+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CPC Mississauga Updates?

user11110000

Star Member
Jan 30, 2019
Did you ask your MP?

My MP though I felt like they dont want to help me much. They're the one who told me that Security has started last january.
Yep we contact the MP every 4 weeks. They just give the same updates...that because of Covid they can't give estimated times for completion, etc. They haven't been much help.

Super27

Star Member
Nov 24, 2020
MP's Update:

• The application was received at the Case Processing Centre in Sydney (CPC-S), Nova Scotia, on January 16, 2020.
  • The initial assessment to ensure the sponsor meets all the sponsorship requirements was finalized on February 12, 2020.
  • The responsible office is currently reviewing the application and documents submitted to determine if the sponsored person (the applicant) meets the eligibility requirements,
    • the assessment for the applicant is still in process at the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga (CPC-M), Ontario.
  • The medical examination results have expired for the applicant.
  • The criminality verifications are currently valid.
  • The security verifications have not been initiated.
  • Due to COVID-19, IRCC is experiencing processing delays and we can’t provide you with accurate processing times for this application. Rest assured that we understand how important this process is for the applicant and are making all the necessary efforts to finalize the application as soon as possible.

Does that mean eligibility is in progress? If so, why my ECAS still shows "application received"? Thoughts anyone...
Did you receive your gcms notes? Was there any update recently?

MayTa

Jan 27, 2020
Hi! I'm an Aug 2019 applicant as well. No updates at all on my side. No DM or PPR. Nada.
Hi, yes i am aug 2019 mississauga as well. Last update January 5, 2021 Security check started. No DM/PPR until now. :'(
Did one of you got remedical request? Or a extension ?
Also, what does it show on your GCMS notes.. is the eligibility passed? Criminality.. security..
I hope you’ll get good news soon..

user11110000

Star Member
Jan 30, 2019
Did one of you got remedical request? Or a extension ?
Also, what does it show on your GCMS notes.. is the eligibility passed? Criminality.. security..
I hope you’ll get good news soon..
No remedical. No extension. It says "you don't need a medical exam" it expired in Dec 2020. Eligibility in progress, criminality passed, security just has a 1 next to it and is blank otherwise.

MayTa

Jan 27, 2020
No remedical. No extension. It says "you don't need a medical exam" it expired in Dec 2020. Eligibility in progress, criminality passed, security just has a 1 next to it and is blank otherwise.
Same here, medical expired on Dec 2020. But when I order the gcms, there is a note saying that they sent a request on Feb 2021 to a immigration department to evaluate if they are going to extend the medical or send a request for a remedical.

jetlagmon

Oct 23, 2019
We don't know if this is CPC-M starting to work on backlogs, but our medical results were slated to expire on June 2021, and we just received a directive to initiate the medical process again a few hours ago. We also received an invite to pre-arrival services that we haven't gotten before.

Nov 2019 - Outland Application

MayTa

Jan 27, 2020
We don't know if this is CPC-M starting to work on backlogs, but our medical results were slated to expire on June 2021, and we just received a directive to initiate the medical process again a few hours ago. We also received an invite to pre-arrival services that we haven't gotten before.

Congrats ! That gives us hope

Last edited:

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014

That's a great news, what's your ecas status, before and now?
Thanks

jetlagmon

Oct 23, 2019
@Paul09
Ecas is — Sponsor: decision made / Applicant: In Process.
That's how it always was, but the ecas notes have also been updated to reflect the new instructions.

@Sananitha
The principal applicant is currently in Manila. 100% Outland. Nov 2019.

Reactions: Paul09

LJayme

Star Member
Feb 2, 2021
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Hi Guys! Just wanted to share that as I was scrolling through the page group of Spousal Sponsorship (FB), I saw another CPC-M January 2020 outland applicant (Philippines) who just recently (April 23) received her pre-arrival letter. She also mentioned that she has a friend with the same timeline who just recently got his/her ecas changed to "in process". This is giving me hope. :) We'll get our good news soon, so hang in there everyone.

Reactions: MayTa

jetlagmon

Oct 23, 2019
Another positive update for us cpc-m outland applicants:

Last Monday, I emailed our MP to check on our application. Just the usual thing, where the MP gets notes for you. The last time we got in touch with our MP was last January 2021, in the notes they got, it basically said that security/eligibility hasn't begun and the assessment was in process.

Just now, I received an email stating that my spouse met all the eligibility requirements and the "assessment was finalized APRIL 26 at the Case Processing Center- Mississauga (CPC-M), Ontario."

This might be it. Hope the rest flows smoothly.

Reactions: MayTa and LJayme

tjkdl

Star Member
Feb 14, 2020
I just want to share that I dropped by CPC-M on Monday, I wasn't able to visit their office to meet anyone as they are completely close to public. The receptionist lady told me that the CPC-M is operating, just in a way that their employee come to office on weekly basis and bring a batch of files back home to process. Let's just pray our case is the one that they bring home in next batch!!