Waived
Passport Req..
19/02/2013
VISA ISSUED...
9/05/2013
LANDED..........
24/05/2013
brightredscream said:
Congrats to all who have landed/have had good news!
Thanks brightredscream :D

shanmba1174

Star Member
Nov 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2012
AOR Received.
04-12-2012
File Transfer...
13-12-2012
Med's Done....
15-06-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-06-2013
LANDED..........
26-06-2013 (DONE - thank u all)
Update :

Got a call from CPP- Ottawa and they asked few basic questions ..
1) How long i have been married
2) How soon you can move to canada?
3) what are your plans once i move to canada?? To look for job:)

i answered all the questions, he said " Thank YOU".. i asked him a question? " How long i should wait for the outcome of the application?" ! He laughed and said you will hear from us .

After 2 hours i got an email for PPR . So, Ivanp/amikety - Please update the status on the SS.

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
You are updated! They better not call me. I'll invite them over for dinner!

Or maybe they should call me?

evanbigfan

Star Member
Apr 10, 2013
Thailand
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa 21 january then Amman 20 june
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-dec-2012
AOR Received.
18 january 2013
File Transfer...
21-january-2013 (in process March 7 2013) then sent to Amman office June 20 2013
Med's Request
Sent with application
Med's Done....
30-sep-2012
Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
17 July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
31 July 2013
LANDED..........
07 August 2013
shanmba1174 said:
Update :

Got a call from CPP- Ottawa and they asked few basic questions ..
1) How long i have been married
2) How soon you can move to canada?
3) what are your plans once i move to canada?? To look for job:)

i answered all the questions, he said " Thank YOU".. i asked him a question? " How long i should wait for the outcome of the application?" ! He laughed and said you will hear from us .

After 2 hours i got an email for PPR . So, Ivanp/amikety - Please update the status on the SS.
Congrats, seems Ottawa are working this week :

muffy1

Feb 21, 2012
CONGRATS to everyone who's seen some movement!! Still waiting for my COPR BUT we did cross back into Canada today and on our way in stopped at the Immigration office. I was told that my application has been approved and COPR has been sent out registered mail.....here's hoping it gets here tomorrow :) or any day this week :)

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
muffy1 said:
CONGRATS to everyone who's seen some movement!! Still waiting for my COPR BUT we did cross back into Canada today and on our way in stopped at the Immigration office. I was told that my application has been approved and COPR has been sent out registered mail.....here's hoping it gets here tomorrow :) or any day this week :)
"Border crossings: more reliable than ECAS"

muffy1

Feb 21, 2012
IvanP said:
"Border crossings: more reliable than ECAS"
Hahaha....good one IvanP :)....you made my morning! I've been able to get better/more reliable info than ecas or calling CIC at the border crossings. I've actually had such pleasant dealings with the officers at the border. On one trip, I stopped in to see if I could apply for a work permit or if I qualified under NAFTA. The officer told me that I did not qualify under NAFTA, and applying outland = no work permit. But he said to me "I think we might be able to get you a work permit anyway....hold on....let me talk to my supervisor." A half hour later he comes back and, in the end, that didn't work either, but it was still nice that he tried/"went the extra mile" because, when dealing with CIC, it's as though you can't get answers to anything!

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
muffy1 said:
Hahaha....good one IvanP :)....you made my morning! I've been able to get better/more reliable info than ecas or calling CIC at the border crossings. I've actually had such pleasant dealings with the officers at the border. On one trip, I stopped in to see if I could apply for a work permit or if I qualified under NAFTA. The officer told me that I did not qualify under NAFTA, and applying outland = no work permit. But he said to me "I think we might be able to get you a work permit anyway....hold on....let me talk to my supervisor." A half hour later he comes back and, in the end, that didn't work either, but it was still nice that he tried/"went the extra mile" because, when dealing with CIC, it's as though you can't get answers to anything!
I've had good experiences with the Canadian side of the border as well.

Not happy with Ottawa, though. It's been 85 days since their PPR, document and photo request, 77 days since their office actually received those items from us. Last week I emailed our MP (future MP - still living in the US so don't really have an MP yet, but I've got a lease in his district that starts July 1...), and am waiting to hear back. I'll call the MP's office in a day or two if I don't get a response. I don't think there's any issue with our application (which should be really straightforward), our VO is just sitting on the file...

muffy1

Feb 21, 2012
IvanP said:
I've had good experiences with the Canadian side of the border as well.

Not happy with Ottawa, though. It's been 85 days since their PPR, document and photo request, 77 days since their office actually received those items from us. Last week I emailed our MP (future MP - still living in the US so don't really have an MP yet, but I've got a lease in his district that starts July 1...), and am waiting to hear back. I'll call the MP's office in a day or two if I don't get a response. I don't think there's any issue with our application (which should be really straightforward), our VO is just sitting on the file...
It's coming.....try to stay positive and I'll send some happy thoughts and prayers your way! This may be a stupid question, but have you tried emailing Ottawa? I only ask because the times I emailed them this month, I either received a response within a few hours or saw some movement on my file (at least within ecas) the next day. I'm sure it's just coincidence but you never know. And I only say this because I didn't receive PPR until May 14th, so I would assume you would have already received your COPR. Definitely contact your MP. If anyone can help or get some kind of answers for you, it's your MP! I did not have any luck with our MP at the time I contacted them and their office was actually ridiculously rude to me with her assistant yelling at me (I didn't do anything to provoke her), our MP's office is a joke. I hear, though, that our experience is not the norm.

I think this last little wait is quite the worst! You've received your PPR, so you KNOW the end is near and you can feel it within reach.......it'll get to you soon and please do keep me posted when you do get it!!!! I"ll celebrate over here for you :)))

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
muffy1 said:
I think this last little wait is quite the worst!
Yes. Wrote to Ottawa again. Our VO hasn't yet responded to our queries, so I'm not optimistic.

muffy1

Feb 21, 2012
I understand.....I'll be optimistic for you :)

Would you happen to know, for the visa-exempt in Canada, would the COPR be sent via Canada Post?

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
muffy1 said:
I understand.....I'll be optimistic for you :)

Would you happen to know, for the visa-exempt in Canada, would the COPR be sent via Canada Post?
Thanks for your optimism!

I believe all COPRs sent from within Canada are sent by Canada Post.

texancanadian

Feb 6, 2013
London, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2012
AOR Received.
18-12-2012
File Transfer...
17-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-09-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21-08-2013
LANDED..........
26-08-2013
I hope you get an answer Ivan (preferably in the form of a COPR)!

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
texancanadian said:
I hope you get an answer Ivan (preferably in the form of a COPR)!
Thanks. Probably within a month, I keep telling myself. I say "I keep telling myself" because I told that to myself in March, and then in April, and then in May, and I will, in a few days, tell that to myself in June...

lalune117

Star Member
Feb 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2012
Doc's Request.
RPRF Requested: 19-02-2013
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
19-06-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2013
I spoke with the MP's office today. They said that they have checked into my file and that it is "in queue for final review", and that I should hear something by the end of August.