Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
Hi. I submitted my application for CPA through MRA with ACCA via CPA Ontario portal on 7th Dec'18. CPA Ontario recently have made a portal on Nov'18 but they are facing a issue in their portal i.e. the payment link is not integrated with the portal making it impossible for me to execute payment. I am getting just a little frustrated now because review of my application has not started due to their internal issues and their review process takes another 2-3 months after they payment is done from my side.

Can anyone prescribe the timeline it might take to sort out their issues in the portal because apparently they are not giving any timeline. They just stated 2-3 weeks back that their IT and Finance team are working on it and yesterday again received same reply from them.
Any updates? CPA Ontario is very slow. I could not find a place to pay and had to email ITAregistration@cpaontario.ca for help. They directed me to this payment form:
https://portal.cpaontario.ca/forms/form-payment/6-2A?utm_source=redirect&utm_medium=offline&utm_campaign=pay-forms
I would recommend emailing ITAregistration@cpaontario.ca if you are still having issues.

I applied in mid June and have been asked to submit two character references by two Canadian CPAs who have known me for more than a year. Did anyone else here get asked to submit these character references?

Sinki_Bot

Mar 3, 2019
Hello to you guys. I need some help. I am an IFAC member. As you know IFAC members get exemption for perquisite courses in CPA Canada. I have had my academic credentials evaluated by WES as Master's degree. How can i get my IFAC membership evaluated too? I want to use the score for my express entry profile. I mean there should be a way in doing this. If CPA Canada gives such an exemption for its CPA course then it must have credit for Canada immigration office as well.
I have submitted my application recently for registration as a member in good standing with the IFAC. I've requested the letter of good standing directly from my accounting organization back in Russia, so they sent a scan copy directly to CPA Ontario, but I have no idea how many exemptions they will grant. Anyone here who got any credentials from CPA as an IFAC member? Do we have to write all modules or just capstones and CFE?

Thx

Ahsan576

Nov 24, 2017
Any updates? CPA Ontario is very slow. I could not find a place to pay and had to email ITAregistration@cpaontario.ca for help. They directed me to this payment form:
https://portal.cpaontario.ca/forms/form-payment/6-2A?utm_source=redirect&utm_medium=offline&utm_campaign=pay-forms
I would recommend emailing ITAregistration@cpaontario.ca if you are still having issues.

I applied in mid June and have been asked to submit two character references by two Canadian CPAs who have known me for more than a year. Did anyone else here get asked to submit these character references?
'

Do you have any idea how much time does CPA Ontario take to process the application? I've submitted the application since 7th Dec'18 and did the payment on 7th Jan'19, due to some problems in their portal. When inquiring from CPA Ontario through their mailing address i.e. ITAregistration@cpaontario.ca, I get a standard reply that "due to the higher volume of applications our minimum application processing time is 12 weeks."

When do the 12 weeks time apply from? Is it from the date of my submission of the application or from the date of payment?

What happened to your application? Did you get your CPA?

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
'

Do you have any idea how much time does CPA Ontario take to process the application? I've submitted the application since 7th Dec'18 and did the payment on 7th Jan'19, due to some problems in their portal. When inquiring from CPA Ontario through their mailing address i.e. ITAregistration@cpaontario.ca, I get a standard reply that "due to the higher volume of applications our minimum application processing time is 12 weeks."

When do the 12 weeks time apply from? Is it from the date of my submission of the application or from the date of payment?

What happened to your application? Did you get your CPA?
I'm not sure, although I assumed the 12 weeks would apply from the date of submission. But it took about 6 1/2 months for them to approve my application to register, and now they are asking me to submit two referee forms (letters of references) from two Canadian CPAs who have known me for over a year with the application for admission to membership. Now I do not personally know any Canadian CPAs who have known me for over a year, and when I asked itaregistration@cpaontario.ca about that, they said I could ask US CPAs if I can't find qualified Canadian CPAs to serve as referees and I would need to submit my application within 6 months of the approval letter.

