10-08-2015
Passport Req..
14-09-2015 - submission 05-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
14-09-2015 - passport received on 21-10-2015
LANDED..........
17-04-2016 - received PR 19-06-2016 - OHIP 19-07-2016
Steps for my registration process;
1) Two forms to fill, sign and send ("International Candidate Application Form" and "Practical Experience Certificate for Internationally Trained Candidate")
2) "International Candidate Application Form" requires credit card information
3) "Practical Experience Certificate for Internationally Trained Candidate" requires your manager's signature and stamp or stamp from Notary in case of missing manager
4) On approval, (me under student path) Capstone 1 & 2 to complete to qualify for "Common Final Examination"
5) Study resources will be provided via online access (Design to Learn-D2L) on CPA website, after registration
6) Completion of Capstone 1 & 2, requires in-person study group which held only in Canada
7) Minimum of 3 years of eligible practical experience is required to avoid for practical training in Canada (refer Practical experience form for definition of eligible experience)
8) Updated resume and "Letter of Good standing" from eligible institute, ICAP in my case, are also mandatory requirements.

Admission Coordinator at CPA-Ontario blun@cpaontario.ca

imran364

Sep 8, 2015
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i have M.com (finance) degree and working a accountant in UAE from 8 years. My PR application is under process under spouse category.
i am planning to get some further degree in Accounting so that i can get some reasonable job in Canadian Market.
i heard about CPA & CGA . Please advise what type of course i can do online during my stay in UAE .

May2010applicant

May 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
April 2013
Passport Req..
January 2014
LANDED..........
January / February 2014
Your best option would be to complete CPA (USA) while you are staying in UAE. As long as you complete it before your initial landing in Canada, you can get Canadian CA through reciprocity exam.

imran364 said:
i have M.com (finance) degree and working a accountant in UAE from 8 years. My PR application is under process under spouse category.
i am planning to get some further degree in Accounting so that i can get some reasonable job in Canadian Market.
i heard about CPA & CGA . Please advise what type of course i can do online during my stay in UAE .

mf1987

Star Member
Aug 10, 2016
Hi Member,

your guidance is required, i have done M.Phil, MBA, & BBA in finance. and having the experience of more then 5 year from Pakistan . presently i am waiting for my Visa under spousal application.

i am thinking to go for CPA, could any one of you please guide me on this.

thanks

mustafa001

Star Member
Apr 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/2006
Doc's Request.
09/02/2009
AOR Received.
19/03/2007
IELTS Request
02/07/2009
Med's Request
04/04/2011
Med's Done....
30/04/2011
Interview........
31/01/2011
Passport Req..
02/06/2011
VISA ISSUED...
25/07/2011
LANDED..........
18/08/2011 ( Inshallah)
Dear All

I was completed PREP which is not difficult for the accounting and finance graduate . we will start PEP in Jan,28.2017 which is six courses - core 1- core 2- and two elective courses from taxes ,finance and Audit . to be eligible for practice accountant you should choose the audit 3- capstone 1 and 2

all the courses mentioned above are not finance by OSAB or any financial institutions and fees vary from 700 CAD per course in PREP and 1520 CAN per courses in PEP so CPA Canada is very expensive compared with USA CPA or ACCA and takes long of time normally not less than 3 years

Mohamed Mustafa

Vigilant

Champion Member
Nov 15, 2013
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
June-2010
Doc's Request.
Oct-2013
File Transfer...
June-2013
Med's Request
Jan-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
April 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May-2014
LANDED..........
June-2014
mustafa001 said:
Dear All

I was completed PREP which is not difficult for the accounting and finance graduate . we will start PEP in Jan,28.2017 which is six courses - core 1- core 2- and two elective courses from taxes ,finance and Audit . to be eligible for practice accountant you should choose the audit 3- capstone 1 and 2

all the courses mentioned above are not finance by OSAB or any financial institutions and fees vary from 700 CAD per course in PREP and 1520 CAN per courses in PEP so CPA Canada is very expensive compared with USA CPA or ACCA and takes long of time normally not less than 3 years

Mohamed Mustafa
Hi Mustfa,

I shall also start Capstone 1 in February 2017. Are you going for capstone or for elective modules?

Vigilant

Champion Member
Nov 15, 2013
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
June-2010
Doc's Request.
Oct-2013
File Transfer...
June-2013
Med's Request
Jan-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
April 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May-2014
LANDED..........
June-2014
abo0286 said:
How the job opportunities like after completing CPA PEP? Is there too much competition?
Hi,

Seems so. But mostly it depend on your luck and the contacts/references inside Canada..

