+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CPC Mississauga Updates?

user11110000

Star Member
Jan 30, 2019
Congrats! This is great news. I'm on the same stage with eligibility (still in process) but security is not initiated yet, do you happen to know when they started to review yours? Just curious how long it takes for them to review bgc and security.
I think (but am not sure) that they started on January 4th 2021. We had an update in the GC Key then that said "January 4, 2021 we are reviewing the additional documents you provided". Since we didn't send any additional docs, we think that's when they started reviewing the security and background. But it's just a guess

Reactions: LJayme

jetlagmon

Oct 23, 2019
GC Key was down yesterday, but ours got updated and stated that our Re-Medical Exam passed on May 17. It took more than ten working days for them to note this. Combine this development with the pre-arrival letter + notes from our MP stating that "the sponsored person (the applicant) has met the eligibility requirements (April 26)" — and hopefully we get the next steps soon. They seem to move on a week to week basis. But at least they are moving.

NK^2

Star Member
Feb 24, 2020
Hi everyone. Just heard back from our PM. IRCC told them that the medical has been extended until Mar 31 2022. They also said the security and background check are both complete. So I think that only leaves eligibility left. Hopefully the fact that they extended the medical is a good sign.

Any thoughts on what that means? Will the eligibility take a long time to be approved? (We are common law).
Can’t provide insight into the time frame. But what’s your timeline and PA country? May help others identify based on where theirs are at.

psha01

Oct 12, 2018
Decemeber 2019 applicant. Medical expired February 2021.

Today the status changed to - We are reviewing the results of your medical exam.

Does this mean they are extending the results?

MayTa

Jan 27, 2020

Today the status changed to - We are reviewing the results of your medical exam.

Can mean two things. They are going to extend it or you will receive a remedical request in the next days

Reactions: psha01

LJayme

Star Member
Feb 2, 2021
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Hi Guys! I received my notes today, I noticed that nothing was changed except for the medical part since it's already expired. I just don't understand why my MP told me last April 15 that eligibility is already in process when clearly the notes are saying that it's not. And it looks it still hasn't been assign to any officer yet since it says "Inventory-SPR".

Generated Date: May 18, 2021
App Status: Open
App Status Reason: Inventory-SPR

Assessment:
Eligibility: Not Started
Security: Not Started
Criminality: Passed
Medical: Passed - Expired
Info Sharing: Complete

This is frustrating :(

Last edited:

MayTa

Jan 27, 2020
Hi Guys! I received my notes today, I noticed that nothing was changed except for the medical part since it's already expired. I just don't understand why my MP told me last April 15 that eligibility is already in process when clearly the notes are saying that it's not. And it looks it still hasn't been assign to any officer yet since it says "Inventory-SPR".

Requested Date: May 18, 2021

Assessment:

When did you order the notes ? Your MP gave you an update on April 15 that eligibility is in process.. if you ordered the notes before contacting your MP, that means the notes you received are not up to date. You can see at the end of any page of the notes, it will say the date that they generated it.. In my case, I received on April 17 the notes but it was generated on March 13.. that means the notes show all the informations of my file on March 13.. you know?

LJayme

Star Member
Feb 2, 2021
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
When did you order the notes ? Your MP gave you an update on April 15 that eligibility is in process.. if you ordered the notes before contacting your MP, that means the notes you received are not up to date. You can see at the end of any page of the notes, it will say the date that they generated it.. In my case, I received on April 17 the notes but it was generated on March 13.. that means the notes show all the informations of my file on March 13.. you know?
I ordered it last month but had to confirm what I needed last week. The notes were generated yesterday so it’s definitely up to date. :(

• Sad
Reactions: MayTa

MayTa

Jan 27, 2020
I ordered it last month but had to confirm what I needed last week. The notes were generated yesterday so it’s definitely up to date. :(
I don’t understand how come the MP can get false informations..I suggest you to contact him/her again and tell him/her that your notes show that nothing started yet :/

LJayme

Star Member
Feb 2, 2021
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
MP's Update:

• The application was received at the Case Processing Centre in Sydney (CPC-S), Nova Scotia, on January 16, 2020.
  • The initial assessment to ensure the sponsor meets all the sponsorship requirements was finalized on February 12, 2020.
  • The responsible office is currently reviewing the application and documents submitted to determine if the sponsored person (the applicant) meets the eligibility requirements,
    • the assessment for the applicant is still in process at the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga (CPC-M), Ontario.
  • The medical examination results have expired for the applicant.
  • The criminality verifications are currently valid.
  • The security verifications have not been initiated.
  • Due to COVID-19, IRCC is experiencing processing delays and we can’t provide you with accurate processing times for this application. Rest assured that we understand how important this process is for the applicant and are making all the necessary efforts to finalize the application as soon as possible.

Does that mean eligibility is in progress? If so, why my ECAS still shows "application received"? Thoughts anyone...
Hi! You might wanna double check with your MP if your eligibility is already started, because I remember that I was just few days earlier than you when I received the same information, and now to find out from my notes (received yesterday) and with calling IRCC call center today that nothing is started yet. But I hope your MP provided you with the right information, please keep us posted once you know. Thanks!

Reactions: rohitsagwal

djgidwani

Mar 21, 2017

Generated Date: May 18, 2021

Assessment:

I also got my notes just today ( at the bottom it says they were generated on 2021-05-04).
And I see the exact same thing.
(We have got the remedical and prearrival though (I assume which means eligibility is passed). I know some Jan folks started getting remedical and prearrival, so hopefully you will get it soon.

Also, AFAIK, these notes are generated around the date you order them but are delivered late, so they might not be 100 up to date

djgidwani

Mar 21, 2017

Ours changed to same thing last week, and we got the remedical and prearrival the very next day.

LJayme

Star Member
Feb 2, 2021
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
I also got my notes just today ( at the bottom it says they were generated on 2021-05-04).
And I see the exact same thing.
(We have got the remedical and prearrival though (I assume which means eligibility is passed). I know some Jan folks started getting remedical and prearrival, so hopefully you will get it soon.

Also, AFAIK, these notes are generated around the date you order them but are delivered late, so they might not be 100 up to date
But the thing is, I ordered the notes a few days after I received the update from my MP that eligibility is started, that's why it's confusing. I even spoke to a call center agent and she said the same thing, that nothing is started and it's not assign to any officer yet.

Last edited:

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
But the thing is, I ordered the notes a few days after I received the update from my MP that eligibility is started, that's why it's confusing.
Personally I put zero reliance on the phrase 'eligibility started' or similar. The whole process is eligibility.

I suspect what's actually going on is them looking at slightly different system flags, OR the gcms notes showing that because it's in a queue and hasn't been 'picked up' yet. Whereas the MP's information was based on 'passed this stage and after that is eligibility, therefore in process.'

In other words I don't think the discrepancy is meaningful at all.