+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COVID-19 Laid OFF PNP employer based program connect here..!!

mamong

Star Member
Nov 13, 2019
Congratulations man, I hope you get your PR card soon.
Could you please share more info about your application. I am in a very similar situation as you. I applied under BC PNP EE international graduates and was terminated from my job.
I am inland with an outland dependent, wife.
Did BC PNP contacted you ever regarding your job, did you lose it or what happened?

Thanks man, and if you have more info to share please do so.
Thanks so much - so sorry for the late reply.

Yes BC PNP did contact me in January 2021 and they asked about my situation, then they asked me for documents related to my job search. My department was terminated in July 2020 due to COVID and I updated BC PNP about the changes to my employment at that time too. I just sent them my job applications and interviews information. I didn't hear anything else from them and then in Feb. 2021, I got DM. Hope that helps.

Reactions: Yazer

MaddieNg

Nov 12, 2020
Hi everyone, with a deep sigh of relief, tears of joy, and gratitude to you all who have been encouraging and journeying with me through this, I want to update you all that I finally received my COPR yesterday.

It seems like a major factor is that BC PNP continued to support my nomination even after my employment situation changed. And that IRCC didn't "substitute" a decision and doubt the nomination. Thankfully they seem to be understanding and gracious because of COVID.

Here's my timeline:

BC PNP – In-land, Single Applicant

AR – June 20, 2019
AOR – July. 17, 2019
PAL – Dec. 14, 2019
MR – Oct. 21, 2020
Medical Exam – Nov. 10, 2020
MP – Nov. 24, 2020
ADR – Dec. 11, 2020 (IMM5669 Schedule A Background Declaration)
DM – Feb. 4, 2021
COPR – Feb. 10, 2021 (via GC Key)

I just sent off my photos for the PR card.

I will continue to pray for you all, especially those still waiting to receive your COPR - keep praying! Hang in there and don't give up!!
huge congrats to you. Finally!!!! <3 <3 <3

• Love
Reactions: mamong

MaddieNg

Nov 12, 2020
Hi Maddie

Can you tell me please how you did to change a closed WP for a BOWP?
Hi there. My closed WP is expiring next April (which is less than 4 mo). So i just go ahead apply for BOWP. make sure to enclosed your PNP certification and AOR

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
Hi, any update on your job search and pr application?
Sorry for the late response. I withdrew my Provincial nomination and applied for PR under Canadian Experience Class, after I realized I applied for the wrong NOC.

I received my PR under CEC on Feb 15, 2021.

maurmore13

Star Member
Apr 24, 2018
Congratulations . I'm happy for you guys. I'm still concerned about mine as I have not found a job yet, I have not even gotten Aor before I lost my job, Saskatchewan Nominated me under student stream, after I graduated and found a job in Sep, submitted my Pr paper based application in Oct 7, I informed the province about my job loss in Nov. The province only told me they were going to inform the immigration officer in charge of my application and they said nothing more. I'm just confused.

maurmore13

Star Member
Apr 24, 2018
Thanks so much - so sorry for the late reply.

Yes BC PNP did contact me in January 2021 and they asked about my situation, then they asked me for documents related to my job search. My department was terminated in July 2020 due to COVID and I updated BC PNP about the changes to my employment at that time too. I just sent them my job applications and interviews information. I didn't hear anything else from them and then in Feb. 2021, I got DM. Hope that helps.
Did you get your PR? I am in similar situation

vish4501

Jun 13, 2018
Hello

Here is my situation:

I applied via BC PNP techpilot (internation graduate) based on JOB offer from employer A and received PNP Nomination on FEB 2021. I applied to IRCC and got AOR MAY 2021.
In Nov 2021, I changed to new employer B, as PNP was not employer restricted and informed PNP about the changes.

Things dint work out well with employer B and in FEB 2022, I lost my job.
I did email the PNP officer, while she was evaluation my document's sent from employer B, that I lost JOB and I am searching ,would updated as soon as I get new job in BC . I did not receive any reply.

I am on open work permit, and actively applying to jobs. MY PR application is already in process,10 months since I applied.

Is there anything else required me to do?

1) Would my PR application be rejected? I have already complete 1o months.
2) Would BC PNP hold my application?

appreciate reply.