+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Covid_19-Fall'20 students who got their visa approved

vhptanh@97

Star Member
Nov 29, 2018
Hi,
Thanks for information, I hope that I will also be able to go through border in August.
Please could you share do your friends went to Canada for the firsts time with new permits or they have already studied there before pandemic?
Not first time. They had valid study permits

GradStudent18

Nov 11, 2019
I have my study permit approved before March 18, and I already booked a ticket to Canada in early July. I think it would be fine based on what stated on CIC website and FB page. I also sent an email to CBSA but I am still waiting for a response. I'll fly from the US, but I have friends in my home country and they successfully got through the border. They just traveled in late May and now in quarantine.
Thanks a ton for the information that international students are allowed to enter, if they meet all the conditions.

I have my visa approved before March 18, and the self-isolation will also be taken care of.

But everyone on this thread, please tell me HOW ARE YOU ALL GOING TO FLY?

Which international airline is operating flights to Canada? Which countries are you all from? U. S., Europe, or elsewhere? I don't understand how we can travel if flights are not operating....????

And @vhptanh@97 could you please tell which airlines your friends booked for travelling from their home country to Canada?

Will be of immense, immense help if we can know which airlines are operating and from which countries?

GradStudent18

Nov 11, 2019
Looks good! thanks for the help. Can you find out how they quarantined?

@fatimajill First of all, thanks a lot for starting this thread for Fall 2020 international students.

But I have a very big doubt - quarantine and all the conditions will be relevant only if we're able to travel there in the 1st place, right?

Could you please tell me which are the airlines the are flying to Canada & from which countries?

This is the big question now, as flights don't seem to be operating. So how are we going to travel?

fatimajill

Mar 8, 2019
@fatimajill First of all, thanks a lot for starting this thread for Fall 2020 international students.

But I have a very big doubt - quarantine and all the conditions will be relevant only if we're able to travel there in the 1st place, right?

Could you please tell me which are the airlines the are flying to Canada & from which countries?

This is the big question now, as flights don't seem to be operating. So how are we going to travel?
Are you sure flights aren't operating?
I will be traveling from Pakistan and I checked emirates which seems to be operating from my home country to Canada.
Yes, that is a new concern which I read just now through their leaked document. We need to find people who traveled/are traveling soon to Canada, starting in fall semester with exclusively online classes. There was someone in another thread who had his flight booked for 10th of June. If we can somehow get in touch with him?

Reactions: GradStudent18

Dafaqisgoingon

Star Member
Jun 12, 2020
I will be traveling from Pakistan and I checked emirates which seems to be operating from my home country to Canada.
Yes, that is a new concern which I read just now through their leaked document. We need to find people who traveled/are traveling soon to Canada, starting in fall semester with exclusively online classes. There was someone in another thread who had his flight booked for 10th of June. If we can somehow get in touch with him?
That person wasn't travelling for the first time so he was probably allowed. First timers have an issue getting entry to Canada afaik, because of the 'essential' clause that was added recently.

GradStudent18

Nov 11, 2019
Thanks a lot for your reply!

Thanks again for the information on Emirates, I'll check their website for the schedules...

I think that 2nd clause on "essential" or the leaked document is not put on IRCC website right? I guess we should strictly go by the website only, as there's so much anxiety and stress already - let's better not believe a non-official doc...I don't know, not sure. I think the website giving access to everyone is the official source...?

vhptanh@97

Star Member
Nov 29, 2018
Thanks a ton for the information that international students are allowed to enter, if they meet all the conditions.

I have my visa approved before March 18, and the self-isolation will also be taken care of.

But everyone on this thread, please tell me HOW ARE YOU ALL GOING TO FLY?

Which international airline is operating flights to Canada? Which countries are you all from? U. S., Europe, or elsewhere? I don't understand how we can travel if flights are not operating....????

And @vhptanh@97 could you please tell which airlines your friends booked for travelling from their home country to Canada?

Will be of immense, immense help if we can know which airlines are operating and from which countries?
My friends flew from Vietnam through Korean Air and Air Canada. I'll fly to Winnipeg from Minneapolis via Delta.

GradStudent18

Nov 11, 2019
Oh I missed this page among so many of the pages on their website!

Thank you so much for posting this here! Seeing this only now...really grateful!

GradStudent18

Nov 11, 2019
My friends flew from Vietnam through Korean Air and Air Canada. I'll fly to Winnipeg from Minneapolis via Delta.
Thank you so very much for your kind response! Feels great to know that Air Canada is still flying to destinations outside Canada, enabling exempted people to travel.

Once again, thank you for the information!

GradStudent18

Nov 11, 2019
Hi,
Thanks for information, I hope that I will also be able to go through border in August.
Please could you share do your friends went to Canada for the firsts time with new permits or they have already studied there before pandemic?
Hey! Could you please let us know which airline you have booked your flight through and/or from which country?

I'm most worried about whether or not flights will operate but seems like some international travel is nevertheless possible, as put up by all the kind members here...