Med's Done....
16-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-03-2013
Wooo! Just got my Decision made update on E-Cas here is to hoping I get it this week *Crosses fingers*

margobear96

Star Member
Dec 21, 2012
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 15, 2012 (rec'd)
AOR Received.
November 26, 2012
File Transfer...
November 26, 2012
Med's Done....
September 29, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
April 23, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 26, 2013 (rec'd May 2, 2013)
LANDED..........
May 4, 2013
EkkusuXI said:
Wooo! Just got my Decision made update on E-Cas here is to hoping I get it this week *Crosses fingers*
Congrats! I'm right below you on the chart (conveniently forgetting the bulk of October applicants who haven't heard yet ;)).

margobear96

Star Member
Dec 21, 2012
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 15, 2012 (rec'd)
AOR Received.
November 26, 2012
File Transfer...
November 26, 2012
Med's Done....
September 29, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
April 23, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 26, 2013 (rec'd May 2, 2013)
LANDED..........
May 4, 2013
cempjwi said:
I've also had bad experiences - but you do not want me to get started on that. To show how laid back Canada is, a US PR can enter Canada without a Visa (when from a country that is not visa-exempt); HOWEVER, a Canadian PR cannot enter the US without a visa when not visa-exempt.
I also fourth (?) that INS/USCIS sucks huge, sweaty, hairy balls worse than CIC.

I applied for citizenship three times before I was approved. First time they lost the application. Just cashed the check, then lost the application. Awesome. Second time it was admittedly discretionary as I had been out of the country for over 6 months at one point working for a US firm. (Absences of between 6 months and 1 year, the interviewing officer has discretion to decide whether or not one of the residency requirements was met. This didn't happen a month before I applied, it happened a few years before I applied.) Anyway, officer decided to be a b**ch and reject me. Applied for the third time (third check!) a few months after the rejection and the look-back window no longer included the 6+ month absence. Finally approved. At the interview that officer spent most of the time rearranging some of my paperwork and muttering that the previous officer should have accepted my second application. Nice.

US border folks also suck worse than Canadian ones. The Canadians in my experience are mainly concerned about people illegally working in Canada and really couldn't care less about visitors (again, as long as you're not working, and are paying any hospital bills your incur). I traveled a lot between the US and Canada while my fiance then husband and I were long distance. I was US PR for some of that time. Got pulled to secondary for both Canada and US. Canadian secondary very polite: Why are you visiting Canada so often? Your fiance lives here and you're still figuring out who's moving where? Okey doke, welcome to Canada. US secondary a$$hole: Third degree. Even demanded to see my wallet (to make sure I still had my US drivers license and credit cards). Ironically, that trip I was in Canada just for the day on business and wasn't visiting my husband.

fmanlunas

Aug 29, 2012
landed this past friday =)

it was a very painless process and the border officers are MUCH nicer once you present the COPR to them. it took no longer than 10 minutes.

please update the spreadsheet! best of luck to everyone else.

shanmba1174

Star Member
Nov 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2012
AOR Received.
04-12-2012
File Transfer...
13-12-2012
Med's Done....
15-06-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-06-2013
LANDED..........
26-06-2013 (DONE - thank u all)
margobear96 said:
I also fourth (?) that INS/USCIS sucks huge, sweaty, hairy balls worse than CIC.

I applied for citizenship three times before I was approved. First time they lost the application. Just cashed the check, then lost the application. Awesome. Second time it was admittedly discretionary as I had been out of the country for over 6 months at one point working for a US firm. (Absences of between 6 months and 1 year, the interviewing officer has discretion to decide whether or not one of the residency requirements was met. This didn't happen a month before I applied, it happened a few years before I applied.) Anyway, officer decided to be a b**ch and reject me. Applied for the third time (third check!) a few months after the rejection and the look-back window no longer included the 6+ month absence. Finally approved. At the interview that officer spent most of the time rearranging some of my paperwork and muttering that the previous officer should have accepted my second application. Nice.

US border folks also suck worse than Canadian ones. The Canadians in my experience are mainly concerned about people illegally working in Canada and really couldn't care less about visitors (again, as long as you're not working, and are paying any hospital bills your incur). I traveled a lot between the US and Canada while my fiance then husband and I were long distance. I was US PR for some of that time. Got pulled to secondary for both Canada and US. Canadian secondary very polite: Why are you visiting Canada so often? Your fiance lives here and you're still figuring out who's moving where? Okey doke, welcome to Canada. US secondary a$$hole: Third degree. Even demanded to see my wallet (to make sure I still had my US drivers license and credit cards). Ironically, that trip I was in Canada just for the day on business and wasn't visiting my husband.
Wow! Too many US haters :) But I have different opinion . It's the best place to live , work and ofcourse for higher studies . No country in the world will give free money in scholarships. I am enjoying my stay here in Hollywood.
I will be moving to cold Toronto once my spousal sponsorship gets approved. Not a big fan of snow:(
I will search for a job ~~ 60 days !! If I didn't land any job , I am back to the great country "USA" !

frankinto

Star Member
Mar 15, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2013
shanmba1174 said:
Wow! Too many US haters :) But I have different opinion . It's the best place to live , work and ofcourse for higher studies . No country in the world will give free money in scholarships. I am enjoying my stay here in Hollywood.
I will be moving to cold Toronto once my spousal sponsorship gets approved. Not a big fan of snow:(
I will search for a job ~~ 60 days !! If I didn't land any job , I am back to the great country "USA" !
How delightful, another immigrant who doesn't really want to be here! Welcome to Canada!

