+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CPA (Ontario) for Internationally Qualified Accountants

Ready 2 Go

Aug 10, 2015
Hi Everyone,

I am planning to land in Canada somewhere during 2016, right now I am working in Abu Dhabi. I got CPA-CGA membership on basis of ACCA.
I will strongly urge NOC 1111 professional to keep this forum alive so that everyone on this forum gets valuable information in deciding place to settle and find a suitable job.

Many Thanks.

ali_aff

Star Member
Jun 21, 2014
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2014
AOR Received.
16-01-2015
File Transfer...
SLU - 03-07-2015
Med's Request
29-07-2015
Med's Done....
10-08-2015
Passport Req..
14-09-2015 - submission 05-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
14-09-2015 - passport received on 21-10-2015
LANDED..........
17-04-2016 - received PR 19-06-2016 - OHIP 19-07-2016
Ready 2 Go said:
Hi Everyone,
I am planning to land in Canada somewhere during 2016, right now I am working in Abu Dhabi. I got CPA-CGA membership on basis of ACCA.
I will strongly urge NOC 1111 professional to keep this forum alive so that everyone on this forum gets valuable information in deciding place to settle and find a suitable job.
Many Thanks.
Can you please PM your contact No., I am also in Abu Dhabi and would be oblige by your guidance.
I am ACA-Pakistan

ali_aff

Star Member
Jun 21, 2014
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2014
AOR Received.
16-01-2015
File Transfer...
SLU - 03-07-2015
Med's Request
29-07-2015
Med's Done....
10-08-2015
Passport Req..
14-09-2015 - submission 05-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
14-09-2015 - passport received on 21-10-2015
LANDED..........
17-04-2016 - received PR 19-06-2016 - OHIP 19-07-2016
I am planning to pursue CPA in Ontario. I have already filled following forms;
1) International Candidate Application Form 2) Practical Experience Certificate for Internationally Trained Candidate

However, I need your guidance for following queries;
1) Fees and payment procedure from outside Canada
2) Practical Experience Certificate from my employers in Pakistan cannot be provided as I am residing in UAE since April 2008 and have no contacts with previous employers. However, I have reference/experience letters from all except one.
3) Is Practical Experience Certificate from is to be provided for all roles with existing employer or for the most recent one.
4) Do they accept direct email for submission of Letter of Good Standing from "Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan" and "Institute of Cost & Management of Pakistan".
5) Do they accept email submission of all forms including Affidavit.
6) Procedure after registration in case I decide to relocate outside Ontario

Please guide!

Coolnadz

Star Member
May 27, 2014
I am also ACCA member and want to acquire CPA through mra between acca and cpa. Do anyone have any idea about this

Ready 2 Go

Aug 10, 2015
Coolnadz said:
I am also ACCA member and want to acquire CPA through mra between acca and cpa. Do anyone have any idea about this
Process is not complex but it might take upto 1 month which includes:

Initial application to CGA British Columbia
Transcripts directly from ACCA, membership cert. copy
Completion of Overview of Canadian Tax and Law
Application for Direct membership to CPA
Payment of fee for next batch

you can contact CGA-BCinternationalinquiries @ bccpa . ca (without space for more info)

Coolnadz

Star Member
May 27, 2014
Ready 2 Go said:
Process is not complex but it might take upto 1 month which includes:

Initial application to CGA British Columbia
Transcripts directly from ACCA, membership cert. copy
Completion of Overview of Canadian Tax and Law
Application for Direct membership to CPA
Payment of fee for next batch

you can contact CGA-BCinternationalinquiries @ bccpa . ca (without space for more info)
Thank you for your response. There is a requirement of 03 or 04 years of post secondary bachelors degree also which I don't have, is there any way out

abdul rehman qureshi

May 20, 2015
Ready 2 Go said:
Hi Abdul,

If you are an ACCA, you are not required to give any formal paper for CPA. All you need to do is to contact CPA-CGA they will ask for some documents including
- CV
- Letter of good standing from ACCA
- A copy of Membership certificate
- Online completion of Overview of Canadian Law and Tax through PDnet

Upon completion of all above, you will be required to fill and sign CPA form and courier two notarized IDs. Last step is payment of fee and you are member of CPA.

This entire process could take 1 month to complete.

Best of Luck!
Thanx alot dear... the info u have given is really very helpful for me. if u dont mind can u plz give me the correct link or just tell me the official website from where i can read the complete process and fees structure etc.

Ready 2 Go

Aug 10, 2015
abdul rehman qureshi said:
Thanx alot dear... the info u have given is really very helpful for me. if u dont mind can u plz give me the correct link or just tell me the official website from where i can read the complete process and fees structure etc.
just contact CGA-BCinternationalinquiries @ bccpa . ca (without space). You will be guided through the entire process.

Coolnadz

Star Member
May 27, 2014
Ready 2 Go said:
just contact CGA-BCinternationalinquiries @ bccpa . ca (without space). You will be guided through the entire process.
Just to update, I am in contact with CGA-BCinternationalinquiries @ bccpa . ca and they have mailed me that 4 years bachelors degree is must to acquire CGA certification for ACCA Members

Ready 2 Go

Aug 10, 2015
Coolnadz said:
Just to update, I am in contact with CGA-BCinternationalinquiries @ bccpa . ca and they have mailed me that 4 years bachelors degree is must to acquire CGA certification for ACCA Members
Do you have B.Sc. Oxford Brooks? did you get it evaluated from WES? I did so and they did not inquire about 4 years bachelors.

MDesai

Apr 14, 2015
Hi.. Thanks a lot all of you for the info. I am currently in Ontario.. I am a CA from India. Those who have registered, can you please help? I am looking for a job also but not possible to get without CPA. Can anyone guide?

aaji

Star Member
Jun 19, 2015
Hi all

How to start cpa ontario. I àm from sri lanka.I am half qualified in CA in Sri lanka.Once I landed there end of this month i want to start this.What are the stages I should do in order to become a CPA.

Please guide

abdul rehman qureshi

May 20, 2015
Ready 2 Go said:
Actually i m not a member of acca, yet i m just an affiliate. i can apply for membership in Jan 2016. Affiliate can never get CPA -CGA exemption? or i can still eligible?

Nepalese Applicant

Jan 3, 2015
Kathmandu
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO transferred to WVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 24, 2014
Nomination.....
PER: January 8, 2015
AOR Received.
February 2, 2015 from WVO
File Transfer...
SLU: April 22, 2015
Med's Request
May 6, 2015
Med's Done....
May 13, 2015
Interview........
TLU: May 20, 2015
Passport Req..
June 30, 2015; FLU/DM: July 3, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
PP submitted: July 3, 2015; PP received: July 16, 2015
LANDED..........
August 22, 2015
Hi Guys,

I am a CA from Nepal and under-going international transcript assessment process at CPA Western School of Business. Will get the evaluation result, may be by next week. Will keep you posted as to what sorts of exemptions they give to me, and what else I need to do in order to get CPA designation here.

Anybody with similar story, pls share your updated information.

Ready 2 Go

Aug 10, 2015
abdul rehman qureshi said:
Actually i m not a member of acca, yet i m just an affiliate. i can apply for membership in Jan 2016. Affiliate can never get CPA -CGA exemption? or i can still eligible?
you need to have ACCA membership inorder to apply for CPA-CGA membership. However, I think you still can apply for paper to paper exemptions for CPA.

best of luck.