They also have a facebook page with people who posted reviews about taking forever to get approved. It seems that the people who posted on this page had their applications acted upon after posting. I had considered posting but then was approved before getting around to deciding whether to post
https://www.facebook.com/pg/CPAOntario/reviews/

At this time, I am not sure if I want to apply after all, as it is very expensive and I don't work for a company that would reimburse. I was only hoping to do some tax consulting on the side and thought the CPA license would give me more credibility. But I might not even make enough to justify the annual fees. The application fee is $1672.40 between April 1 and $1118.70 between September 30 October 1 and March 31. In addition, I would need to take the CPA Reciprocity Professional Development online course within 2 years from the date of admission to membership
https://www.cpaontario.ca/become-a-cpa/why-cpa/internationally-trained-accountants/ca-reciprocity-professional-development
I had known about this before and do want to take a course like this, but it costs $1011.35 and I had thought it would be free!
So this would add up to $2683.75, in addition to the $282.50 I already paid to apply to register.
And then ongoing annual membership dues are $1170.40
https://www.cpaontario.ca/cpa-members/obligations/fees-and-important-deadlines

Faraahb

May 30, 2019
Hello

I am CA from India and member of ICAI. I have registered in CPA Ontario and they have made positive decision that i will have to appear for CFE and 30 months practical experience requirement.

But i can request exemption for practical experience requirement.

Can anyone send me practical experience form for internationally trained candidates link as i am unable to find this link and form.

Thanks

Canada-bound

Dec 15, 2017
I'm not sure, although I assumed the 12 weeks would apply from the date of submission. But it took about 6 1/2 months for them to approve my application to register, and now they are asking me to submit two referee forms (letters of references) from two Canadian CPAs who have known me for over a year with the application for admission to membership. Now I do not personally know any Canadian CPAs who have known me for over a year, and when I asked itaregistration@cpaontario.ca about that, they said I could ask US CPAs if I can't find qualified Canadian CPAs to serve as referees and I would need to submit my application within 6 months of the approval letter.

They also have a facebook page with people who posted reviews about taking forever to get approved. It seems that the people who posted on this page had their applications acted upon after posting. I had considered posting but then was approved before getting around to deciding whether to post
https://www.facebook.com/pg/CPAOntario/reviews/

At this time, I am not sure if I want to apply after all, as it is very expensive and I don't work for a company that would reimburse. I was only hoping to do some tax consulting on the side and thought the CPA license would give me more credibility. But I might not even make enough to justify the annual fees. The application fee is $1672.40 between April 1 and $1118.70 between September 30 October 1 and March 31. In addition, I would need to take the CPA Reciprocity Professional Development online course within 2 years from the date of admission to membership
https://www.cpaontario.ca/become-a-cpa/why-cpa/internationally-trained-accountants/ca-reciprocity-professional-development
I had known about this before and do want to take a course like this, but it costs $1011.35 and I had thought it would be free!
So this would add up to $2683.75, in addition to the $282.50 I already paid to apply to register.
And then ongoing annual membership dues are $1170.40
https://www.cpaontario.ca/cpa-members/obligations/fees-and-important-deadlines
Were you successful applying using US CPA references, I would also like to know what alternative documents can be used if I do not know any Canadian CPAs for longer than one year.

Nidha

Sep 13, 2019
Were you successful applying using US CPA references, I would also like to know what alternative documents can be used if I do not know any Canadian CPAs for longer than one year.

Hi, what alternative documents were accepted if you do not know any Canadian CPAs for longer than an year? Were you successful with what you submitted? I'm in the same predicament and wanted some insight, thank you!

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
Hi, what alternative documents were accepted if you do not know any Canadian CPAs for longer than an year? Were you successful with what you submitted? I'm in the same predicament and wanted some insight, thank you!
Sorry for the delay in responding. I hadn't logged in here in a while and just saw the last two posts. I decided not to go through with it after all due to the exorbitant fees!
But out of curiosity, @Canada-bound were you able to successfully apply using US CPA references?

Reactions: Nidha