wasn't able to mail them today but will tomorrow. Soon Ill call my little sister so she could read them to me.

Do you know if it is possible to flagpole by car?? We live really close to the border or Vermont. Is it possible to land that way- with those border agents? It's not possible to just go to the airport here right..unless I bought a round-trip flight...which wouldn't make sense...

Sorry...I'm just so anxious and excited all of a sudden. I wasn't expecting that!!
Canadian car? Not a problem :)