+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CPC Vegreville work permit error!

lazenby

Jul 23, 2009
Hey everyone,

I really hope someone can reply and offer some advice or reassurement! I applied for my work permit after my previous visa expired but paid a restoration fee of 250 bucks as well as the 150 application price. I included all my documents; LMO, job offer, CAQ (I live in Montreal) and then after 3 months waiting I got a refusal letter.

The reason I was told was that the LMO was not included. I know for sure that it was so the only logical explanation is that they missed it! I have passed on the LMO file number through the call centre and have also sent a copy in the post. My boss has also sent a letter testifying to the fact. Now I have to wait for them to either issue the permit or not admit their mistake! Meanwhile I have hardly any money left and who knows how long it could take!

Does anyone know what my chances are? Am I doing the right thing? How long could this take?

Any thoughts are appreciated,

Matt

ryetams

Star Member
Mar 1, 2009
if youre still in the 90 days period after your visa expired then youre still good... if youre out of the 90 days period after your visa expired then thats a problem.. lets wait for the seniors to comment on this... good luck! :D

lazenby

Jul 23, 2009
Why would I have a slim chance if it's them that's made the mistake? I sent the LMO and they claim it was missing! Also, I presume my restoration fee gave me implied status until my file had been worked on, but according to the letter I received I have no legal status in the country. The person I spoke to at the call centre told me to stay until the file has been revised.

ryetams

Star Member
Mar 1, 2009
like what i said if you're still on the 90 days after your visa expired you're good dont worry that much and youre right they will not force you to go home until they come up of a decision so stay put and be safe... good luck :D

lazenby

Jul 23, 2009
i called yesterday to double check and was told I have implied status at the moment so i'm okay to be here until the work permit has been revised. fingers crossed!