+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Covid 19 impact on future, and IELTS tests

karanbir498

May 5, 2019
Hey all,

So I am on PGWP right now, and working (fortunately, my work is ongoing online still as Software Engineer). I am about to complete my 1 year of work next month, and was planning on applying for Express Entry. However, I still need to give IELTS exam and all IELTS center seem to be closed until Covid-19 situation is fixed (which is likely gonna be 18-24 months).

My work-permit expires next year in September. And as far as I know, I cant apply for Express Entry application until I give IELTS. So do I have any options if IELTS dont open up even until next year?

Also, on that note, how do you think will the current situation impact future scores (once applications open up)? I am guessing they will increase since a lot more applicants will be eligible (including ones that are eligible right now but cant apply due to situations such as mine) and there will be lot more competition...

zabrodov

Sep 19, 2018
Gatineau
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-11-2018
AOR Received.
11-11-2018
File Transfer...
24-01-2019
Passport Req..
02-08-2019
LANDED..........
02-09-2019
If for British Council it indeed is going to take 18-24 months to open up the centers, you won't need to worry about IELTS at all. The company will just go bankrupt as no business would survive the lockdown that long

tony87

Star Member
Aug 9, 2019
I don't think BC and IDP will give in and allow online IELTS tests. Instead, I guess they'd limit the number of test-takers for each test and open up their test centers again as soon as possible. They're not charity organizations or government departments; they need to make money or at least stay alive. Plus, I believe they'll receive tremendous pressure from universities around the globe since IELTS is the most important English level test for international students and universities financially heavily rely on international students.