11/07/2012
Med's Done....
8/15/2012
Passport Req..
03/14/2013
LANDED..........
04/19/2013
kfair001 said:
Hi guys, I'm hoping that someone can help me with this. So we filed our application using an Immigration consultant because although we did our research we wanted help from someone with a little more experience in order to avoid any problems. Since we filed in July, all the correspondence comes through the immigration consultant much like how an immigration lawyer works. My question is, I want to follow up by sending CIC an email asking where our COPR is but I don't know if they will respond or if I would need my consultant to email them. I just figured it would be easier if I just emailed them instead of having to wait to hear from the consultant. Does anyone know if they would talk to me? I figure they would have to since its my money and I am the sponsor.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
You can try. The worst thing they can say is no or errr piss them off. Since you used a representative they might ask you for written permission. Why don't you just ask your representative to send them an email?

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
kfair001 said:
Hi guys, I'm hoping that someone can help me with this. So we filed our application using an Immigration consultant because although we did our research we wanted help from someone with a little more experience in order to avoid any problems. Since we filed in July, all the correspondence comes through the immigration consultant much like how an immigration lawyer works. My question is, I want to follow up by sending CIC an email asking where our COPR is but I don't know if they will respond or if I would need my consultant to email them. I just figured it would be easier if I just emailed them instead of having to wait to hear from the consultant. Does anyone know if they would talk to me? I figure they would have to since its my money and I am the sponsor.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Legally they can communicate with you. I have had a visa office in the past (NYC) refuse to communicate with me and insisted that I had to go through my attorney (and I was in the same building with my attorney away on holiday. I was not happy.)

lalune117

Star Member
Feb 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2012
Doc's Request.
RPRF Requested: 19-02-2013
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
19-06-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2013
I tried to email Ottawa today, and was told that they will not speak to me because I have an attorney and everything has to go through them... I'm not pleased, since my attorney is less than wonderful.

kfair001

Star Member
Jan 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 30, 2012
AOR Received.
October 12, 2012
File Transfer...
October 12, 2012
Med's Done....
June 25, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
January 29, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
March 25, 2013
LANDED..........
May 27, 2013
glassfishct said:
I think you can contact OPP-Ottawa by replying their request for passport email. Although I never personally emailed them, I saw people receive replies from them sometimes. BTW, have you seen "decision made" in your ecas?
Thanks everybody for the replies and advice. I will contact my consultant tomorrow instead of wasting my time. :).

As for ECAS there has been no change. Still says application received. It's now been 50 days since PPR.

Ill keep you updated on if my consultant hears anything. I'm just hoping them to open up my file to see that it's done and kind of give them a kick in the behind to hurry up and send it instead of having it sit on someone's desk for another 2 months.

tavora

Star Member
May 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
20-09-2012
Med's Done....
02-07-2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
07-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-05-2013
LANDED..........
31-05-2013
kfair001 said:
Thanks everybody for the replies and advice. I will contact my consultant tomorrow instead of wasting my time. :).

As for ECAS there has been no change. Still says application received. It's now been 50 days since PPR.

Ill keep you updated on if my consultant hears anything. I'm just hoping them to open up my file to see that it's done and kind of give them a kick in the behind to hurry up and send it instead of having it sit on someone's desk for another 2 months.
Good luck to you! I hope you hear something soon. We also had PPR quite awhile ago (February 7th) and still nothing. :/

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
kfair001 said:

I'm not too sure what you think your consultant is going to be able to do. Whatever s/he does, you can do yourself. S/he will probably just e-mail Ottawa or call the call centre and that's all they can really do.

glassfishct

Aug 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2012
AOR Received.
17-10-2012
File Transfer...
17-10-2012
Med's Done....
24-08-2012
Passport Req..
06-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2013
LANDED..........
01-04-2013
tavora said:
Good luck to you! I hope you hear something soon. We also had PPR quite awhile ago (February 7th) and still nothing. :/
Hi tavora, did you check your husband's US address for the mail?

tavora

Star Member
May 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
20-09-2012
Med's Done....
02-07-2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
07-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-05-2013
LANDED..........
31-05-2013
glassfishct said:
Hi tavora, did you check your husband's US address for the mail?
Yes, he has mail forwarding in the US to a friend/old roommate - nothing has shown up in the US, but his mailing address on e-CAS, even before we got Decision Made, has always been my home address (he signed off on me being his representative, so all CIC communication has gone to me so far).

brightredscream

Sep 1, 2010
Stoney Creek, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2012
AOR Received.
17-01-2013
File Transfer...
17-01-2013
Med's Done....
29-11-2012
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
21-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2013
So it looks like we're seeing some movement for October applicants?

Rattles

Star Member
Oct 12, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2012
Doc's Request.
16-03-2013
AOR Received.
NA
File Transfer...
15-11-2012
Med's Done....
05-08-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-05-2013
LANDED..........
17-05-2013
brightredscream said:
So it looks like we're seeing some movement for October applicants?
I sent mine in October but didn't get the transfer until November. Received PPR Saturday so it looks like they are pushing through right now. Maybe I am just lucky but it seems like many are starting to be in process.

IslandAnnie

Nov 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-11-2012
AOR Received.
29-11-2012
File Transfer...
29-11-2012
Med's Done....
14-11-2012
Passport Req..
08-05-2013 never received, pp submitted 09-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
22-08-2013
When I look at the dates on the spreadsheet, it does appear that PPR's and COPR's come in groups.... I think they assign staff to process groups of applications (PPR's or COPR's) and then when they reach a certain date (acceptable to some internal "guidelines") they re-assign the staff to work on other types of applications.. and then a couple of weeks later you get another "push" and we see another group. Just my observation....and a little experience working in a Government environment (no not CIC!!).

