+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Cover Letter or SOP or Both? For Visa Re-application under SDS category.

Arshi_n

Star Member
Nov 9, 2019
I' m planning to re-apply for Student Visa for the third time under SDS category. Now, I 'm thinking of addressing refusal reasons in a cover letter point by point . In my case, I'm confused whether I have to provide SOP as well in addition to cover letter? or Is Cover letter enough?

Please if anybody has any insights, do share . Thanks in advance.

marmik1617

Jan 4, 2020
Ah Ok.
What was your word count for SOP and LOE?
Also, what points did you cover in LOE? and what did you cover in SOP?

I know it's wired one but LOE contains 3 pages and SOP contains 5 pages.
I have put VO comments ( GCMS notes) and explain it in detail point to point explanation.
In my notes they mentioned family ties and economic motive to remain in Canada.
I explain it in detail that my parent is in India and property is in India too blahh blahhh blahhh.
Then they have mentioned about course, employment, purpose of study.
I explain those reason one by one.

Reactions: Arshi_n

Arshi_n

Star Member
Nov 9, 2019
I know it's wired one but LOE contains 3 pages and SOP contains 5 pages.
I have put VO comments ( GCMS notes) and explain it in detail point to point explanation.
In my notes they mentioned family ties and economic motive to remain in Canada.
I explain it in detail that my parent is in India and property is in India too blahh blahhh blahhh.
Then they have mentioned about course, employment, purpose of study.
I explain those reason one by one.
I totally get it. I'm also struggling to keep it short.
The division of different points of concerns between LOE and SOP is baffling me. I'm so clueless at this point.
Also, did you apply under SDS category? If yes, did you provide Transcripts of your most recent degree or Mark sheets of your most recent degree?

marmik1617

Jan 4, 2020
I totally get it. I'm also struggling to keep it short.
The division of different points of concerns between LOE and SOP is baffling me. I'm so clueless at this point.
Also, did you apply under SDS category? If yes, did you provide Transcripts of your most recent degree or Mark sheets of your most recent degree?
I uploaded my education transcript then Bachelor degree , 8th sem result..... 1st sem result, 12th, 10th result.

Reactions: Arshi_n