lunas

Champion Member
Apr 10, 2012
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/07/2012
AOR Received.
11/07/2012
Med's Done....
8/15/2012
Passport Req..
03/14/2013
LANDED..........
04/19/2013
fmanlunas said:
landed this past friday =)

it was a very painless process and the border officers are MUCH nicer once you present the COPR to them. it took no longer than 10 minutes.

please update the spreadsheet! best of luck to everyone else.
Thank you for the update!! Wish you the best :)

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shanmba1174 said:
Wow! Too many US haters :) But I have different opinion . It's the best place to live , work and of course for higher studies . No country in the world will give free money in scholarships. I am enjoying my stay here in Hollywood.
People perceive things from their own prospective...having an advanced graduate degree (myself) works better in US...having been to countless countries and to 4 continents

bacontoaster

Star Member
Aug 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2012
File Transfer...
22-11-2012
Med's Done....
06-08-2012
Passport Req..
26-03-2013
frankinto said:
How delightful, another immigrant who doesn't really want to be here! Welcome to Canada!
Yep that's exactly what I was thinking. These people are sure going to make meaningful contributions to our society and culture...

Rattles

Star Member
Oct 12, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2012
Doc's Request.
16-03-2013
AOR Received.
NA
File Transfer...
15-11-2012
Med's Done....
05-08-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-05-2013
LANDED..........
17-05-2013
Received a phone call from the processing officer yesterday asking about my wife's current employment. Quick phone call and then he called back explaining that I would need to obtain a police certificate from Australia and would send an e-mail.
The e-mail explained that the interview was waived and the initial processing was complete and I needed to send in a copy of my passport.

Did I just receive my ppr?

shanmba1174

Star Member
Nov 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2012
AOR Received.
04-12-2012
File Transfer...
13-12-2012
Med's Done....
15-06-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-06-2013
LANDED..........
26-06-2013 (DONE - thank u all)
frankinto said:
Thanks Guys :)

frankinto

Star Member
Mar 15, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2013
Dr Eng X said:
People perceive things from their own prospective...having an advanced graduate degree (myself) works better in US...having been to countless countries and to 4 continents
It is to be expected that a country with 10 times the population would have more employment opportunities for the very highly educated. But there are other factors than one's own personal situation - but then again, that would be a very Canadian point of view. For instance, I would be unable to live in a country where I could be comfortable, but where inequalities and crime are so high. But really, what I find deplorable is people who treat Canada as some sort of consolation prize and who complain endlessly about it.

lunas

Champion Member
Apr 10, 2012
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/07/2012
AOR Received.
11/07/2012
Med's Done....
8/15/2012
Passport Req..
03/14/2013
LANDED..........
04/19/2013
Rattles said:
Received a phone call from the processing officer yesterday asking about my wife's current employment. Quick phone call and then he called back explaining that I would need to obtain a police certificate from Australia and would send an e-mail.
The e-mail explained that the interview was waived and the initial processing was complete and I needed to send in a copy of my passport.

Did I just receive my ppr?
Woohoo congrats!

lalune117

Star Member
Feb 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2012
Doc's Request.
RPRF Requested: 19-02-2013
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
19-06-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2013
xbwa said:
Let me throw my two cents here. If you immigrate to Canada for the purpose of getting a better high-paid job than in US, you are likely to leave with disappointment. I make this conclusion based on the experience I have everytime going to a conference, talking to people from Canada in the same industry (finance, energy). If you are US citizen, for your job consideration, it might make more sense to immigrate your spouse to US.

However, I feel that you entirely miss the point of immigration to Canada through family class sponsorship. The main reason to apply through this mean should be trying to unite with your spouse. I have a very good job in the US, I had all of my educations (Bachelor, Master, and PhD) in very good US universities. Probably I might have some difficulties to highly leverage the credentials I built in the US. However, the reason I want to give up everything here is that I want to be with my wife. The reason I apply is that I feel it is easier to move to Canada for me than moving to US for my wife. And I want my wife to enjoy the 52-week maternity leave instead of much shorter ones, and don't need to worry about job security after coming back.

I feels tht you need to sacrifice a lot to move to a new environment. If you don't do this for the sake of love, going to Canada might not work fo you, especially if you are from US.
I fully agree! My father is angry with me for wanting to leave the US, "the greatest country in the world", but in my eyes, the greatest country in the world is whatever one my husband is in!

aerogurl87

Nov 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2012
Doc's Request.
12-02-13
AOR Received.
18-10-2012
Med's Done....
23-04-2012
Interview........
WAIVED!!!! :)
Passport Req..
12-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-03-2013
LANDED..........
10-04-2013
parker24 said:
Be that as it may, I've had horrible experience with US border patrol officers, plus my husband and I know several Canadians trying to get PR, they have been waiting 5+ years just to get PR. It's ridiculous for a CANADIAN to be a US PR... Makes no sense. Then again, ANYTHING politics, makes no sense.
I was born and raised in the US and absolutely hate US border officers. Everytime I go back to the US to visit my family, I get the third degree. "Why are you coming here? What were you doing in Canada for so long?" Blah blah blah, and then I get the glares before being passed through. I hate US customs with a passion.