Buffy2323

Dec 16, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2013
AOR Received.
01-03-2013
File Transfer...
15-03-2013
Med's Done....
31-01-2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
28-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 13-09-2013; Visa Received 21-10-2013
LANDED..........
26-10-2013
Finally got SA approval and my file was transferred to CPP-OTTAWA Friday. It's so exciting to be in the final stage now. But now that I am there, I have some questions because I am really trying to figure out what to do looking forward.

Here is my story, as short as I can give it, lol. I am in the US (Pennsylvania) and currently working 2 jobs. I live in an apartment that the lease is up in July of this year. My plan has been to give notice in June to my jobs and then move up to Canada (Toronto area) in August. I have an 11 year old son who will be transitioning to a new life/school and I want his transition to be as smooth as possible. I was hoping that since we should be close to the final stages of the process by then that it would be a good time to move and have him start school at the beginning of the school year as opposed to mid-year. I have many questions/concerns though.

1. Can I cross the border at all if I have already sent our passports in and am awaiting COPR? I have another minor child who lives with her father and if I need to get back into the USA for any reason I don't want to have to worry about getting there.

2. How long will it take from COPR to actually getting the PR card and I am able to work?? I see lots of different timelines on here but was curious what the average is. I will have enough funds to maintain comfortably for at least 6 months but don't want push it too close.

3. Will enrolling my son in school before he has a PR card be a big hassle?

4. Can I talk to employers once I get PPR to let them know I will be issued a PR card soon, I guess the more appropriate questions is if I speak to potential employers, what timeline should I give them for me to be able to start work?

This whole process is overwhelming but I have to say it has gotten easier as time has gone on. That and the help of so many knowledgeable and compassionate people as all of you here to help with the questions. :)

Rattles

Star Member
Oct 12, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2012
Doc's Request.
16-03-2013
AOR Received.
NA
File Transfer...
15-11-2012
Med's Done....
05-08-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-05-2013
LANDED..........
17-05-2013
Buffy2323 said:
Finally got SA approval and my file was transferred to CPP-OTTAWA Friday. It's so exciting to be in the final stage now. But now that I am there, I have some questions because I am really trying to figure out what to do looking forward.

Here is my story, as short as I can give it, lol. I am in the US (Pennsylvania) and currently working 2 jobs. I live in an apartment that the lease is up in July of this year. My plan has been to give notice in June to my jobs and then move up to Canada (Toronto area) in August. I have an 11 year old son who will be transitioning to a new life/school and I want his transition to be as smooth as possible. I was hoping that since we should be close to the final stages of the process by then that it would be a good time to move and have him start school at the beginning of the school year as opposed to mid-year. I have many questions/concerns though.

1. Can I cross the border at all if I have already sent our passports in and am awaiting COPR? I have another minor child who lives with her father and if I need to get back into the USA for any reason I don't want to have to worry about getting there.

2. How long will it take from COPR to actually getting the PR card and I am able to work?? I see lots of different timelines on here but was curious what the average is. I will have enough funds to maintain comfortably for at least 6 months but don't want push it too close.

3. Will enrolling my son in school before he has a PR card be a big hassle?

4. Can I talk to employers once I get PPR to let them know I will be issued a PR card soon, I guess the more appropriate questions is if I speak to potential employers, what timeline should I give them for me to be able to start work?

This whole process is overwhelming but I have to say it has gotten easier as time has gone on. That and the help of so many knowledgeable and compassionate people as all of you here to help with the questions. :)
1. You will only be sending in copies of your passport so I think you will still be able to cross the border.

2.I think most are getting PR cards within the two months, but yes you can work after your land date and without PR card in hand.

3.I have no idea on this one so I won't assume to know the answer.

4.This one is tough, you can talk to them but will the be open to it? Guess it depends on the potential employers needs and how soon they need someone to start. Timelines are always difficult when speaking about immigration or anything involving the government so I don't think anybody's guess is going to be absolute.

There it is, the extent of my knowledge. Hopefully someone a little more clued in can help you out with those last two and good luck. It can be exciting after you get first stage approval.

Buffy2323

Dec 16, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2013
AOR Received.
01-03-2013
File Transfer...
15-03-2013
Med's Done....
31-01-2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
28-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 13-09-2013; Visa Received 21-10-2013
LANDED..........
26-10-2013
Rattles said:
1. You will only be sending in copies of your passport so I think you will still be able to cross the border.

2.I think most are getting PR cards within the two months, but yes you can work after your land date and without PR card in hand.

3.I have no idea on this one so I won't assume to know the answer.

4.This one is tough, you can talk to them but will the be open to it? Guess it depends on the potential employers needs and how soon they need someone to start. Timelines are always difficult when speaking about immigration or anything involving the government so I don't think anybody's guess is going to be absolute.

There it is, the extent of my knowledge. Hopefully someone a little more clued in can help you out with those last two and good luck. It can be exciting after you get first stage approval.
Thanks Rattles. I didn't realize we don't send in actual passport? I already sent my passport copies.

I would stay longer here if i could but i won't sign another year lease and if i stay i would have to move i. With my parents in a tiny home and that is way too stressful.

Any other advice would be appreciated. :)

frankinto

Star Member
Mar 15, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2013
Buffy2323 said:
Thanks Rattles. I didn't realize we don't send in actual passport? I already sent my passport copies.

I would stay longer here if i could but i won't sign another year lease and if i stay i would have to move i. With my parents in a tiny home and that is way too stressful.

Any other advice would be appreciated. :)
Hi Buffy,

You don't send in your passport because you are from a visa-exempt country. But even though they already have a copy of your passport, they may ask for another to be emailed to them. As for the timelines, it's really impossible to tell. We received our PPR on February 6, emailed a passport copy the same day and no decision has been made yet.