+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CPCO final request- please help me understand correctly!!

mira_johnson

Sep 30, 2015
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-2017
LANDED..........
10-2017
I just received an email from immigration named "CPCO- final request" before the issue of confirmation for permanent residency.

The email is very general so I am analysing the content based on what specifically applies to me. I have three very specific questions regarding their final request.

Firstly, I need a eTA, not a VISA, to travel to Canada currently and so I interpreted that:
I do not need to send my physical passport, only submit one photocopy of the photo page and any pages containing amendments of the valid passport for me and my accompanying family members.

Later in the same document, they write that:

"You should expect to be without your passport(s) for four weeks, so do not arrange any travel that will require your passport(s) during this period."
1.) Does the above message apply to me, since I only need to submit a photocopy of my valid passport and not my physical passport?

2.) They want me to mail two photos of myself and my accompanying family members . The specifications ask for a professional photo taken within the past 6 months. **We had a professional photo done EXACTLY six month from immigration CPCO-final request letter. Will we need to get new ones done or will they meet their "within the 6 months"- e.g. when do they date 6 months back?

3.) I honestly don't understand how and where they want me to send the professional photos? No address seem to be specified for applicants who do not need a travel VISA and who use the MyCIC online account.

I am so grateful for any prompt response to this matter!

For a copy of the email received:

STEP 2: Passport Requirements – Determine if you need to submit your passport(s)

· Determine whether you require a visa to enter Canada at:

www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/visit/visas.asp

· Please note that if you or your accompanying family members are permanent residents of the U.S.A and a holder of a passport which requires a visa to enter Canada, you are still required to submit your passport(s).

If you require a visa to enter Canada, then submit your passport(s):

• Please provide your valid passport or travel document and a valid passport or travel document for each accompanying family member. An accompanying family member must have his or her own passport or travel document.
  • There must be at least two blank pages in your passport(s).
  • Please note that permanent resident visas cannot be placed in Diplomatic, Official or Military passports or travel documents.
  • All passports must be intact and not worn, torn or otherwise damaged; the laminate on the bio-data page must be securely attached. Each page must be securely affixed to the passport; there cannot be any loose pages.
  • Your Permanent Resident document(s) will expire one year after the date of your medical examinations or earlier if your passport or the passports of your spouse or dependant children (if applicable) expire on an earlier date.

If you do not require a visa to enter Canada:

• Please submit one photocopy of the photo page and any pages containing amendments of the valid passport for you and one for each accompanying family member .
  • Your Permanent Resident document(s) will expire one year after the date of your medical examinations or earlier if your passport or the passports of your spouse or dependant children (if applicable) expire on an earlier date.
  • Please note that you cannot use a Diplomatic, Official or Military passport to travel to Canada to become a permanent resident of Canada. You must be in possession of an ordinary passport.

STEP 3: PREPARE YOUR DOCUMENTS

You must submit together:

1. One copy of this letter, including the Updated Information Chart in Appendix A.

Note: Visa exempt applicants using MyCIC are not required to submit a physical copy –please upload this information to your MyCIC account.

2. Passport(s) OR photocopy(ies) of passport(s), as explained in Step 2.

Note: Visa exempt applicants using MyCIC are not required to submit a physical copy – please upload this information to your MyCIC account.

3. Two (2) photos of yourself and of each accompanying family member respecting precise specifications that can be found at:

www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf

Note: All visa exempt applicants, including those using MyCIC, are required to mail/courier their photos. **Please ensure you clearly indicate your application number on the back of your photos.

STEP 4: SUBMIT YOUR DOCUMENTS

All required documents must be submitted in one single package.

1. To submit your package to London:

· For citizens of a country required to obtain a visa to Canada - Via the Visa Application Centre (VAC) in London

Please visit the VAC website for details on how to submit your package for secure transmission and for issuance of the permanent resident visa(s). (*Please note fees apply) http://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/UnitedKingdom/index.html.

· For citizens not using MyCIC and of a country that is exempt from obtaining a visa to Canada – Via courier or mail directly to the London office.

Mail or courier your package to:

VPU Processing (LDN)

Immigration Division - Canadian High Commission

Canada House

Trafalgar Square

London, SW1Y 5BJ

United Kingdom

In your package, include a self-addressed envelope that is A4 size or larger (21cm x 30cm or 8.5” x 12”). Do not put stamps on your return envelope. Do not use a courier envelope as your return envelope. If your return address is in the UK, you may use a Royal Mail Special Delivery envelope that is large enough (keep a copy of the tracking number). For packages signed for on receipt at the High Commission, you may be able to track receipt via the website of the courier company.

· For citizens using MyCIC AND from a country that is exempt from obtaining a visa to Canada –

Please mail/courier only your photos (see ‘STEP 3: PREPARE YOUR DOCUMENTS’ above). All other information must be uploaded to your MyCIC account.

You should expect to be without your passport(s) for four weeks, so do not arrange any travel that will require your passport(s) during this period.

If you have not heard from us after four weeks, you may contact us using the email form on our website. We will not respond to queries received during this four week period.

