Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
Midwest said:
I don't think it should be more complicated. Especially since you guys have kids. I also have Russian citizenship, and I don't think it caused any delays in our case.
Good to hear! Other than the complicated citizenship, ours should be the most straightforward and easy case ever - we've been married for a long time (15 years), lived together the whole time, have children (with both of our names on each kid's birth certificates), joint bank accounts, joint property, joint car and health insurance policies, even family museum memberships with both of our names on them - documentation out the wazoo over nearly two decades. So I can't imagine any real complications unless we screwed up the application in a big way, or someone at CIC is having a really bad day...

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
IvanP said:
Good to hear! Other than the complicated citizenship, ours should be the most straightforward and easy case ever - we've been married for a long time (15 years), lived together the whole time, have children (with both of our names on each kid's birth certificates), joint bank accounts, joint property, joint car and health insurance policies, even family museum memberships with both of our names on them - documentation out the wazoo over nearly two decades. So I can't imagine any real complications unless we screwed up the application in a big way, or someone at CIC is having a really bad day...
Security checks might take a bit longer than usual given the Russian connection, but in the end it does sound like you'll be just fine.

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
computergeek said:
Security checks might take a bit longer than usual given the Russian connection, but in the end it does sound like you'll be just fine.
Hopefully Midwest's experience is some indication that the Russian background check won't cause any delay, but like I said earlier, we don't plan to move until the summer, so we should have plenty of time. As an aside, I wonder when they rely on the police certificates and when they actually do their own background checks. We don't have any skeletons to worry about 8), just curious.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
IvanP said:
Hopefully Midwest's experience is some indication that the Russian background check won't cause any delay, but like I said earlier, we don't plan to move until the summer, so we should have plenty of time. As an aside, I wonder when they rely on the police certificates and when they actually do their own background checks. We don't have any skeletons to worry about 8), just curious.
Security checks aren't looking for things that show up in police reports: involvement in terrorism, war crimes, organized crime, gang related crime, etc.

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
computergeek said:
Security checks aren't looking for things that show up in police reports: involvement in terrorism, war crimes, organized crime, gang related crime, etc.
They could just get a directory of the Russian government and see if the applicant is listed!

crocdile

Nov 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What do you guys think about Outland versus In-land (US Resident) specially if I want the sponsored to have SIN and work-permit as soon as possible?

Dourdon

Dec 22, 2012
Hello guys,

Can you give me any suggestions about how many weeks I have to wait for the medical results sent in Ottawa? Actually my wife had to redo only the x-rays and to send it in Ottawa and she made that 2 weeks ago.

Thanks in advance for your help! :)

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
crocdile said:
What do you guys think about Outland versus In-land (US Resident) specially if I want the sponsored to have SIN and work-permit as soon as possible?
The fastest time from submission to visa on the CPP-Ottawa spreadsheet is 202 days, and the average 229 for completed applications. But those numbers were before sponsorship approval dipped from 90 days at the beginning of last summer (if memory serves) to a little over a month in the fall, and then bounced back up to around 50 or 60 days now. I would guess inland might be a little faster overall, but it probably depends more on which immigration officer you get than anything else. If it's only a month difference, and you're not separated from your loved one during the application process, I'd say there's probably an advantage to doing it outland because once you get the visa, you're done (landing and the SIN are quick, and no work permit required).

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Dourdon said:
Hello guys,

Can you give me any suggestions about how many weeks I have to wait for the medical results sent in Ottawa? Actually my wife had to redo only the x-rays and to send it in Ottawa and she made that 2 weeks ago.

Thanks in advance for your help! :)
Generally it takes 2-4 months.

aerogurl87

Nov 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2012
Doc's Request.
12-02-13
AOR Received.
18-10-2012
Med's Done....
23-04-2012
Interview........
WAIVED!!!! :)
Passport Req..
12-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-03-2013
LANDED..........
10-04-2013
So happy to see PPR's from Julyers. I keep checking my email daily, but nothing still. Hopefully that will change soon though.

