+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CPP-OTT AOR without Medical?

Markisa

Feb 28, 2012
I know that this been asked a million time about "AOR without Medical" but i checked and everyone who got sent to CPP-OTT got their medical at the same day as the AOR. It's been a month for me and i am quite worried now. I sent email this morning and they told me that it is still under review.

ane

May 10, 2011
App. Filed.......
May 8 2019
AOR Received.
July 17 2019
Markisa said:
I know that this been asked a million time about "AOR without Medical" but i checked and everyone who got sent to CPP-OTT got their medical at the same day as the AOR. It's been a month for me and i am quite worried now. I sent email this morning and they told me that it is still under review.
Hi
I also got only AOR last week. No medical with AOR. I think lately they are sending only AOR. In my AOR they mentioned average application processing time is 10 months.
ane

ane

May 10, 2011
App. Filed.......
May 8 2019
AOR Received.
July 17 2019
Markisa said:
Mine too, it says 10 months but a lot of people got it less than 10 months...
Any news of medical

pdo

Star Member
Feb 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo (transferred to Ottawa CPP-O)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2011
AOR Received.
02-02-2012
File Transfer...
02-02-2011
Med's Request
27-02-2012
Med's Done....
07-03-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
23-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2012
LANDED..........
28-06-2012
Took me about 3.5 weeks to get my med request after receiving my AOR.

ane

May 10, 2011
App. Filed.......
May 8 2019
AOR Received.
July 17 2019
Markisa said:
Man its almost 2 months now and still nothing from CPP OTT :( :(
It is already a Month after getting AOR. No news of medical

deepocan

Star Member
Mar 27, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
...but I am in worse situation, I got my AOR in October without Medical, still have not received medical. Last week I emailed them to find out status of my application, they(Buffalo) replied me your file is in process...
It's been over 6 months, I am really worrying about it....
Any comment would be great help....

canpaki

Mar 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 August 2011
AOR Received.
27 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
27 Jan 2012 CPP-OTTAWA
Med's Request
27 Jan 2012
Med's Done....
17 Feb 2012 .... ecas shows in process
Interview........
... no
Passport Req..
....not yet
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
not yet
HI every one

I was reading on forums that some files are tranfered to CPP - ottawa from Buffalo office for so called faster processing. But, was curious to know, what CPP exactly does and how they function? So, I googled some information and found out some interesting facts. Especially why, Sept 2011 applicants are getting lucky over previous month applicants for getting their AOR and medical within a month.

The implementation of this pilot project will take place in two phases, as detailed below. The procedures will remain in place for at least two years. An assessment of the pilot will be conducted at the end of the first year.

Phase 1 – File Creation
Period: April 2011 to September 2011

Step Action
1 CBSA forwards the paper file to CPP-O.
2 CPP-O creates the GCMS file, initiates mandatory checks (security checks only) and forwards the file to the visa office for processing. CPP-O will not communicate with the client or the sponsor during this phase to avoid confusion for the client.
During Phase 1, CPP-O will develop quality assurance tools for this pilot and create guidelines to help triage files into different risk categories, with the assistance of Operational Management and Coordination (OMC) Branch and International Region.

Phase 2 – Full Processing of Cases
Period: September 2011 – April 2012

Step Action
1 CBSA forwards the paper file to CPP-O.
2 CPP-O creates the GCMS file and initiates mandatory checks (security checks only).
3.a For files with relatively low admissibility risks, CPP-O will process cases to final decision. Permanent Resident Visas and Confirmations of Permanent Residence will be printed at the visa office. CPP-O will retain the file.
3.b For files with complex admissibility risks, the files will be sent to the visa office for processing. CPP-O will not communicate with the client or the sponsor to avoid confusion for the client.
CPP-O will send a copy of the IAD decision to the relevant visa office for those cases which CPP-O will process to final decision.

Reference source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/...