Que Em

Apr 14, 2016
LANDED..........
2017-07-17
1. Not applicable.
2. Get new ones.
3. Mail/courier your photos directly to the London office [and upload other documents through your MyCIC account or submit using the web form if no space is created for uploading the documents].

Mailing address is the same, I guess:

"Mail or courier your package to:

VPU Processing (LDN)
Canada House
Trafalgar Square
London, SW1Y 5BJ
United Kingdom

In your package, include a self-addressed envelope that is A4 size or larger (21cm x 30cm or 8.5” x 12”). Do not put stamps on your return envelope. Do not use a courier envelope as your return envelope. If your return address is in the UK, you may use a Royal Mail Special Delivery envelope that is large enough (keep a copy of the tracking number). For packages signed for on receipt at the High Commission, you may be able to track receipt via the website of the courier company."

Congratulations and good luck!

Last edited:

mira_johnson

Sep 30, 2015
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-2017
LANDED..........
10-2017
1. Not applicable.
2. Get new ones.
3. Mail/courier your photos directly to the London office [and upload other documents through your MyCIC account or submit using the web form if no space is created for uploading the documents].

Mailing address is the same, I guess:

"Mail or courier your package to:

VPU Processing (LDN)
Canada House
Trafalgar Square
London, SW1Y 5BJ
United Kingdom

In your package, include a self-addressed envelope that is A4 size or larger (21cm x 30cm or 8.5” x 12”). Do not put stamps on your return envelope. Do not use a courier envelope as your return envelope. If your return address is in the UK, you may use a Royal Mail Special Delivery envelope that is large enough (keep a copy of the tracking number). For packages signed for on receipt at the High Commission, you may be able to track receipt via the website of the courier company."

Congratulations and good luck!

Thank you for your reply!
2.) Can you please elaborate why you believe that I need to get new photos? Our photos were taken 4th of January 2017. Their letter was dated 4th of July 2017= exactly 6 months. We have not changed our appearance. Will it not reach the 6 months requirement?

All the best~

mira_johnson

Sep 30, 2015
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-2017
LANDED..........
10-2017
Another question I have is whether this also applies to my non-accompanying spouse?! He is classified as my non-accompanying dependent

Que Em

Apr 14, 2016
LANDED..........
2017-07-17
Thank you for your reply!
2.) Can you please elaborate why you believe that I need to get new photos? Our photos were taken 4th of January 2017. Their letter was dated 4th of July 2017= exactly 6 months. We have not changed our appearance. Will it not reach the 6 months requirement?

All the best~
The photographs must reflect your current appearance (taken within the past six (6) months). I think, IRCC means taken within the six months from the date of submission [processing of visa/CoPR]. Just take the new ones, to be on the safe side. It's not a big deal.

jiger kothamdi

Star Member
Feb 17, 2017
LAGOS, NIGERIA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nigeria
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2017-02-21
AOR Received.
2017-06-17
Passport Req..
26-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
18-09-2017
Hi does it mean that you have rec'd pr for Canada. As I also recd the same email and have submitted the passports but till date no change in my cicaccount. It's been 7 working days since I sent passport VFS Nigeria.

GaneshaON_3

Jun 12, 2017
Hello All Experts,

I am the follower of this forum.
I have a question,I got my passport with COPR which have expiry date till Jan/16/2018.but due to some personal problem its look like my wife wont be able to make it till then.
In that case what can be done? is there any way we can extend the expiry date of COPR.please suggest me the procedure if there is any.

thanks in advance

jiger kothamdi

Star Member
Feb 17, 2017
LAGOS, NIGERIA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nigeria
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2017-02-21
AOR Received.
2017-06-17
Passport Req..
26-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
18-09-2017
Hello All Experts,

I am the follower of this forum.
I have a question,I got my passport with COPR which have expiry date till Jan/16/2018.but due to some personal problem its look like my wife wont be able to make it till then.
In that case what can be done? is there any way we can extend the expiry date of COPR.please suggest me the procedure if there is any.

thanks in advance
Hi technically you and your wife will have to reach before expiry of passport. No option in that. But I still Suggest you open a webform and ask cic.

GaneshaON_3

Jun 12, 2017
Hi technically you and your wife will have to reach before expiry of passport. No option in that. But I still Suggest you open a webform and ask cic.
thanks for ur rpy,her passport is expiring in 2024 but COPR and medical is expiring on Jan/16/2018.mine question is what I have to do if due to some problem she will be travelling after Jan/16/2018.

jiger kothamdi

Star Member
Feb 17, 2017
LAGOS, NIGERIA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nigeria
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2017-02-21
AOR Received.
2017-06-17
Passport Req..
26-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
18-09-2017
thanks for ur rpy,her passport is expiring in 2024 but COPR and medical is expiring on Jan/16/2018.mine question is what I have to do if due to some problem she will be travelling after Jan/16/2018.
Technically u have to recharge before your medical or passport expires. But u can reach before her but it's best to ask mycic via webform what to do

maddymaddy

Feb 23, 2017
Hey Ganesha
Did you find out anything from CIC in this regards?
My situation is similar to what you have. Appreciate if you could let me know.