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
Quick PPR query for those who've received PPR from Ottawa recently.

Has CIC asked for anything other than a scanned copy of your passport, and if so, what?

I'm just asking so we can get everything we might need - to the extent possible - all queued up and ready to be sent whenever PPR arrives. Because, you know, waiting is boring.

kfair001

Star Member
Jan 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 30, 2012
AOR Received.
October 12, 2012
File Transfer...
October 12, 2012
Med's Done....
June 25, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
January 29, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
March 25, 2013
LANDED..........
May 27, 2013
IvanP said:
Quick PPR query for those who've received PPR from Ottawa recently.

Has CIC asked for anything other than a scanned copy of your passport, and if so, what?

I'm just asking so we can get everything we might need - to the extent possible - all queued up and ready to be sent whenever PPR arrives. Because, you know, waiting is boring.
This is what we received...

REQUEST FOR DOCUMENTS AND PASSPORT COPIES

Dear XXXXXXXXXXXX:

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada as a member of the family class. We have now completed the initial assessment of your application, and expect to finalize your application without a personal interview. While an interview does not appear necessary at this time, we reserve the right to call you to an interview, should this become necessary at some future stage in processing.

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY ALL OF THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION BEFORE PROCEEDING FURTHER. YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE FINALIZED BY THE CASE PROCESSING PILOT – OTTAWA (“CPP-O”).

In order to continue processing your application, the following is required:

 COPY OR SCANNED IMAGE of your passport and passports of your accompanying family members, as noted below.

 Please provide details/information/proof/plans as to your intent to permanently reside in Canada

He was asked for a scanned copy of his passport which they already had but wanted another. They also asked for a letter from him addressed to OTT-Pilot stating what his intentions were after landing. For example, we explained where we would be living and we wrote how he wants to start looking for a job as soon as he gets here. We explained the line of work he will be getting into and maybe down the road how he might want to go back to school. Since we are common-law we talked about when we would like to formally marry and purchase a house together. It was essentially a letter explaining what his goals are and what our goals as a couple are. But that is all we were asked for that letter and a scanned copy of the passport.

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
kfair001 said:
This is what we received...
Thanks so much - this is very helpful. Anyone else get anything different/additional with a recent PPR request?

Agnelo

Sep 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-27-2012
AOR Received.
10-04-2012
File Transfer...
10-04-2012
Med's Done....
05-01-2012
REQUEST FOR DOCUMENTS AND PASSPORT COPIES

Dear XXXXXX:

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada as a member of the family class. We have now completed the initial assessment of your application, and expect to finalize your application without a personal interview. While an interview does not appear necessary at this time, we reserve the right to call you to an interview, should this become necessary at some future stage in processing.

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY ALL OF THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION BEFORE PROCEEDING FURTHER. YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE FINALIZED BY THE CASE PROCESSING PILOT – OTTAWA (“CPP-O”).

In order to continue processing your application, the following is required:

Ø COPY OR SCANNED IMAGE of your passport and passports of your accompanying family members, as noted below.

Please note: All documents must be accompanied by English or French translations. When original documents are requested, notarised documents are not acceptable.

Passport Copies:You are a citizen of a country that is exempted from obtaining a visa to visit Canada under Regulation 190 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations. You are therefore required to send only a copy or scanned image of the photo page of your passport and of any pages indicating a validity extension or change to your personal information. You must submit these copies/scans for yourself and for all your accompanying family member(s).

DO NOT SEND YOUR ORIGINAL PASSPORT(S). We require copies of a VALID passport for yourself and every accompanying family member. Please note that permanent resident visas cannot be issued on Diplomatic, Official or Military passports.

Canuck20

Nov 5, 2012
Beaverton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/08/2012
AOR Received.
NA
File Transfer...
24/09/2012
Med's Done....
24/07/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19/02/2013
VISA ISSUED...
9/05/2013
LANDED..........
24/05/2013
Love to see all those July green lines taking over the spreadsheet :)