+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

covid-19 travelling exemptions

RuddyK

Sep 25, 2020
Hi , my wife is a canadian PR card holder and she just gave birth to our first child
i applied for a visitor visa 3 months ago before she gives birth
would like to know if i qualified for travel exemptions..

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi , my wife is a canadian PR card holder and she just gave birth to our first child
i applied for a visitor visa 3 months ago before she gives birth
would like to know if i qualified for travel exemptions..
Yes, you will qualify as long as the TRV is approved.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
alright thank you
Getting a TRV as the spouse of a PR holder is quite difficult. Wouldn't make any plans until you know you have a TRV. People assume that because of the travel exemptions all spouses will be able to get a TRV and enter Canada. Best of luck.

RuddyK

Sep 25, 2020
Getting a TRV as the spouse of a PR holder is quite difficult. Wouldn't make any plans until you know you have a TRV. People assume that because of the travel exemptions all spouses will be able to get a TRV and enter Canada. Best of luck.
i have got a canadian son doesnt it inncrease my chances to be exempted?and get a TRV

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
i have got a canadian son doesnt it inncrease my chances to be exempted?and get a TRV
No because getting a TRV still requires an individual to show that their intention is not to overstay their visit. Sure given your spouse is a PR and your son is a citizen are good reasons to visit but on other hand the deciding point would be how strong your ties are to return to your home country as opposed to the perceived stronger ties to stay in Canada .

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
It actually makes your chances worse. If you have a child and spouse in Canada you have more ties to Canada versus your home country and you are less likely to return home after a temporary visit. Applying won’t hurt your sponsorship so it is always worth trying to see if you can get a TRV.

Mehdi23

Jan 8, 2018
Hello my friends.
My visa application was approved today I should send my passport to the embassy. Can you tell me with respect to this situation and travel exemption, can I travel to canada? I have also an agreement signed by a company in which i will do my pre doctorate intership and its date have been started for 2 monthes

sarvesh90

Jun 18, 2018
Hello my friends.
My visa application was approved today I should send my passport to the embassy. Can you tell me with respect to this situation and travel exemption, can I travel to canada? I have also an agreement signed by a company in which i will do my pre doctorate intership and its date have been started for 2 monthes
Congratulations Mehdi. Which visa had you applied for? Also, Which country are you from?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you my bro
I applied from Egypt. I got my student visa and my wide got work permit.
It is unclear if your wife can travel. I sounds as though she still needs special permission. Doyou have a special permit for this work (§internship)? Is it a co-op? You technically can’t work before you start studying on a study permit so I don’t think a pre-internship before your doctorate is possible. You should be entering closer to the start date of your studies.

Mehdi23

Jan 8, 2018
It is unclear if your wife can travel. I sounds as though she still needs special permission. Doyou have a special permit for this work (§internship)? Is it a co-op? You technically can’t work before you start studying on a study permit so I don’t think a pre-internship before your doctorate is possible. You should be entering closer to the start date of your studies.
Hi bro
this is an internship. Why it is not possible?
when you were admitted by a canadian university, you can take an intership course if you want. Of course it is your supervisor who decide whether you are allowed or not. I have ratified an agreement between the University and Company with monthly salary.
Can you explain about my wife permit. As far as I know it would be ok for student's wife to accompany him/her to Canada. You know, it seems hilarious policy if it is true. If my wife could get a Job offer letter, she definitley applied for Express entry because she would had a high score around 520.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi bro
this is an internship. Why it is not possible?
when you were admitted by a canadian university, you can take an intership course if you want. Of course it is your supervisor who decide whether you are allowed or not. I have ratified an agreement between the University and Company with monthly salary.
Can you explain about my wife permit. As far as I know it would be ok for student's wife to accompany him/her to Canada. You know, it seems hilarious policy if it is true. If my wife could get a Job offer letter, she definitley applied for Express entry because she would had a high score around 520.
An internship is usually done after or partway through your studies. It also requires a special permit. Pre doctorate internship is not common. As an international student you receive your study permit on arrival. If you arrive and your studies start 6 months from now you could be denied entry. You are arriving to primarily study not to work. You are actually not allowed to work at all until you have started your full-time studies according to your study permit. What you really need is a work permit if you want to work before you study. I will let others comment but what yoi are attempting to do isn't possible. You must start your studies first.

Hopefully others will weigh in. @scylla? @Bs65? other?

Mehdi23

Jan 8, 2018
An internship is usually done after or partway through your studies. It also requires a special permit. Pre doctorate internship is not common. As an international student you receive your study permit on arrival. If you arrive and your studies start 6 months from now you could be denied entry. You are arriving to primarily study not to work. You are actually not allowed to work at all until you have started your full-time studies according to your study permit. What you really need is a work permit if you want to work before you study. I will let others comment but what yoi are attempting to do isn't possible. You must start your studies first.

Hopefully others will weigh in. @scylla? @Bs65? other?

I completely disagree with you. I have my intership online and I am receiving 2500 canadian dollars per month. This intership was offered to me by the university itself because it realy fit with my master degree CV. I have also some friend who got their intership not only in Canada, but in France and the U.S.A. My intership has an official agreement between BC government and university as well as a company i work for.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I completely disagree with you. I have my intership online and I am receiving 2500 canadian dollars per month. This intership was offered to me by the university itself because it realy fit with my master degree CV. I have also some friend who got their intership not only in Canada, but in France and the U.S.A. My intership has an official agreement between BC government and university as well as a company i work for.
There is no problem working from your home country. The issue is with your visa. The university and the company are not knowledgeable about immigration. You are wanting to come to Canada on your study permit and work before your PhD starts which you can't do with your study permit. You can only start working after you start studying.

@scylla would love your opinion or others.