Rawee

Star Member
Oct 6, 2016
NOC Code......
Looks like it is very difficult for accountants to start in Canada unlike IT guys

mubeenirfan

Nov 15, 2017
A question for CAs/Finance people here: Has anyone applied to CPA Canada (whichever province) based on ICAEW membership which has been gained through Pathways program. I am an ICAP member and have obtained ICAEW recently through ICAEW's Pathways Examination.

janz

Star Member
Sep 20, 2015
Steps for my registration process;
1) Two forms to fill, sign and send ("International Candidate Application Form" and "Practical Experience Certificate for Internationally Trained Candidate")
2) "International Candidate Application Form" requires credit card information
3) "Practical Experience Certificate for Internationally Trained Candidate" requires your manager's signature and stamp or stamp from Notary in case of missing manager
4) On approval, (me under student path) Capstone 1 & 2 to complete to qualify for "Common Final Examination"
5) Study resources will be provided via online access (Design to Learn-D2L) on CPA website, after registration
6) Completion of Capstone 1 & 2, requires in-person study group which held only in Canada
7) Minimum of 3 years of eligible practical experience is required to avoid for practical training in Canada (refer Practical experience form for definition of eligible experience)
8) Updated resume and "Letter of Good standing" from eligible institute, ICAP in my case, are also mandatory requirements.

Admission Coordinator at CPA-Ontario blun@cpaontario.ca

Hi. I did steps 1,2,3 but no response yet. So how many months will take them to assess.

janz

Star Member
Sep 20, 2015
Hi,
In response to your questions:
1. Since the last offering of the CKE and SOA exams have passed we are no longer accepting request for exemptions from the CKE and SOA. You may submit the completed Practical Experience Certificate for Internationally Trained Candidates at anytime. An assessment will be done when you send in the Practical Experience Certificate.
2. Approved courses can be found at the following link: http://www.cpaontario.ca/Admissions/QualificationProcess/ScheduleofUniversityCoursesforInstituteCredit/1014page15943.pdf
3. Please confirm with the university as to what the course entails.
4. As detailed on the Practical Experience Certificate for Internationally Trained Candidates page 10. The third party verifier must review and sign the Experience Certificate and must meet the following criteria:
E. Third party verification
Third-party verification is required of the previous experience position(s) held, the description of the place of employment or practice
and the specific responsibilities carried out or functions performed. Such verification must be made directly on this form in the place
indicated below.
The third party verifier must be a person to whom the applicant directly reported or was otherwise directly accountable in the
applicant’s carrying out of his or her responsibilities or in the performance of his or her job functions described on this certification
form. If the person to whom the applicant directly reported or was directly accountable is no longer available to provide the verification,
such verification may be made by:
• a person who is currently an appropriately senior manager, executive, officer, partner or director of the place of employment,
OR
• a person who is in a management, executive or oversight role with the professional services practice,
AND
• has personal knowledge of the applicant’s having held the position(s)reported by the applicant on this certification form and the
applicant’s having held the responsibilities carried out or performed the functions indicated for such position(s),or
• has access to the applicable records or documentation of the place of employment or practice and has verified following review
or inspection of such records that the applicant held the position(s) reported on this certification form and carried out the
responsibilities or performed the functions reported on this certification form.

5. I believe those who don't complete the legacy program requirements ie. CKE, SOA, UFE will need to complete a transitional bridging program and enter the challenge path in the CPA Certification Program. However communication confirming requirements for admission to membership will be sent.
http://www.cpaontario.ca/Students/CPAcertification/PEP/1014page17397.pdf

Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario
69 Bloor Street East Toronto ON M4W 1B3
Tel: 416 969.4322 Fax: 416 962.8900
Toll free: 1 800 387.0735 Ext. 4322
e-mail: customerservice@cpaontario.ca
www.cpaontario.ca

Hello. When did you receive the result of the assessment. I submitted mine last year but still no progress.

Ahsan576

Nov 24, 2017
Hi. I submitted my application for CPA through MRA with ACCA via CPA Ontario portal on 7th Dec'18. CPA Ontario recently have made a portal on Nov'18 but they are facing a issue in their portal i.e. the payment link is not integrated with the portal making it impossible for me to execute payment. I am getting just a little frustrated now because review of my application has not started due to their internal issues and their review process takes another 2-3 months after they payment is done from my side.

Can anyone prescribe the timeline it might take to sort out their issues in the portal because apparently they are not giving any timeline. They just stated 2-3 weeks back that their IT and Finance team are working on it and yesterday again received same reply from them.

Xanyar

Mar 1, 2019
Hello to you guys. I need some help. I am an IFAC member. As you know IFAC members get exemption for perquisite courses in CPA Canada. I have had my academic credentials evaluated by WES as Master's degree. How can i get my IFAC membership evaluated too? I want to use the score for my express entry profile. I mean there should be a way in doing this. If CPA Canada gives such an exemption for its CPA course then it must have credit for Canada immigration office as well.

Reactions: Sinki_Bot